Jump to content
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
shadowsrmine

New Captain Gunther Lutjens

23 comments in this topic

Recommended Posts

2,928
[BASIN]
[BASIN]
Members
4,432 posts
17,387 battles

:cap_cool:Secondary Armament Expert talent: upon earning 100 "Secondary Battery Hits" ribbons, the secondary battery reload time speeds up +15%. (Once per battle.) Available in the Armory for Coal 📷.

📷 Iron Strike: upon earning 140 "Main Battery Hit" ribbons, the main battery reload time speeds up +7.5%. (Once per battle.) 📷 Exemplary Reconnaissance: upon earning three "Spotted" ribbons, the talent restores 300 HP/sec with action time in seconds equal to ship's tier (e.g 5 seconds for a Tier V ship, etc.). (Multiple times per battle.) 📷 Air Superiority talent: upon earning 30 "Rocket Hit", "Bomb Hit", or "Torpedo Hit" ribbons, aircraft restoration speeds up +10%. (Once per battle.) 📷 Expert Maintenance replaces Preventative Maintenance, and reduces the risk of incapacitation of modules by -45% (normally -30%). 📷 Master Marksman replaces Expert Marksman, and improves turret rotation speed by +3.0°/sec for guns with a caliber of up to 139 mm and +1.0°/sec for guns with a caliber above 139 mm (normally +2.5 and +0.7°/sec, respectively). 📷 Improved Engine Boost extends the engine boost action time +12.5% for the aircraft carrier's squadrons (normally +10%). 📷 📷📷 Personalizations

Colored Shell Tracers, Broad Pennant, Signal flare,This morning I took the plunge and got Gunther Lutjens,Yup I know a lot of coal however the only coal resource ships of real interest to me are six months away Flint,Black and whilst I already have 19 point Captain on her I'm thinking he'll be awesome on Großer Kurfürst:cap_rambo:    image.png.d07640b648ba991597a009aa7c7cd028.png

Edited by shadowsrmine
  • Cool 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
366
[DUD]
Members
706 posts
2,470 battles

Ugh "new"?  He has been available for a long time now.   But yeah, a great Kurfurst captain

  • Boring 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3,864
[WOLF1]
Beta Testers
13,216 posts
18,753 battles

Leveling him up as we speak. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2,928
[BASIN]
[BASIN]
Members
4,432 posts
17,387 battles
7 minutes ago, kishan99 said:

Ugh "new"?  He has been available for a long time now.   But yeah, a great Kurfurst captain

New to me and and there were a couple ships that I wanted to get Before I spent 174k coal Jean Bart first and foremost as she was leaving

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
366
[DUD]
Members
706 posts
2,470 battles
11 minutes ago, shadowsrmine said:

New to me and and there were a couple ships that I wanted to get Before I spent 174k coal Jean Bart first and foremost as she was leaving

Ah ok.   I am waiting to get all the coal ships I want before spending on historical commanders.   My next ship is Thunderer

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4,561
[PVE]
Members
11,190 posts
19,795 battles

Good on ya, I don't think I will ever be able to spend coal o a commander that costs so much. The ships are what I want weather I play them or weather I don't.  I hope you like him, oh nemesis of mine, though I still don't quite understand why we are nemesis's?

Edited by Sovereigndawg
  • Boring 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2,928
[BASIN]
[BASIN]
Members
4,432 posts
17,387 battles
1 hour ago, kishan99 said:

Ah ok.   I am waiting to get all the coal ships I want before spending on historical commanders.   My next ship is Thunderer

:cap_cool:I have all the historical commanders except for the European Commander Jerzy Swirsky and I'm working on him now.As for why get Gunther Lutjens in spite of the high cost I'm hoping he help make Großer Kurfürst a little more relevant in spite of her size:cap_rambo:

Edited by shadowsrmine
  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,288
[PVE]
Members
2,186 posts
7,673 battles
12 minutes ago, Rizim said:

How do you get so much coal?

Choose "resource" crates all the time, every time.  It adds up.

  • Cool 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
95
[BASIN]
[BASIN]
Banned
121 posts
2 hours ago, Captain_Slattery said:

Choose "resource" crates all the time, every time.  It adds up.

That and complete both sets of daily missions

  • Cool 2
  • Boring 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
90
[F4E]
Members
337 posts
11,379 battles
1 hour ago, TheGreyDeath said:

That and complete both sets of daily missions

Indeed. 

