LupusMalum

Another pissy Rant, from me.

30 comments in this topic

[WNNR]
[WNNR]
Members
437 posts
19,763 battles

Well if the WG was based in the South Pole,  penguins (My bad Polar Bears live at the North pole, ty cthuhulu) would rule the waves. With the incoming Russian CL line, you can be sure that this line will be as fairly balanced as the Russian BB line. Do you know what really grinds my gear? That 70 % ( In my opinion )of all new lines, come out gimped in some way, but Russian lines come out vastly OP.  And begrudgingly get some pointless nerf( slight nerf of the AA gun mount health) While other ships that are non-Russian get the equivalent of a heroin overdose when it comes to nerfs (Kleber's knee jerk 3 nerfs to its Concealment, Torp Detection, and Air Detection at one time). Or the ships that are introduced for coal get low effort (Marceau created by simply removing the original guns, switching out the gun mounts with an inferior example and given back the pre-nerf concealment while simultaneous stripping the saturation mechanic of the original DD line).  But what really is going to take the cake is the introduction of the new Russian CL line. I will let the video speak for itself. But also due to a change in review policy and a big F to consumer protection. Videos like the one included in this rant. Will no longer be allowed by WG.

PS - to the Boatlickers and enablers of crap, please make your excuses for this practice entertaining. Maybe talk about the "spreadsheet"  or include some stat shaming.

GG.png

Edited by LupusMalum
  • Boring 4

[O_O]
Members
7,158 posts
18,012 battles
1 minute ago, LupusMalum said:

PS - to the Boatlickers and enablers of crap

:Smile_facepalm:  You should seriously consider dropping this 'signature line'.  I can only remember one other player with a 'signature line' ("I'm a player with professionalism and integrity" :Smile_facepalm::Smile_facepalm:), and his quest for fame was short lived and unsuccessful.  He became a joke.  Now he's just a gone joke.

• Cool 2
  • Boring 2

[BEARS]
In AlfaTesters
392 posts
6,657 battles

The guys ‘still’ playing this game have bought into the rage mechanics whole heartedly.    This is part of that.  You coming into the forums, ‘raging’ about bias

Its all part of the ‘game’.  To keep you engaged.  It keeps people so focused and enraged about either CV, Radar, Subs or Russian bias that they don’t realize they’re alternatives.  Rng, dispersion, sigma and hidden stats.  Its a pretty easy bread crumb trail to follow.  Yet so many are blind to it.  Spend money and encourage it.

If you have had your ‘awakening’ , I suggest either accepting it for what it is (rage arcade game) or take a break.  I wouldn’t recommend you just make yourself forum content.

Just my humble opinion.

[SGSS]
Members
6,294 posts

Why does a light crusier have 18 range? Why are there sheep so dame fast.

Its not a dam light crusier its a another Russian !:@# ship

[WNNR]
[WNNR]
Members
437 posts
19,763 battles
16 minutes ago, Theodin said:

The guys ‘still’ playing this game have bought into the rage mechanics whole heartedly.    This is part of that.  You coming into the forums, ‘raging’ about bias

Its all part of the ‘game’.  To keep you engaged.  It keeps people so focused and enraged about either CV, Radar, Subs or Russian bias that they don’t realize they’re alternatives.  Rng, dispersion, sigma and hidden stats.  Its a pretty easy bread crumb trail to follow.  Yet so many are blind to it.  Spend money and encourage it.

If you have had your ‘awakening’ , I suggest either accepting it for what it is (rage arcade game) or take a break.  I wouldn’t recommend you just make yourself forum content.

Just my humble opinion.

Thank you for your input, I will file it in the right place.

[USMC-]
Members
384 posts
9,764 battles

Polar bears are at the North Pole. Maybe you meant penguins?

