Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
Bex_o7

Clan Base worth

8 comments in this topic

[B-Z]
Members
33 posts
21,532 battles

It takes over 780K in oil to fully upgrade a clan base. Roughly 78,000 containers... split among 50 members, everyone getting three per day... it takes 520 days to fully upgrade a base. Of course, that doesn't account for Naval Battles and bonus containers/Santa crates, but it's still over a year of 50 people getting three crates a day to become fully upgraded.

So it got me thinking, if someone had a base to sell, what would it be worth?

I know, against EULA etc, so it's purely hypothetical.

But it also got me wondering if WarGaming had any plans to monetize fast tracking a clan base and if they did, what would people pay for the privilege? 

[INTEL]
[INTEL]
Members
7,547 posts
33,562 battles

Mo idea and don't really care to speculate.

What you are talking about amounts to Pay to Win. Nope.

[B-Z]
Members
33 posts
21,532 battles
25 minutes ago, alexf24 said:

Mo idea and don't really care to speculate.

What you are talking about amounts to Pay to Win. Nope.

Huh? Clan Bases help you win now?

[WORX]
Members
9,032 posts
17,182 battles

Considering the demand is falling since its inception. The market value of such proposition is minimal or very low.

Members
1,111 posts
31,774 battles

Having invested a few years in one clan, grinding out the oil, and finding out it's not worth it; yeah, I won't buy a fast track, and it's a bad taste in my mouth if I ever do that again. I did my part, but I am done with clans.

[-K-]
Privateers, Members, Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters, Beta Testers, Supertester
5,877 posts
8,940 battles
5 hours ago, Bex_o7 said:

It takes over 780K in oil to fully upgrade a clan base. Roughly 78,000 containers... split among 50 members, everyone getting three per day... it takes 520 days to fully upgrade a base. Of course, that doesn't account for Naval Battles and bonus containers/Santa crates, but it's still over a year of 50 people getting three crates a day to become fully upgraded.

But it also got me wondering if WarGaming had any plans to monetize fast tracking a clan base and if they did, what would people pay for the privilege? 

Technically, it already is possible.  Any container you buy in the store gives your clan 10 oil a container.

https://na.wargaming.net/shop/wows/specials/ has had containers available for a while.

• Cool 1

[TSG4]
[TSG4]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
2,330 posts
14,722 battles
On 4/13/2020 at 5:05 AM, Bex_o7 said:

*VERY* simple solution - Instead of that person being ego-driven and wanting to "be in charge" by creating "YET ANOTHER CLAN".... all he has to do is join a clan (ANY clan) that has been around long enough and put-in the effort to build their base, and VOIS-LA.... instantly upgraded clan base!

Anniversary-3Years-2.png

[TNG-3]
Members
141 posts
12,334 battles

I've expressed an interest i obtaining a fully-built port. There have to be a few out there from dead clans. 

I didn't get any offers, and I don't think there's much of a market on either side. Not too many available and even less parties interested. 

One person did offer one up, but I didn't get it in time and I saw no mention of $$. 

Sign in to follow this