Jump to content
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
ObnoxiousPotato

Another Fine Example of WG Balans Logic

80 comments in this topic

Recommended Posts

Members
597 posts
30,289 battles

This ship is still a WiP, but it seems like WG is "balans logic challenged", or are they intentionally making decisions to cause controversy?:Smile_facepalm:

image.png.7bd8e7678500e6ba4f6579b0320e441b.png

Just compare this ship with other T8 cruisers and I think you'll get my point.

  • Cool 4
  • Boring 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
354
[RVNHQ]
Members
485 posts
12,899 battles

Finally something to counter that overperforming Odin.

  • Cool 2
  • Funny 8

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7,371
[SOUP]
Members
9,174 posts

This is part of the reason Weegee is locking down harder on info about ships in testing, people see something and then panic despite there still being a very real chance at it being changed.
I'm frankly surprised that [SHIPNAME] has flown under the radar so far, despite it being an absolute beast against nearly every ship type

  • Cool 1
  • Boring 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
256
[FG]
Members
566 posts
4,995 battles
10 minutes ago, Beleaf_ said:

Finally something to counter that overperforming Odin.

Thank god. Was worried she would just dominate when released. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
597 posts
30,289 battles
7 minutes ago, Chobittsu said:

This is part of the reason Weegee is locking down harder on info about ships in testing

Yep... it is really sad when a company can't respond with a logical argument instead of silencing all dissenters.  Sad to see.  Did have some hope that WG would turn things around.

  • Cool 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4,261
[HINON]
Members
9,242 posts
13,933 battles
14 minutes ago, Chobittsu said:

I'm frankly surprised that [SHIPNAME] has flown under the radar so far, despite it being an absolute beast against nearly every ship type

ah yes, the secret ship, Dat Boi, the first ship to be named after a meme

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7,371
[SOUP]
Members
9,174 posts
6 minutes ago, ObnoxiousPotato said:

Yep... it is really sad when a company can't respond with a logical argument instead of silencing all dissenters.  Sad to see.  Did have some hope that WG would turn things around.

It's not entirely Weegee's fault, they've been backed into a corner by the userbase on this one. They simply chose the course of action that halts issues before they arise. They end up looking like the villain for it, but the information on the new ships is freely available to STs and CCs, we just can't discuss it in a public setting anymore simply because it's hard for us to give constructive feedback when everyone is screaming and flailing around because [SHIPNAME] has [ARMOURSTAT] and [CONSUMABLENAME].
Same goes for subs, I could tell you alllllll about them, give tons of info about what's been going on, but aside from the usual NDAs, having a lot of info about a new feature would create the problem of people wildly speculating about what it'll do to the game which nothing about it is really set in stone yet. What's tested on a ship or sub right now may not be there next week

3 minutes ago, tcbaker777 said:

ah yes, the secret ship, Dat Boi, the first ship to be named after a meme

Yea I've been having a lot of fun with it, I hope it's released as-is cause it'll just absolutely troll EVERYTHING.

 

  • Funny 1
  • Boring 7

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2,066
[RKLES]
[RKLES]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
6,887 posts
24,744 battles
1 hour ago, ObnoxiousPotato said:

This ship is still a WiP, but it seems like WG is "balans logic challenged", or are they intentionally making decisions to cause controversy?:Smile_facepalm:

image.png.7bd8e7678500e6ba4f6579b0320e441b.png

Just compare this ship with other T8 cruisers and I think you'll get my point.

Please don't nerf, I need this ship....

Of all the recent premiums tested, I need a good one seeing as all the Germans got nerfed to the ground.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2,109
-Members-
5,295 posts
8,554 battles

It could do without the heal, and the range might be a bit much....but...other than that what exactly am I supposed to be looking at?  