• Cool 1
  • Funny 1

[BOTO]
Members
1,473 posts
18,998 battles
53 minutes ago, LupusMalum said:

Well if the WG was based in the South Pole, Polar Bears would rule the waves. With the incoming Russian CL line, you can be sure that this line will be as fairly balanced as the Russian BB line. Do you know what really grinds my gear? That 70 % ( In my opinion )of all new lines, come out gimped in some way, but Russian lines come out vastly OP.  And begrudgingly get some pointless nerf( slight nerf of the AA gun mount health) While other ships that are non-Russian get the equivalent of a heroin overdose when it comes to nerfs (Kleber's knee jerk 3 nerfs to its Concealment, Torp Detection, and Air Detection at one time). Or the ships that are introduced for coal get low effort (Marceau created by simply removing the original guns, switching out the gun mounts with an inferior example and given back the pre-nerf concealment while simultaneous stripping the saturation mechanic of the original DD line).  But what really is going to take the cake is the introduction of the new Russian CL line. I will let the video speak for itself. But also due to a change in review policy and a big F to consumer protection. Videos like the one included in this rant. Will no longer be allowed by WG.

PS - to the Boatlickers and enablers of crap, please make your excuses for this practice entertaining. Maybe talk about the "spreadsheet"  or include some stat shaming.

GG.png

Reading between the lines, this sounds typical of a lot of posts I see:

"If you don't agree with me 100% then you're wrong and I'm not going to listen."

Maybe my interpretation is incorrect but that's how it comes across............

[WNNR]
[WNNR]
Members
437 posts
19,763 battles
3 minutes ago, cthuhulu said:

Polar bears are at the North Pole. Maybe you meant penguins?

Thank you, I will correct my error.

[O7]
Members
1,520 posts
12,123 battles

despite his rambling it is a very very strong ship comparably to other tier 8 cruisers, definitely could use some toning down like removing the heal, ap pen values, range.

[WNNR]
[WNNR]
Members
437 posts
19,763 battles
6 minutes ago, Aaron_S_Merrill said:

Reading between the lines, this sounds typical of a lot of posts I see:

"If you don't agree with me 100% then you're wrong and I'm not going to listen."

Maybe my interpretation is incorrect but that's how it comes across............

I am always willing to listen. 

• Boring 1

[KIA-C]
Members
3,827 posts
16,937 battles
57 minutes ago, LupusMalum said:

That 70 % ( In my opinion )of all new lines, come out gimped in some way, but Russian lines come out vastly OP. 

Venezia and Brindisi are OP yet no one really complain about them.

EU DD look strong, I'm looking forward to play Halland.

Marceau is a strong competitor to Kléber.

The only meh line WG has released recently is the RN CA line. Petra and Nevsky are far from being the so called OP ship every claim. Moksva right now have enough pen to do what Petra can do, Worcester is a much better CL when it comes to DPM compared to Nevsky but everyone is fine with it.

As for Pyotr, her concealment and heal makes her a bit too strong yes but other than that, I don't think that ship is too OP. That ship doesn't need to have a heal and that concealment.

[WNNR]
[WNNR]
Members
437 posts
19,763 battles
1 minute ago, AlcatrazNC said:

The only meh line WG has released recently is the RN CA line. Petra and Nevsky are far from being the so called OP ship every claim. Moksva right now have enough pen to do what Petra can do, Worcester is a much better CL when it comes to DPM compared to Nevsky but everyone is fine with it.

As for Pyotr, her concealment and heal makes her a bit too strong yes but other than that, I don't think that ship is too OP. That ship doesn't need to have a heal and that concealment.

Venezia is not OP, it is balanced by having the longest reload of any CA.

Marceau is not a competitor to Kleber. A Kleber  will eat a Marceau alive over 10km

• Boring 1

[BOMBL]
Members
1,243 posts
17,164 battles
11 minutes ago, ITZ_ACE_BABY said:

despite his rambling it is a very very strong ship comparably to other tier 8 cruisers, definitely could use some toning down like removing the heal, ap pen values, range.

Correct me if wrong but what stats I have seen on t8 Talin is a very slightly needed Dimtri Don. That’s a good t9 cruiser. Moving a replica to t8 would be very strong

[SGSS]
Members
6,294 posts
11 minutes ago, AlcatrazNC said:

Itialian ships are hardly op try firing on a Russian BB you might as well yell at them.

