Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Severed42

Suggestion : Pre Battle Team Display Hide Enemy Team Ship Type - Only Show Number Of Ship Class Type

5 comments in this topic

[D4RK]
Members
96 posts
15,777 battles

Been meaning to suggest this for a couple months now, and to be up front, I honestly didnt search to see if it had already been.

Like the title says, the battle loading screen should mask the actual ship silhouette so only showing the generic ship type icon's. We will still see the number of each BB, Cruiser, DD etc, but each team will not know what each actual ship type will be until they are spotted. I would have to say that the enemy team;s player names also be hidden, so no opportunity for anyone to recognize a player name and correctly guess or know what ship that player would have. (for example, recognized player is known to only own one tier X ship, and it is the Kremlin.

I believe this could be one of the easier tweaks you could make to the game that would greatly enhance the game.  I have not spent very much time thinking on the whole thing, so I am sure there are plenty of situations I have not considered that might cause conflict or that people might not like. This is as far as I thought it through, seems like the first part of battle would have an element of excitement that is just not there currently.. I leave it to you all from here :)

• Cool 1
  • Boring 2

[CK5]
Members
1,596 posts
16,305 battles

So under your proposal, DD's would have no chance to determine number and type of radar ships on the red team.  Why not just kill all DD's at the start of the match?

• Cool 1

Members
3,792 posts
23,987 battles

So as a DD main you would be okay going to cap not knowing if there is any radar in the game?

Seems pretty silly to take away the only battle intel you have before play starts.

• Funny 1

[TF-68]
Members
34 posts
8,370 battles

This is a great suggestion adds more suspense and dynamic to the game. Keeps players on their toes and will add some excitement to the game. It seems that people complaining don't want to have a challenge they want to pre determine everything. Also maybe make it a feature that happens at random. Not every match but a % that you might get this mode.

Edited by FearTheBeef
  • Cool 1
  • Boring 1

[D4RK]
Members
96 posts
15,777 battles
1 hour ago, PrairiePlayer said:

So under your proposal, DD's would have no chance to determine number and type of radar ships on the red team.  Why not just kill all DD's at the start of the match?

Yes.
No, that would be counter productive.

37 minutes ago, 1SneakyDevil said:

So as a DD main you would be okay going to cap not knowing if there is any radar in the game?

Seems pretty silly to take away the only battle intel you have before play starts.

I am a DD main, for most part and hadnt thought about it. Thinking about it, yes I would.  There is no real reason we should know exact ships before they are spotted in my opinion..  beyond the generic BB, DD tags.
It is not taking away the only intel, as it would still display the generic BB icon and the others in place of the true ship silhouette that shows now.

18 minutes ago, FearTheBeef said:

This is a great suggestion adds more suspense and dynamic to the game. Keeps players on their toes and will add some excitement to the game. It seems that people complaining don't want to have a challenge they want to pre determine everything. Also maybe make it a feature that happens at random. Not every match but a % that you might get this mode.

Thanks, I feel the same way. :)

• Cool 1
  • Boring 2

Sign in to follow this