Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
GambitHG

What happened to Tech Tree ship discounts?

9 comments in this topic

Members
412 posts
12,180 battles

One of the WG practices I liked was how they would put some nations or ship types on discount for a week (TII-V: 50%; TVI-VII: 30%, TVIII-X: 15%). I liked picking up some of the tech tree ships I either FXPed or had previously sold at a discounted price. When I started playing, WG would do this roughly once per month, which about 18 months ago I noticed decreased to about once every 2 months. Now it's almost been 4 months since the last ship discount offer. Any ideas as to when the next offer will occur?

• Cool 1

[S0L0]
Beta Testers
892 posts
7,646 battles

Maybe not coming back?  Replaced by clan naval base discounts and incoming free premium consumables

[NGA-B]
Beta Testers
211 posts
11,711 battles
6 minutes ago, missile742 said:

Maybe not coming back?  Replaced by clan naval base discounts and incoming free premium consumables

I think it's this.  Have been with RST for over a year and I have discounts on my open tech tree ships.  I think it's meant to encourage ppl to join clans, even if they're social ones.

[PVE]
Members
20,171 posts
13,061 battles
1 minute ago, KilljoyCutter said:

Wait, that nonsense is pending again? 

9.4 is the schedule. So Wed, May 6th if the 4 week schedule holds.

[CMFRT]
[CMFRT]
Banned
16,985 posts
1 minute ago, Kizarvexis said:

9.4 is the schedule. So Wed, May 6th if the 4 week schedule holds.

Ugh.

If everyone has premium consumables, then no one does.  It doesn't help anything.

• Cool 1

[WOLFG]
Members
34,394 posts
10,706 battles
3 hours ago, KilljoyCutter said:

Ugh.

If everyone has premium consumables, then no one does.  It doesn't help anything.

Sure it does. It helps me get the benefits of premium consumables, without paying for them!

In my estimation anyway, the relative advantage of having them when others do not, is far overshadowed by the absolute added utility of having them, regardless of what others do or do not have.

IOW, I don't care that I have one extra heal and a faster cooldown than someone else, I care that I have one extra heal and a faster cooldown than I had previously.

Edited by Skpstr
  • Cool 1

[EQRN]
Members
2,301 posts
21,469 battles
4 hours ago, GambitHG said:

One of the WG practices I liked was how they would put some nations or ship types on discount for a week (TII-V: 50%; TVI-VII: 30%, TVIII-X: 15%). I liked picking up some of the tech tree ships I either FXPed or had previously sold at a discounted price. When I started playing, WG would do this roughly once per month, which about 18 months ago I noticed decreased to about once every 2 months. Now it's almost been 4 months since the last ship discount offer. Any ideas as to when the next offer will occur?

There was a limited one around Christmas and US-only sale Thanksgiving before that.  The last full tree discount was during the anniversary.  

[WOLF7]
Members
165 posts

Join a clan. If you don't want to get involved or be super active, join a WOLF clan. Most of them will have the 15% discount on all tech tree ships.

Sign in to follow this