You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Tim__2016

Bayard

11 comments in this topic

[WOLF4]
Members
395 posts
17,313 battles

How is the Bayard now with IFHE changes, If you have Bayard are you using IFHE or going fire mode?

Thanks

[LEGIT]
Beta Testers
154 posts
25,541 battles
1 minute ago, Tim__2016 said:

How is the Bayard now with IFHE changes, If you have Bayard are you using IFHE or going fire mode?

Thanks

I played mine the day after the IFHE changes. I left my captain the same. I did not notice any difference.  I had a very high score and was still starting fires left and right.  I'd keep IFHE.  The ship is still very good.  If I started a reroll account, I would buy her for it immediately.  

[BOTO]
Members
1,475 posts
19,048 battles
5 minutes ago, Tim__2016 said:

Thanks

While we had the free captain respec I used it with and without IFHE and I'm pretty convinced you're better off with IFHE.  Sure, your fire chance takes a hit but I haven't really noticed that big of a difference.  She's still a really good ship, just not quite as good as she was.  

[D-DAY]
Members
7,163 posts

In most cases the change to IFHE was as much of a nerf to fire (with the 50% fire chance reduction if you chose it), as it was reducing the damage when you do choose it (from the 30% to 25%).

In most cases, if you had it before on a ship, you'll keep it, however LWM did a handy thread referencing all ship types:

[CYNIC]
[CYNIC]
Members
9,236 posts
12,686 battles

The thing about Bayard is her MM spread, and a player has to take that into account with her. She's going to see a ton of 9's and 10's her IFHE is useless against, while at the same time losing the ability to roast them effectively. Combine this with the ranges she'll be fighting at most of her battles, those HE shells will more often than not be shatters. The way things stand right now, Bayard is more effective consistently without IFHE.

[BOTO]
Members
1,475 posts
19,048 battles
31 minutes ago, TheKrimzonDemon said:

The thing about Bayard is her MM spread, and a player has to take that into account with her. She's going to see a ton of 9's and 10's her IFHE is useless against, while at the same time losing the ability to roast them effectively. Combine this with the ranges she'll be fighting at most of her battles, those HE shells will more often than not be shatters. The way things stand right now, Bayard is more effective consistently without IFHE.

I'd have to disagree.  With IFHE she pens battleship bows and sterns across tiers.  The only real hit Bayard in particular took was now she can't pen the main decks of USN battleships.  So no, she's better off using IFHE with the concurrent nerf to her fire chance.  I ran her with and without IFHE during the free captain respec and I did better with it.  

[ROCT]
Members
18 posts
3,812 battles

I kept IFHE on my Bayard captain and still love it. With the volume of fire Bayard can produce you'll still get fires and you get a good deal of HE pen to boot. 

[WOLF4]
Members
395 posts
17,313 battles

Does the bayard have the same rudder problems as some of the other french ships?

[CYNIC]
[CYNIC]
Members
9,236 posts
12,686 battles
2 hours ago, Aaron_S_Merrill said:

I'd have to disagree.  With IFHE she pens battleship bows and sterns across tiers.  The only real hit Bayard in particular took was now she can't pen the main decks of USN battleships.  So no, she's better off using IFHE with the concurrent nerf to her fire chance.  I ran her with and without IFHE during the free captain respec and I did better with it.  

You're missing the point, though. Damage saturation is thing, and once you've done in their bow and stern, you have to hope for fires, which are now much harder to get. More, the bow and stern actually have a small percentage of the overall hit points. So, you got some damage. Did you sink the ship? No. Did you even stop the ship? Probably not. So, then, you actually accomplished nothing but some stat padding. Stat padding may look good, but it doesn't win. Bayard is much, much harder to consistently win with now.

[BOTO]
Members
1,475 posts
19,048 battles
2 hours ago, TheKrimzonDemon said:

You're missing the point, though. Damage saturation is thing, and once you've done in their bow and stern, you have to hope for fires, which are now much harder to get. More, the bow and stern actually have a small percentage of the overall hit points. So, you got some damage. Did you sink the ship? No. Did you even stop the ship? Probably not. So, then, you actually accomplished nothing but some stat padding. Stat padding may look good, but it doesn't win. Bayard is much, much harder to consistently win with now.

No, I'm not missing the point.  Bow, stern, and superstructure all add up.  I've still got a 9% fire chance which is pretty decent given her ROF and I have MBRB.  Plus remember that HE isn't RNG dependent, whereas fire damage is.  I like knowing that I'm going to consistently get pen damage. How do you figure doing damage to kill a ship is stat-padding?  By your logic the only damage that isn't stat-padding are devstrikes.  

No, it's not that much harder to win with Bayard now.  How many games do you have in Bayard before and after the rework?

[-V1-]
Beta Testers
399 posts
9,705 battles
13 hours ago, Tim__2016 said:

Thanks

pretty good to me i damn near broke 200k dmg with it today