You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
HeidiAngel

Worried about being Uptiered

16 comments in this topic

[187]
Members
462 posts
2,354 battles

Was really worried when at the start of the game I saw I was in a tier 7 match with a tier 5 German cruiser. Scared even. I thought, oh no here comes a detonation, lol. Then a thought that one you in the Forum here put in my head kind of popped up like a light bulb above my head. It said, Use you ships strengths and try as best you can to hide it's vulnerabilities. My range is 16.5 and the guns are pretty accurate so I lay back and let the High Explosive shells fly at anything in range. I kept turning zig and zag and zag and zig till I got dizzy! I set 13 Fires! Those fires killed 2 ships and I got a decent score. Next game in her I won't worry so much. That was fun! Hope you all safe and healthy out there!

Screenshot (130).png

Screenshot (131).png

Edited by HeidiAngel
Mistake
  • Cool 6
  • Boring 1

[NG-NL]
Members
6,610 posts
10,993 battles

Much better than the "stop uptiering me" threads where we offer plenty of cheese to go with that whine :Smile_teethhappy:

• Cool 2

[187]
Members
462 posts
2,354 battles
2 minutes ago, Reymu said:

Much better than the "stop uptiering me" threads where we offer plenty of cheese to go with that whine :Smile_teethhappy:

Lol!:crab:

[TDR]
[TDR]
Members
1,336 posts
14,167 battles

If you can play to the strengths and survive early game, being uptiered is an awesome xp hail! I won’t pretend to love it, but I don’t mind either, all part of the game. GG there OP

• Cool 2

[187]
Members
462 posts
2,354 battles
2 minutes ago, ditka_Fatdog said:

If you can play to the strengths and survive early game, being uptiered is an awesome xp hail! I won’t pretend to love it, but I don’t mind either, all part of the game. GG there OP

Thank you Sir.

[RLGN]
Members
16,809 posts
29,440 battles

Konigsburg is gud bote.

Uptiered, but beat out every single T7 and scored first on the wining team last time I took her out for NB.

[WOLF8]
Members
764 posts
9,795 battles

Königsberg is a fun ship.  I actually enjoy being bottom tier when I play her.  

[FOXEH]
Banned
14,364 posts
21,597 battles
1 hour ago, HeidiAngel said:

Was really worried when at the start of the game I saw I was in a tier 7 match with a tier 5 German cruiser.

It's not the ship; it's the Captain.

[V_V_V]
Members
1,178 posts
18,522 battles

9 minutes ago, Umikami said:

This^.  Google "Defeatist Attitude" and don't let the tier defeat you.

[WPORT]
Members
11,541 posts
15,861 battles
13 minutes ago, Umikami said:

In this instance, we agree.  :-D

3 minutes ago, Charon2018 said:

This^.  Google "Defeatist Attitude" and don't let the tier defeat you.

+1

never-give-up.jpg

[WPORT]
Members
11,541 posts
15,861 battles

Was really worried when at the start of the game I saw I was in a tier 7 match with a tier 5 German cruiser. Scared even. I thought, oh no here comes a detonation, lol. Then a thought that one you in the Forum here put in my head kind of popped up like a light bulb above my head. It said, Use you ships strengths and try as best you can to hide it's vulnerabilities. My range is 16.5 and the guns are pretty accurate so I lay back and let the High Explosive shells fly at anything in range. I kept turning zig and zag and zag and zig till I got dizzy! I set 13 Fires! Those fires killed 2 ships and I got a decent score. Next game in her I won't worry so much. That was fun! Hope you all safe and healthy out there!

Well done.  :-)

• Cool 1

[WOLF3]
[WOLF3]
Members
32,147 posts
26,918 battles

The mid tier German and RN CLs are the ones looking good post-IFHE / Armor changes.

RN CLs got their peculiar AP-only gimmick, so it's business as usual for them.

German Cruisers got the HE Pen Buff from years ago going for them, which affected CL & CA guns.

HE-capable CLs from the other Cruiser Lines in mid tiers are sucking pretty bad after the changes.

RIP Atlanta-class.

[GWG]
[GWG]
Alpha Tester
28,473 posts
14,971 battles

Only third on the team and 1600+ is huge in a tier five. :Smile_honoring:

• Cool 1

Members
3,792 posts
23,987 battles

Congrats, you've learned a very valuable lesson and put it to practice with success. This will help you on your journey up the tiers in many lines.

I'll leave you with this proverb:

"The small fish can make great impact if it doesn't try to play like it's the big fish"

1SneakyDevil April 11, 2020 :Smile_glasses:

[WOLFG]
Members
34,394 posts
10,698 battles
3 hours ago, HeidiAngel said:

My range is 16.5 and the guns are pretty accurate so I lay back and let the High Explosive shells fly at anything in range. 

You should see what happens when you catch a BB looking the wrong way at 10-12km, and you swiss cheese his superstructure with KBerg AP....:cap_rambo: