You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
MaxMcKay

Ships for Resources CV.

72 comments in this topic

[-N-]
[-N-]
Alpha Tester
850 posts

I've been watching the resource ships and have been pondering something.  Why can't we get a CV coal ship premium?   It would be nice to see something like this added to the armory for people to work for!  Please do take it into consideration and give us CV mains something to work for as well.  

• Cool 4
  • Funny 1
  • Boring 3

[-KAK-]
Members
613 posts
12,672 battles

FDR (A midway) Is on the the way. I don't believe they've announced the resource, but it'll be Coal/Steel/FXP for sure.

• Cool 2

[GRETA]
Members
1,375 posts
10,601 battles
Just now, TheOmegaDuck said:

FDR (A midway) Is on the the way. I don't believe they've announced the resource, but it'll be Coal/Steel/FXP for sure.

They stated steel would be the resource.

• Cool 1

[-KAK-]
Members
613 posts
12,672 battles
Just now, HallaSnackbar said:

They stated steel would be the resource.

Thanks! I couldn't remember if they'd said or not - Guess I was off slightly.

• Cool 1

[-N-]
[-N-]
Alpha Tester
850 posts

Would prefer coal as it's a resource more could gather then trying to grab steel with Clan battles.  I'm hoping the FDR will be nice but her all AP loadout is kinda a worry for me.

• Cool 1

[USA-N]
Members
785 posts
11,544 battles
14 minutes ago, MaxMcKay said:

Please do take it into consideration and give us CV mains something to work for as well.  

There is no such thing as a "CV main".

Everyone plays all the real ship classes. CVs are not part of the game.

If you choose to play CVs, you are a spectator, and not engaging in the game.

There are CVs, and then there is WOWS.

• Cool 3
  • Funny 1
  • Boring 25

[-N-]
[-N-]
Alpha Tester
850 posts
1 minute ago, SidTheBlade said:

There is no such thing as a "CV main".

If you choose to play CVs, you are a spectator, and not engaging in the game.

There are CVs, and then there is WOWS.

Glad that's how you feel about things.  Thankfully most of the community see's CV's as a fun part of the game and likes having them around.  

If you don't have anything to contribute, why come into a thread that is simply here to talk about some fun things for CVs.

• Cool 8
  • Boring 5

[-KAK-]
Members
613 posts
12,672 battles
34 minutes ago, SidTheBlade said:

Funny... I could have sworn that I saw a Midway/Hakuryu/Audacious in the tech tree. :Smile_amazed:

Oh well, if one random forumite says it, it's gotta be true. Breathe easy everyone! CV's actually part of the game!

• Cool 1
  • Funny 2

[5D8]
Members
193 posts
20,433 battles
38 minutes ago, MaxMcKay said:

Glad that's how you feel about things.  Thankfully most of the community see's CV's as a fun part of the game and likes having them around.  

If you don't have anything to contribute, why come into a thread that is simply here to talk about some fun things for CVs.

you're either new to the game, or trolling. most people hate the cv's haha. i personally don't care. people need to learn how to deal w/ them no diff than other classes.

• Cool 1
  • Boring 5

[HC]
[HC]
Beta Testers
3,461 posts
13,117 battles
1 minute ago, teamjusta said:

you're either new to the game, or trolling. most people hate the cv's haha. i personally don't care. people need to learn how to deal w/ them no diff than other classes.

Most players don't visit the forums, even fewer post.

Of the players that visit the forums, some hate them, some don't.

You can't really judge anything based on the forums.

From something posted recently by WG staff, I'm guessing the numbers were pretty good prior to Covid 19 and the great staycation.

Sounds to me like most players at a minimum don't care one way or another about CV's, or that wouldn't be the case.

• Cool 2

Members
324 posts
12 minutes ago, teamjusta said:

you're either new to the game, or trolling. most people in the forums hate the cv's haha. i personally don't care. people need to learn how to deal w/ them no diff than other classes.

Fixed it for you. 

• Cool 1

Members
324 posts

Here is my opinion of the upcoming Tier X carrier USS Franklin D. Rossavelt (FDR) :

She should be available for either steel or Research Bureau (RB) points.  Not coal.   

Coal would make it too easy to get such a Tier X ship, and would actually discourage players to grind up to USS Midway, FDR's sister ship. 

Now...as for the OP's proposal that premium/special CVs in general ought to be more available in the Armory, I agree, JUST as long as those resource CVs are not too overpowered.  

It is one thing to add a ship in the Armory because it is a bit better than typical tech tree ships or offers some unique ability not found on other ships....but it is quite another to add a ship into the Armory that is downright overpowered as f***. 

