Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
JohnChristianFalkenberg

Increasing number of games when I am targeted with first salvo precisely without any detection??

17 comments in this topic

Members
81 posts
10,201 battles

Must be a new illegal mod ... because I stealthily approach, no radar, no hydro, no radio location and no aircraft and never having been fired on, BOOM, first salvo deletes me. How can this happen if they have never detected me from the beginning of the battle?? How do they know I am there? If it was a series of salvos and one got me ... that could be ok but FIRST SALVO KILL? This has happened many times ... I do not believe in that kind of continuous luck and I don't believe in ESP. Must be a new ILLEGAL (sick bird) mod. Seems only certain teams are using it.

What do you think ... is it somehow that they detect me and the game lags so much that I don't get the warning or is it an illegal mod?

• Funny 1
  • Boring 4

[HINON]
Alpha Tester
26,297 posts
22,581 battles

Wild claims without proof ... Accusations of hacks ...

Just what do you expect us to say or do?

• Cool 4
  • Boring 2

[HSD]
Members
795 posts
12,757 battles
40 minutes ago, JohnChristianFalkenberg said:

Must be a new illegal mod ... because I stealthily approach, no radar, no hydro, no radio location and no aircraft and never having been fired on, BOOM, first salvo deletes me. How can this happen if they have never detected me from the beginning of the battle?? How do they know I am there? If it was a series of salvos and one got me ... that could be ok but FIRST SALVO KILL? This has happened many times ... I do not believe in that kind of continuous luck and I don't believe in ESP. Must be a new ILLEGAL (sick bird) mod. Seems only certain teams are using it.

What do you think ... is it somehow that they detect me and the game lags so much that I don't get the warning or is it an illegal mod?

The game automatically keeps replays of your 30 most recent games. You can find them in the game files in a folder called "replays", post up the files in question to the forum and people can view the game and try to help you. You do not need to do anything special with the file, just attach it here and other people can look at it.

The lack of any attached files does not help your case in any way.

[FML]
Members
4,318 posts
16,490 battles

I don’t suppose your enemy could have anticipated where you would be, given the potentially large numbers of battles they have played and what enemy movements are possible/lucky??

Also, were you ‘located’ by RPF??

• Cool 1

[PVE]
Members
9,076 posts
25,466 battles
1 hour ago, JohnChristianFalkenberg said:

Please post a replay...interested in whether your system just has a bug as you assume might be happening.

If you watch the replay 1st & see you just missed being detected (even if only for a moment...& as much as 10-15 seconds...or maybe even longer...before being hit as some shells will take that long to travel from a BB w/a spotter across the map) please update & let us know.

Would hate to see this get shut down if you actually have some sort of bug going on but w/out a replay this seems far fetched...especially w/the claims of it happening repeatedly.

(Oh wait...just reread the whole post...) & can you clarify what you mean by "only certain teams"... are you referring to certain clans?

If so don't post the names here as that is a violation of forum rules but do submit a ticket...although that really sounds even more far fetched that you keep getting into battles w/members of the same "teams" that are somehow doing this.

Kinda surprised @turbo07 didn't just lock this right away & make you start another thread w/screenshot proof of all that improbability.

1 hour ago, UltimateNewbie said:

I don’t suppose your enemy could have anticipated where you would be, given the potentially large numbers of battles they have played and what enemy movements are possible/lucky??

Also, were you ‘located’ by RPF??

RPF (which he already denied in his OP) just points to the center of the square they are in...that's a whole lot of real estate to randomly lob a single kill shot volley into...repeatedly...& from the same "teams" every time.

Members
292 posts

To be honest if you think about it logically, if something like this was introduced, it wouldn't be just you that notices there would be posts all over the place, as others have mentioned being hit while not spotted could be down to a bunch of things, for example if you are happily sailing along in your ship and the detected alarm goes off there are only so many places the ship that is seeing you can be, better players might simply be trying to bait a hidden ship into firing...

This reminds me of a story that the Met Office in the UK(so like the National Weather Service in the US), they used to fire weather rockets into the Atlantic to collect data, this would be the 1950s and 60s. In a debate in Parliament an MP asked was there was a danger to shipping? the Military looked into it and  said well not really but if one hit a ship it could damage or sink it so the select committee instructed the RAF to petrol firing zones.... the irony of the story is that now they had taken something with limited likelihood of interaction with shipping or aircraft and placed an aircraft in the middle of it!     

Edited by Bluemoon51

[O_O]
Members
7,172 posts
18,057 battles
2 hours ago, JohnChristianFalkenberg said:

Must be a new illegal mod ... because I stealthily approach, no radar, no hydro, no radio location and no aircraft and never having been fired on, BOOM, first salvo deletes me...This has happened many times ...

John, several much more experienced players have responded, and none of them (myself included) have ever seen anything like what you are describing.  It is not outside the realm of possibility that a new hack has been introduced (even though I have never seen anything I suspected to be a cheat)...but I haven't seen anyone else on this forum mention what you describe.

Without seeing for myself what is happening, I can only suspect that you are missing the warning that you have been spotted.

[KIA-A]
Members
950 posts
6,396 battles
3 hours ago, JohnChristianFalkenberg said:

Replay please.

Members
3,792 posts
23,987 battles
4 hours ago, JohnChristianFalkenberg said:

Are you by chance playing on an older computer and/or have poor connection speeds?

I've seen people over the years claim they were never spotted but killed and it always seemed to come down to lag on their end.

As the others have said, without a replay from your game files there's no way to validate any of your claims.

[--O--]
Members
994 posts

The only time this happens in my experience is when you have someone drop a double cv in high tiers (Very Rare) or if  you have clanmates in the same game that dropped opposite sides <----(this happened yesterday) though it is next to impossible to prove a Div was on one side and a single clanmate on the other. this was a 4dd per side game tier9 The CV on the reds managed to target all the other dds instantly, then went after week AA ships leaving the clanmate alone who was sailing circles still in the spawn. Again impossible to prove that was happening but well 1+1 Still = 2 in my world and all things in that match still pointed it. This is why i have said and lobbied for years for Wargaming to make it IMPOSSIBLE for clans to be on opposite sides in the same match. Yes most are honest and its fun to kill a friend (get a training room then) but there are dishonest people who will cheat given the chance.

[ALL41]
Beta Testers
2,560 posts
11,226 battles

The game does have a glitch where you get spotted by NOTHING for a second ... almost as if a ship had seen you and crossed behind an island in a second.. or an airplane spots you just before it leaves the range in which it can spot you. 

..and this happens even when there are no planes in the air, it happens at the very start of the game where it is simply not possible for anyone to be able to spot you, etc. 

If you enable mods or options in minimap to show icons of where ships were last detected you will see this happening quite often. A split second 'spot' of an enemy ship when it isnt firing and no one in your team is remotely close to its detection range yet... there it is... the icon on minimap showing you that red ship's location. 

Without that option enabled you won't notice it. 

You also see it happening because sometimes, you won't have the ! icon that you've been detected yet... you get the icon that someone locked guns on you for a split second then vanished. Most likely a player was looking in your direction and your ship became magic-spotted by nothing for a split second, his client auto-locked you and you vanished from his sight in a split second. 

Sad thing is, if the other player is scanning that area with his guns, sees your ship visible for a spit second, broadside...thats enough time to take a blind shot. 

• Cool 1

Sign in to follow this