You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Hapa_Fodder

Clan Battles: Warrior's Path Season

69 comments in this topic

[KEA]
Members
4 posts
16,002 battles

Double hard pass on cv's in a 7 v 7. DD's might as well not show up as they will spend the entire match dodging and hiding from OP rocket planes, perma radar, and smoke covered HE spammers

• Cool 7
  • Boring 3

[RTXN3]
[RTXN3]
Members
26 posts
10,454 battles

Ok, but when CV's show up, which will they be? Mostly Hak for the AS, Midway cuz, or the new kid Audacious with durable planes and DOT ? 

• Boring 1

[RCNVR]
[RCNVR]
Members
2 posts
11,538 battles

A CV gives you early eyes on where the other team is going but cannot give that sustained support a good BB can provide.  A BB can delete a poor CA/CL player but I have yet to see a CV pull off a pure alpha.  Lastly, can you say Smalland/Halland/Gearing..... those DD's can hold their own against the rockets.  

• Cool 1
  • Boring 2

[HEAVY]
Members
7 posts
18,151 battles

I am disappointed about no longer being allowed to reset commanders.  For years, WOWs allowed resetting for every tier if you participated in clan battles, so they had to know it was a perk that went beyond just the actual ships players were using in clans.  I generally defend Wargaming as I understand it is a business, but the argument that resetting is no longer necessary because they are allowing cv's rings hollow.

• Cool 9

[DING0]
Members
10 posts
16,955 battles

Why is Clan Battles being moved up 12 hours in the day from the past seasons?
The last 2 posts about Clan Battles season 9, by Wargaming, says it will start at 07:30 AM EDT. That will basically eliminate the majority of Clan Battles participants on the NA server, due to starting near the beginning of the work day.

Start time error by Wargaming.png

Edited by FlyingSquid
typo

[RGPLT]
Members
683 posts
18,476 battles

Its going to be a wild one this season. Wednesday night can't get here fast enough. My crew is eager to get back into the saddle and earn some steel. 

HOT is recruiting players of all skill levels for clan battles and team play in general. Grinding your ship lines is a lot more fun with good company.  Discord link: https://discord.gg/GRGngj

Clan Battles is the ultimate experience in the game as your working together with people towards a common goal and true team play is possible.

[RGPLT]
Members
683 posts
18,476 battles
2 minutes ago, FlyingSquid said:

Why is Clan Battles being moved up 12 hours in the day from the past seasons?
The last 2 posts about Clan Battles season 9, by Wargaming, says it will start at 07:30 AM EDT. That will basically eliminate the majority of Clan Battles participants on the NA server, due to starting near the beginning of the work day.

Start time error by Wargaming.png

The matches don't start at that time. They still start at normal prime time. The battle type just appears in the game client at that time.

• Cool 1

[SRM]
Members
409 posts
20,530 battles

I am not surprised That WG choose this moment during a pandemic when people are Strapped for cash to make what is little more than a Blatant money grab and using CV's being in Clan battles as an excuse This is [edited] 

• Cool 6
  • Boring 2

[O7]
Members
481 posts
30,838 battles

Sad to see how out of touch wg is with their player base now. Only a small minority actually wanted cv's in clan battles. The funniest part is by having it as a choice between a cv and a bb, they actually believe cv's and bb's affect the battle equally. Even if it was a choice between 2 bbs vs 1 cv you'd still have to choose a cv. The removal of free respecs is a joke too. It will only hurt new players and more casual clans. My clan will still play clan battles and in all likelihood, finish top 5 again. However, these changes are awful and as long as you guys get your data so this can never happen again, so be it 

Edited by eagle_lance
  • Cool 6
  • Boring 2

[TXC]
[TXC]
Members
4 posts
22,338 battles

So can rent all types of CB ships EXCEPT CV's? 

This should play out well...lol.

• Cool 1

[USN]
Members
1,753 posts
22,015 battles

"Players can choose between one CV or one BB." Great to see WG is offering a choice, because I'll bet any team that wants to win will play CVs.