 

The tiny ice breaker doesn't change the fact it's covered in 25mm plating with poor rear turret angles, has fairly poor HE DPM and fire starting on top of needing IFHE.  The AP is very strong...but the Baltimore has better AP alpha, with superior auto bounce angles, a quicker reload and fairly comparable pen (actually better at close range).  I'm not saying the ship is necessarily balanced...it's still WiP after all.....but it's way too early to be freaking out about it.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4,119
[TARK]
Members
7,331 posts
3,404 battles
2 hours ago, Chobittsu said:

It's not entirely Weegee's fault, they've been backed into a corner by the userbase on this one. They simply chose the course of action that halts issues before they arise. They end up looking like the villain for it, but the information on the new ships is freely available to STs and CCs, we just can't discuss it in a public setting anymore simply because it's hard for us to give constructive feedback when everyone is screaming and flailing around because [SHIPNAME] has [ARMOURSTAT] and [CONSUMABLENAME].
Same goes for subs, I could tell you alllllll about them, give tons of info about what's been going on, but aside from the usual NDAs, having a lot of info about a new feature would create the problem of people wildly speculating about what it'll do to the game which nothing about it is really set in stone yet. What's tested on a ship or sub right now may not be there next week

Yea I've been having a lot of fun with it, I hope it's released as-is cause it'll just absolutely troll EVERYTHING.

 

So WG releasing data directly to the public is going to change things?

They really think that 25kt aerial torpedoes are going to be thought ok because they muzzled all the CCs?

:cap_haloween:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
616
[BOTO]
Members
1,475 posts
19,048 battles
5 hours ago, ObnoxiousPotato said:

This ship is still a WiP, but it seems like WG is "balans logic challenged", or are they intentionally making decisions to cause controversy?:Smile_facepalm:

image.png.7bd8e7678500e6ba4f6579b0320e441b.png

Just compare this ship with other T8 cruisers and I think you'll get my point.

If I would have known this would be a premium ship I wouldn't have bought the Mainz.  If it doesn't get nerfed from it's current state then Bagration will clearly be the strongest cruiser at Tier 8.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3,613
[WKY19]
Beta Testers
2,354 posts
15,488 battles
3 hours ago, Daniel_Allan_Clark said:

So WG releasing data directly to the public is going to change things?

They really think that 25kt aerial torpedoes are going to be thought ok because they muzzled all the CCs?

:cap_haloween:

Wait what? Is that the torpedo speed for the KM CVs? That's obscenely slow. Going to need massive lead time to hit anything.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2,109
-Members-
5,295 posts
8,554 battles
6 hours ago, Aaron_S_Merrill said:

If I would have known this would be a premium ship I wouldn't have bought the Mainz.  If it doesn't get nerfed from it's current state then Bagration will clearly be the strongest cruiser at Tier 8.

Depends on how you value the strength of a cruiser.  The Bagration's HE is quite poor, especially against BBs, which also limits its ability to to fight DDs and angled cruisers.  The AP is good....but still within the realm of normal Tier 8 heavy cruiser AP...meaning it won't be citadling many BBs any time soon.  The Mainz is far superior at burning down BBs and kiting other cruisers....and IMO performs significantly better when bottom tier as a result.  

 

The Bagration only performs exceptionally well against broadside cruisers....which is certainly useful....but also highly situational.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
597 posts
30,289 battles
17 minutes ago, Thirsty13_CCW said:

can you elaborate on the new rules prohibiting discussions of balance or calling WG out that you mention in the video?

If WG is going to keep the ships under-wrap until just before being released, most of the feedback they are going to get during the testing will be more likely from those that are heavily invested in keeping WG happy.  It's not like WG is literally silencing people, its just that there are so few CCs (that I've seen) which appear to give good accurate feedback.  i.e., Have you seen the player quality in games lately?  Everyone happy with the direction the game is going?  Why are so many long-time players no longer playing? (hint: they don't like the direction the game is going)

I could see keeping a "lid on things" during the initial testing of a new ship, but WG will get a whole lot more useful feedback by keeping it as open as possible and not rely on people that "hold their punches".

So, in effect, they are silencing dissenters by not even giving them a chance to voice their opinions (or at least that seems to be what WG is trying to do).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,031
[IXM]
Members
1,060 posts

Just look what WG has done to the new German ships about to come out, and to the Russian ships about to come out, form your own conclusion.

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2,109
-Members-
5,295 posts
8,554 battles
1 hour ago, Vector03 said:

Just look what WG has done to the new German ships about to come out, and to the Russian ships about to come out, form your own conclusion.

The Mainz is fantastic.  All the Russian ships are still WiP.