If you complete both sets of daily missions (200 coal each) and select "resources" for the three crates you can earn every day, you will acquire a minimum of 1,000 coal every day and often more as the "resource" crate has at least one bag of 400 coal, but often two and sometimes three.

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
95
[BASIN]
[BASIN]
Banned
121 posts
On 4/15/2020 at 1:43 AM, Sovereigndawg said:

Good on ya, I don't think I will ever be able to spend coal o a commander that costs so much. The ships are what I want weather I play them or weather I don't.  I hope you like him, oh nemesis of mine, though I still don't quite understand why we are nemesis's?

All about attitude yours, And a few of the remarks you've made also I do believe he has you on ignore

  • Cool 1
  • Boring 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
95
[BASIN]
[BASIN]
Banned
121 posts
On 4/15/2020 at 1:03 AM, shadowsrmine said:

:cap_cool:Secondary Armament Expert talent: upon earning 100 "Secondary Battery Hits" ribbons, the secondary battery reload time speeds up +15%. (Once per battle.) Available in the Armory for Coal 📷.

📷 Iron Strike: upon earning 140 "Main Battery Hit" ribbons, the main battery reload time speeds up +7.5%. (Once per battle.) 📷 Exemplary Reconnaissance: upon earning three "Spotted" ribbons, the talent restores 300 HP/sec with action time in seconds equal to ship's tier (e.g 5 seconds for a Tier V ship, etc.). (Multiple times per battle.) 📷 Air Superiority talent: upon earning 30 "Rocket Hit", "Bomb Hit", or "Torpedo Hit" ribbons, aircraft restoration speeds up +10%. (Once per battle.) 📷 Expert Maintenance replaces Preventative Maintenance, and reduces the risk of incapacitation of modules by -45% (normally -30%). 📷 Master Marksman replaces Expert Marksman, and improves turret rotation speed by +3.0°/sec for guns with a caliber of up to 139 mm and +1.0°/sec for guns with a caliber above 139 mm (normally +2.5 and +0.7°/sec, respectively). 📷 Improved Engine Boost extends the engine boost action time +12.5% for the aircraft carrier's squadrons (normally +10%). 📷 📷📷 Personalizations

Colored Shell Tracers, Broad Pennant, Signal flare,This morning I took the plunge and got Gunther Lutjens,Yup I know a lot of coal however the only coal resource ships of real interest to me are six months away Flint,Black and whilst I already have 19 point Captain on her I'm thinking he'll be awesome on Großer Kurfürst:cap_rambo:    image.png.d07640b648ba991597a009aa7c7cd028.png

 

On 4/15/2020 at 1:08 AM, kishan99 said:

Ugh "new"?  He has been available for a long time now.   But yeah, a great Kurfurst captain

Have either of you noticed the 'cough cough cough' unofficial global nerf to secondary range?Making secondary builds as ineffective as AA?

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2,928
[BASIN]
[BASIN]
Members
4,432 posts
17,387 battles
18 minutes ago, TheGreyDeath said:

 

Have either of you noticed the 'cough cough cough' unofficial global nerf to secondary range?Making secondary builds as ineffective as AA?

Yes I had noticed grey the difference tho I hadn't really figured out what was going on :Smile-angry: Guess I'm either going to have to retrain my secondary Commander's or use different ones🤬

Edited by shadowsrmine
  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2,928
[BASIN]
[BASIN]
Members
4,432 posts
17,387 battles
30 minutes ago, shadowsrmine said:

Yes I had noticed grey the difference tho I hadn't really figured out what was going on :Smile-angry: Guess I'm either going to have to retrain my secondary Commander's or use different ones🤬

So in addition to main guns not having the range other ships of the same tier their secondary guns have been nerf hammered as well 1f633.png :Smile-angry: 😡

Edited by shadowsrmine
  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[TORCH]
Members
784 posts
20,280 battles
On 4/15/2020 at 7:43 AM, TheGreyDeath said:

That and complete both sets of daily missions

...and ranked sprints/ranked/clan battles.  IIRC, all three can reward you with significant amounts of coal.  And...don't count on it, but there is the occasional supercontainer.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
578
[-N-]
Members
2,268 posts
15,517 battles
On 4/15/2020 at 1:03 AM, shadowsrmine said:

:cap_cool:Secondary Armament Expert talent: upon earning 100 "Secondary Battery Hits" ribbons, the secondary battery reload time speeds up +15%. (Once per battle.) Available in the Armory for Coal 📷.