And no free respecs because CVs are now here is a big middle finger to people who don't have the commander XP or doubloons hanging around to respect captains, and its not like some people have two different builds for the same ship, one for randoms, one for clan battles, do they?

Although, I'm pretty sure you couldn't get 4k steel just for playing up to Gale league, so that might be a positive, but the negatives far outweigh this one thing.

• Cool 2

[USRUS]
[USRUS]
Members
1,831 posts
22,726 battles

Where's the rental carrier? Is it not appropriate to also give those as rentals? 

If you're going to include all classes, you must include a rental carrier.

• Cool 2
  • Boring 1

[CRUEL]
[CRUEL]
Members
242 posts
28,258 battles

This is the end of DDs in Clan Battles It was hard enough with all the radar, now with CVs it will almost be impossible for DD players to have much of an impact In a Clan Battle We used to run 2 or even 3 DDs Now we will only run 1 Maybe.

You want to run a DD in Clan Battles?     

Forget about it - goodfellas laugh | Meme Generator

Edited by CaptinKen
  • Cool 1
  • Boring 2

[HEAVY]
Members
7 posts
18,151 battles

There are few really good CV captains out there so not providing rental CV's is ridiculous.  A lot of clans won't have any tier 10 CV's at all.  Even bad CV captains can spot at least, lol.  I guess Wargaming wants us to buy them ... shocker.

• Cool 1

[D-H-O]
-Members-
4,756 posts
16,533 battles
9 minutes ago, Deviathan said:

@Hapa_Fodder has there been any thought to giving us a WoT-style map of control to battle over instead of just ratings?

Sorry, I would need more information. I haven't played WoT in years. Do you mean like a a "progression" based thing?

[STW-A]
Members
831 posts
7,122 battles
1 minute ago, Hapa_Fodder said:

Sorry, I would need more information. I haven't played WoT in years. Do you mean like a a "progression" based thing?

I've played maybe 6 games on Tanks, so maybe I'm not drawing the best equivalency with that.  My thought was something like having the world map with various port cities/coastline territories/shipping lanes or something that we are able to fight other clans for, that would provide bonuses to the clan of some sort.  I played Eve-O for a lot of years and always like the sovreignty-style method of "owning" space.  I would think it would be a little more immersive to be able to carve out your little area of territory to own instead of just seeing where you stand on a ratings chart.

[D-H-O]
-Members-
4,756 posts
16,533 battles
33 minutes ago, Deviathan said:

I've played maybe 6 games on Tanks, so maybe I'm not drawing the best equivalency with that.  My thought was something like having the world map with various port cities/coastline territories/shipping lanes or something that we are able to fight other clans for, that would provide bonuses to the clan of some sort.  I played Eve-O for a lot of years and always like the sovreignty-style method of "owning" space.  I would think it would be a little more immersive to be able to carve out your little area of territory to own instead of just seeing where you stand on a ratings chart.

AH, Eve, THAT I can understand :Smile_izmena: well I will tell you. At least from what I see in the dev-space (see what I did there?) we are trying to keep CB's as simple as possible. However, if you want to do a write up and throw it in the "Feature Suggestions" portion of the forums, I will definitely feed that up. Because I would definitely be curious about something like that!

Mahalo,

-Hapa

[CYNIC]
[CYNIC]
Members
9,236 posts
12,696 battles
3 hours ago, TOM_1125 said:

I am disappointed about no longer being allowed to reset commanders.  For years, WOWs allowed resetting for every tier if you participated in clan battles, so they had to know it was a perk that went beyond just the actual ships players were using in clans.  I generally defend Wargaming as I understand it is a business, but the argument that resetting is no longer necessary because they are allowing cv's rings hollow.

Especially since so many spec'd out of AA builds. This is nothing but a blatant cash grab by WG, because build changes are more needed now, not less.

• Cool 1