Edited by yashma
  • Funny 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7,030
[WOLFG]
Members
34,394 posts
10,703 battles

 

11 hours ago, Daniel_Allan_Clark said:

They really think that 25kt aerial torpedoes are going to be thought ok because they muzzled all the CCs?

:cap_haloween:

I don't know, and neither do you. Maybe they're testing to see if slow torps are viable, and aren't sure yet themselves. There's all kinds of "what ifs" that we would like to try, WG can do just that.

If they do think 25 knot torpedoes are viable, then there'll be 25 knot torpedoes, regardless of whether CCs cry foul from the bell towers or not. We complain about everything, why would they put much stock in our feedback anyway?

Edited by Skpstr

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Retired WoWS Community Contributors
12,949 posts
11,264 battles
2 hours ago, ObnoxiousPotato said:

If WG is going to keep the ships under-wrap until just before being released, most of the feedback they are going to get during the testing will be more likely from those that are heavily invested in keeping WG happy

Do you really, SERIOUSLY think that your favourite testers (whomever you see as the paragon of keeping WG honest) are keeping quiet in feedback channels?  There's a real disconnect with how some people think testing works...

  • Cool 2
  • Funny 1
  • Boring 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Banned
627 posts
2 hours ago, ObnoxiousPotato said:

If WG is going to keep the ships under-wrap until just before being released, most of the feedback they are going to get during the testing will be more likely from those that are heavily invested in keeping WG happy.  It's not like WG is literally silencing people, its just that there are so few CCs (that I've seen) which appear to give good accurate feedback.  i.e., Have you seen the player quality in games lately?  Everyone happy with the direction the game is going?  Why are so many long-time players no longer playing? (hint: they don't like the direction the game is going)

I could see keeping a "lid on things" during the initial testing of a new ship, but WG will get a whole lot more useful feedback by keeping it as open as possible and not rely on people that "hold their punches".

So, in effect, they are silencing dissenters by not even giving them a chance to voice their opinions (or at least that seems to be what WG is trying to do).

tenor.gif

Wargaming made this change to stop people like Flamu from overblowing things and causing negative reactions based on early testing, something many people have complained about. 

Besides something like this will make a fiasco like the PR less likely to happen. 

Do you honestly think this is silencing? Dude, seriously 

tenor.gif

This is definitely NOT silencing, this is to stop CCs and the community from jumping to conclusions based on early testing, which has become a big problem as of late (I've been at fault about it as well). 

  • Cool 1
  • Boring 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
2,873 posts
94 battles
9 minutes ago, LittleWhiteMouse said:

Do you really, SERIOUSLY think that your favourite testers (whomever you see as the paragon of keeping WG honest) are keeping quiet in feedback channels?  There's a real disconnect with how some people think testing works...

Because the playerbase has no access to those feedback channels and haven't seen the things only WG, the CCs and testers see. Since they havent seen those,they dont believe it.

It's the "seeing is believing" idea. Because they haven't seen it, they'll believe whatever popular idea is there. And the popular idea happens to be the "WG dictatorship" everyone is believing.

Edited by RyuuohD_NA
  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Retired WoWS Community Contributors
12,949 posts
11,264 battles
2 minutes ago, RyuuohD_NA said:

Because the playerbase has no access to those feedback channels and haven't seen the things only WG, the CCs and testers see. Since they havent seen those,they dont believe it.

It's the "seeing is believing" idea. Because they haven't seen it, they'll believe whatever popular idea is there. And the popular idea happens to be the "WG dictatorship" everyone is believing.

I can grasp that -- what boggles my mind is how they think that the only feedback Community Contributors deliver is through the content they make.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Beta Testers
3,497 posts
6,958 battles

I've had to swear off keeping up to date with everything.  I just wait till I see the new ships in battle and see how quickly I die to them in game.

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Banned
627 posts
2 minutes ago, LittleWhiteMouse said:

I can grasp that -- what boggles my mind is how they think that the only feedback Community Contributors deliver is through the content they make.

To quote Ryuuho

5 minutes ago, RyuuohD_NA said:

It's the "seeing is believing" idea. Because they haven't seen it, they'll believe whatever popular idea is there. And the popular idea happens to be the "WG dictatorship" everyone is believing.

People don't see the other side, so they think it dosen't exist, especially in the modern day.

Edited by Neko_Ship_Akashi

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×