One example that comes to mind is the Smolensk, who was offered as a coal resource ship.   The result is that a powerful vessel became highly saturated in the gameplay, causing much controversy and--in extreme cases--even caused players to quit playing WoWS. 

TL DR: I agree that we should have some resource CVs in the Armory, for coal, steel, or RB points....but I do NOT want to see overpowered CVs added into the Armory.  

Beta Testers
1,669 posts
8,903 battles
1 hour ago, MaxMcKay said:

Thankfully most of the community see's CV's as a fun part of the game and likes having them around.  

I'll take, "Complete Bull****", for $500, Alex.

• Cool 2
  • Funny 1
  • Boring 2

[CYNIC]
Members
2,911 posts
7,774 battles
15 minutes ago, Tigermaus said:

I'll take, "Complete Bull****", for $500, Alex.

I'm sorry, that's incorrect, you lose $500.  Every poll run in the various venues they can, overwhelmingly show that CV haters aren't the majority.  They are at times an obnoxiously vocal minority.  May your wuhan days be blessed with green potato CVs

• Cool 1
  • Boring 1

Beta Testers
1,669 posts
8,903 battles
9 minutes ago, CV_Jeebies said:

I'm sorry, that's incorrect, you lose $500.  Every poll run in the various venues they can, overwhelmingly show that CV haters aren't the majority.  They are at times an obnoxiously vocal minority.  May your wuhan days be blessed with green potato CVs

CVs are trash. Thats why WG has to keep changing them. It's a fail class.

• Cool 1
  • Boring 1

Members
2,376 posts
52 battles

FDR is coming for steel. Although preliminary impressions of it have... not been too favorable to say the least.

There was also a stream awhile ago where devs were asked whether there'll ever be a CV for coal. They seemed surprised at the question, so I'd assume there is no such thing in the works and if it is, it'll be a while before it arrives.

They might just offer FDR for coal instead of the ship's performance remains poor tho.

Edited by El2aZeR

[SHOOT]
[SHOOT]
Beta Testers
4,204 posts
12,777 battles
3 hours ago, SidTheBlade said:

Pirates of the Caribbean isn't here. And Master and Commander is on the far side of somewhere else.

Meanwhile CVs are begin and preside in any 20th century naval entity; including WoWs.

[WPORT]
Members
8,077 posts
13,146 battles
3 hours ago, MaxMcKay said:

I've been watching the resource ships and have been pondering something.  Why can't we get a CV coal ship premium?   It would be nice to see something like this added to the armory for people to work for!  Please do take it into consideration and give us CV mains something to work for as well.  

3 hours ago, TheOmegaDuck said:

Good news.  :-)

[WPORT]
Members
8,077 posts
13,146 battles
1 minute ago, Crokodone said:

Pirates of the Caribbean isn't here. And Master and Commander is on the far side of somewhere else.

Meanwhile CVs are begin and preside in any 20th century naval entity; including WoWs.

+1

• Cool 1

[CYNIC]
Members
2,911 posts
7,774 battles
15 minutes ago, Slyguy3129 said:

Mister SkyCancer!:cap_haloween::cap_like:

Let's see what I've played over the last 3 weeks....
image.png.f38f3da043f10d20a05150d9eae4271d.png

[CYNIC]
Members
2,911 posts
7,774 battles
16 minutes ago, Slyguy3129 said:

I was referring to your name.

CV Jeebies is what people who blindly hate CVs get when they come across one, be it in game or discussion.  They potato 5 out of 5 matches, the last one had a CV so it's all the CV's fault.  Most of those demanding something be done with CVs would end up smacked by something else making their situation dire, irrespective of the class they encounter.  Other's have valid claims as to why they dislike them, and that enters into the realm where any particular class can be "a problem".  Take for instance Benham vs Iowa.  There's no counter play to that -- it's a waiting game whereby the iowa is going down, it's just a matter of how soon. 

Edited by CV_Jeebies

[KAG]
Members
1,351 posts
12,287 battles
32 minutes ago, Snargfargle said:

[Edited]

You do or don’t ignore people? I’m confused.  What list do you speak of? Should I be worried my gamer tag is written on a lip stick skin canvas kill list? 

• Funny 1

[PSP]
[PSP]
Members
14,434 posts
5 minutes ago, BarneyStyle said:

You do or don’t ignore people? I’m confused.  What list do you speak of? Should I be worried my gamer tag is written on a lip stick skin canvas kill list? 

Hover over my name and you will see an option to "ignore user." Feel free to use it if you don't like my posts concerning CVs because I enjoy playing them and think that they add some much-needed diversity to the game. If you hate CVs and the people who play them then you probably won't like reading my posts.

Edited by Snargfargle
  • Cool 1