• Boring 1

[O7]
Members
1,520 posts
12,123 battles
Just now, wstugamd said:

Correct me if wrong but what stats I have seen on t8 Talin is a very slightly needed Dimtri Don. That’s a good t9 cruiser. Moving a replica to t8 would be very strong

i havent seen any footage of other new ships, i just naturally know wargamings incompetent balancing team are going to make clowns of themselves every new update so no need to research new ships.

[KIA-C]
Members
3,827 posts
16,937 battles

Venezia is not OP, it is balanced by having the longest reload of any CA.

Yeah sure.

A ship with 40mm ice breaker armour that goes all the way from the bow to the stern that conveniently prevent some bow or rear citadel, while sailing at almost 40kts with speed flags, while having really good turning circle for a ship of this size, also able to maintain a decent speed that has access to a smoke giving you the opportunity to either safely push or just safely disengage is totally not broken.

Did I also mention SAP that is able to casually land 10-12k on angled BB ? 

Marceau is not a competitor to Kleber. A Kleber  will eat a Marceau alive over 10km

Marceau is overall a better fire starter than Kléber and can easily destroy a DD thanks to her DPM. 

Kléber is easier to use but in DD vs DD fight Marceau is overall better.

[A-D-F]
Members
1,328 posts
13,086 battles

So WeeGee is getting ready to sell another russian Mary -Sue bote? (Not sure what the proper cultural idiomatic would be) 

<Yawn>

It's their stage, if they want to parade across it while self-flagellating, so be it.

[WNNR]
[WNNR]
Members
437 posts
19,763 battles
25 minutes ago, AlcatrazNC said:

Yeah sure.

A ship with 40mm ice breaker armour that goes all the way from the bow to the stern that conveniently prevent some bow or rear citadel, while sailing at almost 40kts with speed flags, while having really good turning circle for a ship of this size, also able to maintain a decent speed that has access to a smoke giving you the opportunity to either safely push or just safely disengage is totally not broken.

Did I also mention SAP that is able to casually land 10-12k on angled BB ? 

Marceau is overall a better fire starter than Kléber and can easily destroy a DD thanks to her DPM. 

Kléber is easier to use but in DD vs DD fight Marceau is overall better.

20 sec reload is a very strong balance for a CA

A Marceau could never beat a Kleber over 10 KM, but a Kleber has a chance to kill a Marceau under 10km. And fire is a DOT, Alpha damage and penetration will beat fire any day.  

Edited by LupusMalum

[FOXEH]
Banned
14,364 posts
21,597 battles

Why would anyone ever say there was Russian Bias in this game?

[KIA-C]
Members
3,827 posts
16,937 battles
32 minutes ago, jags_domain said:

Itialian ships are hardly op try firing on a Russian BB you might as well yell at them.

The superstructure on soviet BB is enough to farm some consistent damage, enough to force the player to turn their guns and deal with you

• Cool 1
  • Boring 1

[KIA-C]
Members
3,827 posts
16,937 battles
Just now, LupusMalum said:

A Marceau could never beat a Kleber over 10 KM, but a Kleber has a chance to kill a Marceau under 10km. And fire is a DOT, Alpha damage and penetration will beat fire any day.  

If you try to beat a Kléber who's 10km away or more and get destroyed, it's not because the ship is bad but because you're dumb enough to pick a long range fight when you can just close the distance and have the opening volley.

[WNNR]
[WNNR]
Members
437 posts
19,763 battles
2 minutes ago, AlcatrazNC said:

If you try to beat a Kléber who's 10km away or more and get destroyed, it's not because the ship is bad but because you're dumb enough to pick a long range fight when you can just close the distance and have the opening volley.

My point is that it is a 100% certainty that a Kleber will win at range. In close quarters the Kleber still has a 50/50 chance.

[KIA-C]
Members
3,827 posts
16,937 battles
2 minutes ago, LupusMalum said:

My point is that it is a 100% certainty that a Kleber will win at range. In close quarters the Kleber still has a 50/50 chance.

Well yes but that doesn't make Marceau less stronger than Kléber at all.

Marceau remains a strong competitor to Kléber.

[SGSS]
Members
6,294 posts
24 minutes ago, AlcatrazNC said:

The superstructure on soviet BB is enough to farm some consistent damage, enough to force the player to turn their guns and deal with you

What super? Most of them has none.