You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
ThisIsClassic

...And It's Already Time to Nerf the Economic Signals

26 comments in this topic

[INTEL]
Members
3,474 posts
20,556 battles

Well, they are available for doubloons.  So maybe not.

1M net credits

23.8k XP

49.8k Commander XP

unknown.png?width=987&height=515

unknown.png?width=987&height=317

unknown.png?width=987&height=395

unknown.png?width=987&height=361

• Boring 1

[-K-]
Members
8,491 posts
14,901 battles

Am I the only one who thought giving the ability to mount 437 signals at once was a bad idea?

• Funny 3

[WOLFC]
Members
557 posts
13 minutes ago, Ace_04 said:

Am I the only one who thought giving the ability to mount 437 signals at once was a bad idea?

I know it certainly wasn't this guy.

1ocvrb.jpg

• Funny 5

[O_O]
Members
7,163 posts
18,038 battles

Just wait until the next +200% first win bonus event.  Numbers gonna get wild.

[PPNA2]
Members
533 posts
7,716 battles
2 minutes ago, desmo_2 said:

Just wait until the next +200% first win bonus event.  Numbers gonna get wild.

Can't wait dragons will be out in force

[INTEL]
Members
3,474 posts
20,556 battles
21 minutes ago, Ace_04 said:

It made my grind from Mogador to Kleber just 18 battles.  Needed 240k XP.  Do the math.

• Boring 1

[X-PN]
Members
2,105 posts
13,625 battles

I don't think WG minds too much when you "spend" a bunch of dragon flags.

I wonder if Yamamoto would be happy that his "crates" are so popular.

[TARK]
Members
669 posts
4,493 battles
45 minutes ago, ClassicLib said:

Well, they are available for doubloons.  So maybe not.

1M net credits

23.8k XP

49.8k Commander XP

unknown.png?width=987&height=515

unknown.png?width=987&height=317

unknown.png?width=987&height=395

unknown.png?width=987&height=361

If you do that every game, you aren't going to have signals forever.  Its fine.  Enjoy being able to farm credits while you have 21 signals mounted.  Just know, once you run out, its back to how it used to be.

There is literally nothing to complain about with the econ signal boost....

• Cool 1

[INTEL]
Members
3,474 posts
20,556 battles
3 minutes ago, Eckarbeiter said:

If you do that every game, you aren't going to have signals forever.  Its fine.  Enjoy being able to farm credits while you have 21 signals mounted.  Just know, once you run out, its back to how it used to be.

There is literally nothing to complain about with the econ signal boost....

say it ain't so

[SOFOP]
Members
2,584 posts
16,278 battles
40 minutes ago, ClassicLib said:

It made my grind from Mogador to Kleber just 18 battles.  Needed 240k XP.  Do the math.

There are less than 8 flags that increase ship xp....so the math says it could have taken you 18 games before also.  This way though you just got the other benefits as well.

Ultimately the people grinding lines wont really have the flag stock to do this very long..and those that have the stock probably aren't grinding lines anymore and again....they were getting those xp levels anyways.

• Cool 1

[PVE]
Members
11,199 posts
19,830 battles

Like WG is going to nerf their new Money Maker. They nerf scenarios, I put on more signals and still can't get what I would get before. Lesta did accomplish one thing with this nerf, they got me to stop spending money on this game. If they retract the scenario base XP nerf, I will start spending again. I figure that I won't be spending again.

• Cool 6

[RLGN]
Members
16,841 posts
29,512 battles
26 minutes ago, Eckarbeiter said:

Which is why I still run as few signals as appropriate. (usually just the standard five ecos.)

I pile them on when I really matters to me.

5 minutes ago, Old_Baldy_One said:

Ultimately the people grinding lines wont really have the flag stock to do this very long..and those that have the stock probably aren't grinding lines anymore and again....they were getting those xp levels anyways.

This.

Not gonna respond the WGs blatant attempt to soak up signal stocks.

[BS]
Members
2,001 posts
11,723 battles

everytime i mount all the special signals, i lose. sometimes i wonder if they have something that recognizes it and puts you on the weak team.

• Cool 1

[DRFTR]
Beta Testers
4,648 posts

what would you nerf?  the ability to mount so many?  or the bonus each provides? the numbers that are handed out to long time players?

as a newer player I rarely run the economy signals, let alone any specials or combat signals...  i simply don't have a ton of them and figure I may as well hang onto them until higher tiers (currently playing T4-T7)

• Cool 1

[D-DAY]
Members
7,163 posts
8 minutes ago, Estimated_Prophet said:

Which is why I still run as few signals as appropriate. (usually just the standard five ecos.)

I pile them on when I really matters to me.

This.

Not gonna respond the WGs blatant attempt to soak up signal stocks.

