Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Player_1632443379

How many more than one does a vote for "Unsupporting" count?

8 comments in this topic

[SCRUM]
Members
53 posts
15,048 battles

I was in a battle and I guy already dead goes "POSTAL" yelling every name in the book at me (… oh, to be clear we won the battle because I survived and we won on points - hell I even had the high score for the team by a long ways) - my question is if I dump all 7 of my unsupporting votes on him do any more than the first one count against him?

Further, if I blacklist him what does that alter about future teaming with him? Does anything even occur?

Edited by Player_1632443379
  • Boring 1

[STURM]
Members
738 posts
6,338 battles

Only one vote per game registers, and blacklisting doesn't effect matchmaker at all, it just stops you from getting any messages he sends or seeing anything he types in chat.

In this case, however, it sounds like the perfect solution. Just put the blowhard on blacklist, and let him stew in his own vitriol.

• Cool 1

[BUOY]
Members
1,491 posts
17,533 battles

Only the first counts against him the same as you can only compliment a player once. Also, the only report known to be anything other than basically venting is 'Misbehavior in chat' which can get a player chat banned (which seems to be the case here). Blacklist only mutes him to you, it does not affect the MM.

If the flames were particularly bad i.e. slurs / 'rl threats' and such you can put in a ticket with the replay and WG will probably do something since they do police shenanigans like that far more than AFK / Botting since it's so much easier to spot.

[SPERG]
In AlfaTesters, In AlfaTesters
2,545 posts
13,661 battles
5 minutes ago, Muninn77 said:

Only one vote per game registers, and blacklisting doesn't effect matchmaker at all, it just stops you from getting any messages he sends or seeing anything he types in chat.

In this case, however, it sounds like the perfect solution. Just put the blowhard on blacklist, and let him stew in his own vitriol.

Correction:

Blacklisting only prevents them from sending you private messages while in port. In battle you will have to right click and ignore user

[TSG4]
Volunteer Moderator, Privateers
3,534 posts
18,501 battles

Or

if you had a replay and some ss of the public chat, create and submitted the ticket. His entire chat log will be review and punish accordingly

regards,

• Boring 1

[PVE]
Members
9,042 posts
25,436 battles
1 hour ago, Player_1632443379 said:

I was in a battle and I guy already dead goes "POSTAL" yelling every name in the book at me (… oh, to be clear we won the battle because I survived and we won on points - hell I even had the high score for the team by a long ways) - my question is if I dump all 7 of my unsupporting votes on him do any more than the first one count against him?

Further, if I blacklist him what does that alter about future teaming with him? Does anything even occur?

Another option is to type, "YAWN" in chat & just giggle as he whines some more.

• Cool 1
  • Boring 1

[XXX]
Members
595 posts
1,710 battles

I had a guy go postal on me for playing CV. I was in my Midway, he was a Haru. calls his own bloody position out a minute in, b7.  So I just ignored him. Didn't want to play with a game thrower. Guy is just toxic spewing in all chat at me to come kill him. Still refused.  I was annoyed, at his behavior and more. Minutes in, team's doing well, winning, I hit some bb's and play footsy with the other cv, I call the guy out on his terribad behavior, and finally bring the guy around to just being nice for once after pointing out that if this is how he was ingame, it must be how he is IRL.  guy calmed down after a bit and he finally extolls his frustration at WG, and wants it to improve. His team and mine pretty dead silent most of the time.  

Frankly..just goes to show people should start being nicer to people.  I get when people are frustrated but by god, don't take it out on others.  Just worsens it for everyone.

Community Department
3,361 posts
1,300 battles

Some posts with trolling and personal attacks were hidden to prevent warnings. Keep constructive and civil here and in the battles.
Nobody wants to see anything rude, especially during this time. 
Thanks everyone for providing right point of view on the problem of misbehavior in the chat and the Black List. 
The topic is going to be locked to prevent future moderation.