Jump to content
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Captain_Rawhide

Moskva or wait?

29 comments in this topic

Recommended Posts

759
[WOLFG]
Members
1,191 posts

I have just enough experience on my Donskoi to buy the Moskva.  My feeling is WG is going to make us regrind the Donskoi to buy the new tier X cruiser after the split.  The thought of regrinding the Donskoi is very unappealing.  I have played the Moskva in test and really just didn't care for it.  It's just too much a BB for me.  Even if they made it a premium I'm not sure how much I would play it.  So my questions is this.  Should I just forget the Moskva and buy the new tier X when it comes out with the experience I already have on the Donskoi?  Just curious as to what others might think.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
7,122 posts
23,373 battles
12 minutes ago, Captain_Rawhide said:

.  So my questions is this.  Should I just forget the Moskva and buy the new tier X when it comes out with the experience I already have on the Donskoi?  Just curious as to what others might think.

Everyone has a different financial position. If buying any ship you want at any time is no issue... then screw it....get what you want when you want. I would get it... It's a free tier ten :soon: Premium. 

At a minimum it's and extra 200 Steel at Xmas and a free Super container on WG's Birthday. I am glad I have it, wish I had the patience to play it well.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
265
[WHARF]
Members
515 posts
20,035 battles
7 minutes ago, Captain_Rawhide said:

I have just enough experience on my Donskoi to buy the Moskva.  My feeling is WG is going to make us regrind the Donskoi to buy the new tier X cruiser after the split.  The thought of regrinding the Donskoi is very unappealing.  I have played the Moskva in test and really just didn't care for it.  It's just too much a BB for me.  Even if they made it a premium I'm not sure how much I would play it.  So my questions is this.  Should I just forget the Moskva and buy the new tier X when it comes out with the experience I already have on the Donskoi?  Just curious as to what others might think.

BUY IT...in the past when they have done stuff like this..the old tier becomes whatever..then you get the new tier ship to replace the ship you lost..we just dont know what the new ship will be like..so do you want a tier 10 soviet ship for clans or soviets missions in future..or can you live without it...dont forget things like snowflake events...happy hunting

 

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3,188
[WOLF5]
Supertester
5,236 posts
4,363 battles

Get it now. If you wait you may never be able to get it. Worst case you have a T10 premium you don't play. And I'd be really surprised if WG doesn't give you the other T10 if you have Moskva, that's what they've done in the past.

Also, if you don't like Donskoi, and don't think you'll like Moskva, a) why did you grind the RU line? And b) what makes you think you'll like the new RU CL? If you don't like those two ship I'm afraid the RU line isn't for you.

But definitely get Moskva, if only because there's a chance it may become very hard to get soon.

  • Cool 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
564
[VRR]
[VRR]
Members
1,474 posts

I dropped 20 k fxp on Moskova . Not knowing how she played . I had a very bad first game in her ..then after a bit of tweaking and adjusting . Let me just tell you Battleship Moskava is one heck of a ship.  Once you get the hang of her . It's gloves off,punch you in the face and watch teeth fly kinda punchie.  I recommend it. And I don't have many games in her . Although when you can cit a Montana with her guns its like holy moly .

Anyway go4it you won't be dissapionted.

Cheers . :Smile_honoring:

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2,808
[DEV_X]
[DEV_X]
Alpha Tester
3,392 posts
28,357 battles

Get the Moskva. You never know what may come from owning  a ship that becomes impossible or difficult to acquire. Consider this:

1. Moskva could be buffed in the future and become a much more strong ship in the meta or whatever meta may develop.

2. There may be a compensation for owning it to include things like a personal mission, missions in directives specific to only Moskva, or even a special camo.

3. Moskva might be the perfect ship for certian future campaign missions that other ships have a harder time fulfilling. 

4. Additional steel, coal, or loot containers for a Tier 10 on WoWs Birthday or during snow flake events.

5. Cool points for owning a ship new players cant get. Ok that doesnt count for much but some people get off on that sort of thing.

Always get the ship because when it's gone the only way you might see it is to spend hundreds on the lotter.... loot boxes I mean.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
759
[WOLFG]
Members
1,191 posts
32 minutes ago, AJTP89 said:

Get it now. If you wait you may never be able to get it. Worst case you have a T10 premium you don't play. And I'd be really surprised if WG doesn't give you the other T10 if you have Moskva, that's what they've done in the past.

Also, if you don't like Donskoi, and don't think you'll like Moskva, a) why did you grind the RU line? And b) what makes you think you'll like the new RU CL? If you don't like those two ship I'm afraid the RU line isn't for you.

But definitely get Moskva, if only because there's a chance it may become very hard to get soon.

I really like the Budy, Shchors and Chap.  All of them are keepers for me.  I hate all tier IXs, they are just paywalls.   Moskva is just so slow and plays so differently.  From what I've seen of the new Russian ships, I think I will like the new tier Xs.  

Edited by Captain_Rawhide

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
841
[USN]
Members
1,757 posts
22,029 battles

Get Moskva. It plays very, very differently compared to Donksoi, Chappy, and the other RU cruisers (which is probably 50% of the reasoning in making this RU cruiser split, the other half being "I went to Moscow's secret archives and I found these fancy Soviet cruisers"). Also having Moskva...