^^:Smile_great:^^

[INTEL]
Members
1,787 posts
16,634 battles
10 minutes ago, Sovereigndawg said:

Like WG is going to nerf their new Money Maker. They nerf scenarios, I put on more signals and still can't get what I would get before. Lesta did accomplish one thing with this nerf, they got me to stop spending money on this game. If they retract the scenario base XP nerf, I will start spending again. I figure that I won't be spending again.

They got me to stop spending with the PR fiasco. I took a +3 month break from the game allowing 80 some days of prem time to go to waste. I'm not doing their grinds, I'm not spending my $$. I'll play a few matches a week FTP with my clan and thats it.

• Cool 2

[-K-]
Members
8,491 posts
14,901 battles
41 minutes ago, YouSatInGum said:

I don't think WG minds too much when you "spend" a bunch of dragon flags.

I wonder if Yamamoto would be happy that his "crates" are so popular.

Just another push to get everyone to T10 faster.

• Cool 1

[INTEL]
Members
3,474 posts
20,556 battles
20 minutes ago, SKurj said:

what would you nerf?  the ability to mount so many?  or the bonus each provides? the numbers that are handed out to long time players?

as a newer player I rarely run the economy signals, let alone any specials or combat signals...  i simply don't have a ton of them and figure I may as well hang onto them until higher tiers (currently playing T4-T7)

*I* wouldn't nerf anything.  WG has said that supply has resulted in inflation and therefore new FXP are going up in price significantly.  Now that special signals are only available in Random Bundles, players will need to spend doubloons to grab them.  The enticement will be the FXP, Credits and Commander XP payouts that we once saw in Operations.  

42 minutes ago, Old_Baldy_One said:

There are less than 8 flags that increase ship xp....so the math says it could have taken you 18 games before also.  This way though you just got the other benefits as well.

This 'experiment' served a couple of purposes.   I have a stash accumulated over the past few years and I wanted to see what's possible with the change to the number of signals in this patch.  I have also been sitting on the Mogador for quite awhile and the release of the Marceau has me on the fence as to whether or not to I want to pick it.  So, I decided to get the Kleber to see if that would keep me satisfied without having to buy the Marceau.  The signals made it easy and the 18 I burned of each special signal didn't make a big dent in my supply.  It did have the additional benefit up leveling up the commander and helped to get through several of the stars in the 'Strong-Willed' campaign.  That's generally what I use these signals for anyway.  It gets me through the directives and tasks pretty quickly.

[DRFTR]
Beta Testers
4,648 posts

Sounds like too bad so sad for the new players while long time random players have been taking advantage of signals in randoms and the collecting of massive quantities of signals... all at weegee's encouragement...  All too often the lack of foresight bites em.

So players spend lots of money and time.. for things to speed up the grind, weegee then raises prices for both the endgoal of the 'grind' and the items players were buying to achieve those goals quicker? and then use the justification of inflation?

Sounds like an attempt to raise the bottom line to me..

(Hello ops?)

• Cool 1

[ROCKR]
Members
366 posts
15,654 battles
2 hours ago, Nolo_00 said:

I know it certainly wasn't this guy.

1ocvrb.jpg

"We need to talk about your flags..."

• Funny 1

[T_O_P]
Members
650 posts
2 hours ago, HorrorRoach said:

everytime i mount all the special signals, i lose. sometimes i wonder if they have something that recognizes it and puts you on the weak team.

I noticed the same exact thing! every time it becomes a waste :Smile_facepalm: (with a rare exception) on the contrary when i use only standard econ flags  things go much much better.

Edited by RusskiySpy

[CAST]
[CAST]
Members
2,785 posts
11,439 battles

Those with lots of economic flags can spend them faster now, but they will use them up faster as well.  I think that is what WG wants.  As players use them, they will run out and need to purchase them.  It is a long play to make cash.

• Cool 1

[O7]
Members
1,520 posts
12,125 battles

let us get a few weeks of clan battles in before asking for it to be removed pls im looking at working on 10m commander xp and 10m free xp.

[PSP]
[PSP]
Members
15,734 posts

As a game matures, more players want to play at the highest levels. In another franchise that I played, the developers finally gave everyone the ability to instantly go to the highest levels for team play rather than having to grind up to them. However, that wasn't a play-for-free model game.

In this game there needs to be revenue accrued from those who wish to avoid the grind. For some, they do it by purchasing Premium ships. However, others want to go up the tech trees. The ability to purchase and mount more economic signals while also being able to mount battle signals helps both them and WG.

Edited by Snargfargle

[GWG]
[GWG]
Alpha Tester
28,473 posts
14,971 battles
27 minutes ago, Murcc said:

Those with lots of economic flags can spend them faster now, but they will use them up faster as well.  I think that is what WG wants.  As players use them, they will run out and need to purchase them.  It is a long play to make cash.

This ^