You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
Y_Nagato

Pronostic on the next clan battle season meta?

11 comments in this topic

[PISD]
Members
941 posts
4,691 battles

With the introduction of the « BB or CV » we may well see a change in the meta, moving for ships with better AA and probably more CL/ less DD than before. Will CV team be that much more dominant than BB team? Will we see more Worcester/ Minotaur?

my guess is that we will move to a 1 dd per team, the other DD being replace by a stealthy CL with good AA (Worcester, Minotaur, Smolensk) in order to add to the group AA while being also able to sail with an other CA to contest an other cap.

so what do you think?

[KWF]
Members
3,923 posts
5,894 battles

I wonder how a team with only Halland and the occasional Smalland would fare; should counter a CV if in groups, would make smoke a deathtrap due to torpedo spam and pose a reasonable threat to the BB with all the flooding and potential fires.

Not a CB player by far, but for some reason this feels oddly intriguing :cap_haloween:.

[IXM]
Members
1,027 posts

From what I hear from people who are good players, it's basically going to be some combo of CV + Stalingrads, maybe a Des Memes or something thrown in too. That's going to be it, very little variation on that. The good clans have at least 1-2 decent CV players, anyone bringing a BB will be food.

Edited by Vector03

[PISD]
Members
941 posts
4,691 battles
57 minutes ago, Vector03 said:

From what I hear from people who are good players, it's basically going to be some combo of CV + Stalingrads, maybe a Des Memes or something thrown in too. That's going to be it, very little variation on that. The good clans have at least 1-2 decent CV players, anyone bringing a BB will be food.

Stalingrad do not have great AA and tends to be better at static game play, something Hakuryu counter quite well. She is good for sure, but I wonder how good she will be. Puerto Rico is probably a better substitute for BB, but more hard to get for sure.

As for the CV vs BB, I would say that it depends greatly of map size. and how the cap are placed. I would not discard BB depending how the meta is going and how your team is build to be honest.

[JEDI-]
Members
68 posts
5,247 battles

In order of 1 to 3 which CV is going to be the most sought after for this season of Clan Battles?

[-KIA-]
Members
865 posts
4,943 battles
6 hours ago, Woody051 said:

In order of 1 to 3 which CV is going to be the most sought after for this season of Clan Battles?

Hak, Midway and Aud

[-KIA-]
Members
865 posts
4,943 battles
14 hours ago, Y_Nagato said:

With the introduction of the « BB or CV » we may well see a change in the meta, moving for ships with better AA and probably more CL/ less DD than before. Will CV team be that much more dominant than BB team? Will we see more Worcester/ Minotaur?

my guess is that we will move to a 1 dd per team, the other DD being replace by a stealthy CL with good AA (Worcester, Minotaur, Smolensk) in order to add to the group AA while being also able to sail with an other CA to contest an other cap.

so what do you think?

For sure, the smart teams will take a CV. We will also be seeing more AA ships as well.

[DOG]
Members
6 posts
15,370 battles
On 4/12/2020 at 8:59 AM, Y_Nagato said:

so what do you think?

I sucks big time - clan has no good cv driver and lost every battle against cvs

[DOG]
Members
6 posts
15,370 battles
On 4/12/2020 at 9:19 AM, warheart1992 said:

I wonder how a team with only Halland and the occasional Smalland would fare; should counter a CV if in groups, would make smoke a deathtrap due to torpedo spam and pose a reasonable threat to the BB with all the flooding and potential fires.

Not a CB player by far, but for some reason this feels oddly intriguing :cap_haloween:.

They get slaughtered - cv spots them continuosly

[SEAKT]
[SEAKT]
Members
25 posts
5,306 battles

After a few rounds of CB, our clan has encountered 3 CV but still the heavy radar ship presence. 

As for the Halland, when focused by HE spam it seems to melt and be a non factor...

Members
14 posts
356 battles

Maybe its just me but I dont see CV as very playable.. Granted I havent played much since 2016, even with the new mechanics they are a hassle. On the PTS I have ran a Midway fully upgraded and all - and I mean all - my planes get roasted from a DD and BB before they even get to drop a torp or shell... MAybe I am missing something but they just seem to be a little on the clunky side.