1: gives you a free premium that can work for even a RU BB trainer

2: gives you a strong ship for clan battles

3: will have reduced service costs, so credit making at T10 (even in co-op) is very possible.

4: another ship in your port for coal/steel Santa crates/supercontainer/ temporary tokens flakes at certain points of the year.

5: possible directive/campaign requirements that only Moskva can complete

6: 50/50 chance that owning Moskva will get you her replacement (Nevesky) for free. However, prior splits have gone this way (have the old ship, get the new one and its replacement) but this is the first time this has happened at T10, so WG could say "if you have Moskva, you get Nevesky" or "SOL, go grind Donksoi if you want Nevesky."

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
564
[VRR]
[VRR]
Members
1,474 posts
9 minutes ago, Captain_Rawhide said:

I really like the Budy, Shchors and Chap.  All of them are keepers for me.  I hate all tier IXs, they are just paywalls.   Moskva is just so slow and plays so differently.  From what I've seen of the new Russian ships, I think I will like the new tier Xs.  

I think it's more of a BB playstyle. I was bouncing Montana shells at 7 km correctly angled. Budy,Shchors,Lazo and Chapy are fraglie compared to Moskova . Your not indestructible show your side and as with any ship you'll pay for it. She's something of an offshoot but it's a gud boat.

Cheers. :Smile_honoring:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
759
[WOLFG]
Members
1,191 posts
17 minutes ago, tfcas119 said:

 

6: 50/50 chance that owning Moskva will get you her replacement (Nevesky) for free. However, prior splits have gone this way (have the old ship, get the new one and its replacement) but this is the first time this has happened at T10, so WG could say "if you have Moskva, you get Nevesky" or "SOL, go grind Donksoi if you want Nevesky."

I'm almost positive it will be SOL.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
582
[RTXN]
Banned
1,416 posts
1 hour ago, Captain_Rawhide said:

I have just enough experience on my Donskoi to buy the Moskva.  My feeling is WG is going to make us regrind the Donskoi to buy the new tier X cruiser after the split.  The thought of regrinding the Donskoi is very unappealing.  I have played the Moskva in test and really just didn't care for it.  It's just too much a BB for me.  Even if they made it a premium I'm not sure how much I would play it.  So my questions is this.  Should I just forget the Moskva and buy the new tier X when it comes out with the experience I already have on the Donskoi?  Just curious as to what others might think.

Since you feel that way, wait....but be aware that Nevesky could get significantly nerfed from its current state.

You will have to purchase Moskva (if you want) with coal after the split and Moskva goes special.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,423
[-RNG-]
Supertester
3,227 posts
6,204 battles
1 hour ago, Captain_Rawhide said:

My feeling is WG is going to make us regrind the Donskoi to buy the new tier X cruiser after the split.  

The Moskvas replacement? I highly doubt it. I'd wager a million ship xp on it. Plus, Moskva is going to be coal, so youd be saving lots of that too

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
759
[WOLFG]
Members
1,191 posts
6 minutes ago, _BBaby said:

The Moskvas replacement? I highly doubt it. I'd wager a million ship xp on it. Plus, Moskva is going to be coal, so youd be saving lots of that too

So how do I get my million ship xp….:fish_happy:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
415
[TDR]
[TDR]
Members
1,339 posts
14,281 battles

Would agree to but Moskva unless you are in an extreme credit pinch. Even if you don’t add modules til later, or at all. I have Stalingrad so the likelihood I’ll play Moskva other than special events/missions is pretty low. Plus when it becomes “special” I can always share a captain for free 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13,503
[WOLF3]
[WOLF3]
Members
32,260 posts
27,029 battles
3 hours ago, Wye_So_Serious said:

Get the Moskva now, no question about it.

Yes.  Get the Moskva while you can, or go to Gulag.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5,280
[SLI]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
9,550 posts

Free T10 premium ship, every time and no question.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
28
[SAPP]
Members
140 posts
9,784 battles

I got mine a few days ago.  Had to use some free XP but I'm enjoying the ship.  Don't know if we are going to keep it or not.  Ask 10 people and you'll get 10 different answers.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
414
[-AF-]
Beta Testers
955 posts
11,863 battles

I'm still at the Chapayev but I'm keeping a close eye on the goings on in case I have to do a rush FXP to make it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
105
[WOLF9]
Members
520 posts

My only issue is the credits. Only 20m and I need to get the Moskva, Yugumo & Orland. All unlocked & waiting for funding. Will probably get the Orlando first for the campaign.  Moskva next  as soon as I get the credits & Yugumo last. Although I’d rather get them in reverse order. 
 

update:  I bought it, now I don’t have to worry about having enough creds in the future. 

Edited by S7CentNickel
Update.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
110
[-SPS-]
Beta Testers
68 posts
8,355 battles

If you do not get it now, you will seriously regret your decision.

Better to regrind 250+k exp on that ship if you have to, rather than grind 200+k coal (which takes around half a year of daily play). 

And remember, having the Moskva (special ship) will allow you to transfer the same cruiser commander without retraining, so you'll have varied cruiser gameplay when you get bored of 1 ship. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×