📷 Iron Strike: upon earning 140 "Main Battery Hit" ribbons, the main battery reload time speeds up +7.5%. (Once per battle.) 📷 Exemplary Reconnaissance: upon earning three "Spotted" ribbons, the talent restores 300 HP/sec with action time in seconds equal to ship's tier (e.g 5 seconds for a Tier V ship, etc.). (Multiple times per battle.) 📷 Air Superiority talent: upon earning 30 "Rocket Hit", "Bomb Hit", or "Torpedo Hit" ribbons, aircraft restoration speeds up +10%. (Once per battle.) 📷 Expert Maintenance replaces Preventative Maintenance, and reduces the risk of incapacitation of modules by -45% (normally -30%). 📷 Master Marksman replaces Expert Marksman, and improves turret rotation speed by +3.0°/sec for guns with a caliber of up to 139 mm and +1.0°/sec for guns with a caliber above 139 mm (normally +2.5 and +0.7°/sec, respectively). 📷 Improved Engine Boost extends the engine boost action time +12.5% for the aircraft carrier's squadrons (normally +10%). 📷 📷📷 Personalizations

Colored Shell Tracers, Broad Pennant, Signal flare,This morning I took the plunge and got Gunther Lutjens,Yup I know a lot of coal however the only coal resource ships of real interest to me are six months away Flint,Black and whilst I already have 19 point Captain on her I'm thinking he'll be awesome on Großer Kurfürst:cap_rambo:    image.png.d07640b648ba991597a009aa7c7cd028.png

He is quite nice on the Mainz.

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
95
[BASIN]
[BASIN]
Banned
121 posts
On 4/15/2020 at 1:43 AM, Sovereigndawg said:

Good on ya, I don't think I will ever be able to spend coal o a commander that costs so much. The ships are what I want weather I play them or weather I don't.  I hope you like him, oh nemesis of mine, though I still don't quite understand why we are nemesis's?

Don't like the truth huh? Well I guess you're in for a lot of pain in life then because the truth is often painful especially when you're unwilling to face it:cap_horn:

Edited by TheGreyDeath
  • Cool 1
  • Funny 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
389
[USCGC]
[USCGC]
Members
836 posts
7,444 battles
On 4/15/2020 at 8:38 AM, MN_Nice said:

Indeed. 

If you complete both sets of daily missions (200 coal each) and select "resources" for the three crates you can earn every day, you will acquire a minimum of 1,000 coal every day and often more as the "resource" crate has at least one bag of 400 coal, but often two and sometimes three.

Getting all three containers plus the daily missions is a guaranteed 1,600 coal. (400 x 3) + (200 x 2) = 1,600

That's the minimum. Maximum possible (theoretically) is 4,000 in one day, that's if you get 3 triple coal resource crates. I've gotten triple coal on back to back days, but never more than one in the same day.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9,763
[CMFRT]
[CMFRT]
Banned
16,985 posts
7 hours ago, TheGreyDeath said:

Have either of you noticed the 'cough cough cough' unofficial global nerf to secondary range?Making secondary builds as ineffective as AA?

Not really, no.   I haven't seen any reduction in the range of secondaries. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
366
[DUD]
Members
706 posts
2,470 battles
11 hours ago, TheGreyDeath said:

Have either of you noticed the 'cough cough cough' unofficial global nerf to secondary range?Making secondary builds as ineffective as AA?

whats the nerf?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2,928
[BASIN]
[BASIN]
Members
4,432 posts
17,387 battles
2 hours ago, kishan99 said:

whats the nerf?

All I know is I had both GK,Georgia out several times over the last several days came within 8 kms on both a number of times and secondarys failed to activate and main guns only was my damage,Which was fairly good but shouldn't have been all I no longer have screenshotting capabilitys since they've taken jing down however these are the Captains builds Massachusetts 19 Point Captain the Commander I use on Georgia  https://worldofwarships.com/en/content/captains-skills/?skills=1,2,3,9,18,23,26&ship=Battleship       19 Point Commander  on  GK  https://worldofwarships.com/en/content/captains-skills/?skills=1,2,3,17,18,23,26&ship=Battleship

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×