You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Hapa_Fodder

ST, soviet cruisers branch split

315 comments in this topic

[WG]
Administrator, Developers, Community Department, WG Staff, In AlfaTesters
4,582 posts
15,107 battles

Commanders, in Update 0.9.5 there will be a soviet cruiser branch split. Due to the entirety of the current branch except Moskva consisting of light cruisers, Moskva will be replaced in the branch by the light cruiser Alexander Nevsky and will herself become a special ship for Coal. Apart from that, cruiser Kirov will be replaced in the branch by Kotovsky and become a premium ship. 

Details of the upcoming changes:

• Cruiser Moskva will get the "special" status. It means that base cost of the ship's post-battle service will be reduced from 180,000 to 90,000 credits and you will be able to assign commanders from other ships of the same nation without penalty or retraining.
  • Players who currently have Moskva researched but not yet bought or have her sold will get Moskva. 
  • If the soviet cruiser branch was reset, a bonus to Research points will be applied to cruiser Alexander Nevsky. 
  • The Unique Upgrade or the mission for it, as well as all purchased permanent camouflages, will remain on Moskva. In case the Type 20 permanent camouflage wasn't purchased, players will get it. 
  • The commander of Moskva will retain his specialization. 
  • Cruiser Alexander Nevsky will be available only when researched and purchased in the tech tree. 
  • The same rules are applied to cruisers Kirov and Kotovsky. 

WG_SPB_WoWs_Infographic_Supertest_USSR_Cruisers_EN_1920x1080 (1).jpg

• Cool 2

[-K-]
Members
8,491 posts
14,883 battles

Can someone remind me how Dmitri Donskoi and Alexander Nevsky qualify as "light" cruisers, considering their 180mm guns?

Capture1.thumb.JPG.f824fca4ca5d41940b52bbc9a52d448d.JPG

• Cool 3

[TDR]
[TDR]
Members
1,112 posts
11,836 battles
19 minutes ago, Hapa_Fodder said:
  • Players who currently have Moskva researched but not yet bought or have her sold will get Moskva. 

WG_SPB_WoWs_Infographic_Supertest_USSR_Cruisers_EN_1920x1080 (1).jpg

Appreciate the update. So, am I reading this correctly? If I owned at Moskva at some point, but sold her, I will automatically get Moskva back for this patch? I guess full disclosure, if I sold this ship today at half credit value I will get it back in 9.5?

Edited by ditka_Fatdog
  • Cool 1

[TARK]
Members
7,331 posts
3,036 battles
10 minutes ago, Ace_04 said:

Can someone remind me how Dmitri Donskoi and Alexander Nevsky qualify as "light" cruisers, considering their 180mm guns?

Russia didnt sign the Washington Naval Treaty.

• Cool 1

[-K-]
Members
8,491 posts
14,883 battles
5 minutes ago, Daniel_Allan_Clark said:

Russia didnt sign the Washington Naval Treaty.

Good point.

Probably also a justification to give a ship with 180mm guns light cruiser reload in this game.

Edited by Ace_04

[1984]
Members
4,482 posts
21,506 battles
21 minutes ago, Ace_04 said:

Because they dont have 280 mm guns.

• Cool 1

[5D2]
[5D2]
Beta Testers
684 posts
19,004 battles
3 minutes ago, Laoski_IUsedAllMyReports said:

They should REFUND the 5000 doubloon to players who purchased the Moskva perma camo 

Or at the very least put a tier ten perma camo in our inventory, very disappointed.

• Cool 7

[INTEL]
Members
7,757 posts
36,938 battles
48 minutes ago, Hapa_Fodder said:

Players who currently have Moskva researched but not yet bought or have her sold will get Moskva. 

Does this say if Moskva was sold, we will get it back? Really?

I currently have it but this is not clear to me. Also, I did purchase the perma-camo for 5000 doubs long ago. Then I am getting a free perma-camo and lose the 5k? Disappointing. A refund on that should be forthcoming.

Edited by alexf24
  • Cool 1

[TDR]
[TDR]
Members
1,112 posts
11,836 battles
7 minutes ago, Lonewolfpj said:

This is an interesting way to do this. I am might have to quickly grind up to this ship. 

Agreed, based on how it reads I wish I hadn’t done that and then bought her. But sounds like if you did buy with creds you can sell and then get it back when the patch drops

Edited by ditka_Fatdog
  • Cool 1

Alpha Tester
283 posts
18,209 battles

I grinned to and bought the Camo. :cap_cool:

Why are we punished by WG for giving them money. :cap_wander_2:

(Didn't ever other line split give us the tier ship that replaced it if the old one was owned.)

• Cool 3

[TDR]
Beta Testers
88 posts
2,522 battles
1 hour ago, Hapa_Fodder said:

• Cruiser Alexander Nevsky will be available only when researched and purchased in the tech tree. 

Meaning you will have to grind for it and buy it even if you have Moskva currently in port correct?

[PVE]
Members
13,429 posts
28,176 battles
2 hours ago, Hapa_Fodder said:

The Unique Upgrade or the mission for it, as well as all purchased permanent camouflages, will remain on Moskva. In case the Type 20 permanent camouflage wasn't purchased, players will get it. 

I KNEW WG was going to do this and screw those of us who paid for the camo. It is NOT RIGHT! Coal ships come with a camo and Coal ships are FREE. And to rub salt in the wounds those who didn't buy the camo for REAL MONEY are going to get it for free. Once again as a long time loyal customer who has spent a lot on the game I will get the shaft while those who don't spend get stuff free. :etc_swear::Smile-angry:

And spare me the you bought it for Moskva so you don't lose anything because you still have it speech. That is utter and complete horse-hooey. I paid for the camo because Moskva was a "tech tree" ship at T10 and you need that camo economically to play there and not lose your shirt (even more so in Co-op where I play). IF Moskva was a Coal ship when I bought it then it would have come with a camo. WG has made something we paid REAL MONEY for free now. It is WRONG WRONG WRONG!

This is theft of my 5K Doubloons plain and simple and a ploy to get people to buy it for the replacement. I have every T10 tech tree ship in the game and have bought the camo for all of them save Halland which I got the event one (spent doubloons to get the 5 early access DD's to be able to do the mission for it though so spent money on it technically).

I will have to serious consider whether or not I will spend any more money on camos or even this game now if the company will steal from me. WG continues on down the road of wrong decisions. I wonder if they ever will or even can turn back now?

This makes me so angry it is not even funny. 

Edited by AdmiralThunder
  • Cool 12
  • Funny 2
  • Boring 10

[ARGSY]
Members
23,407 posts
17,347 battles
51 minutes ago, alexf24 said:

Then I am getting a free perma-camo and lose the 5k? Disappointing. A refund on that should be forthcoming.

We still have a patch and a half to push them on this, because quite frankly I agree that those who coughed up for their Moskva permacamo before this split was announced should get one for the Nevsky.

On the other hand, anger and threats aren't going to stir them one bit. It may even be counterproductive.

5 minutes ago, AdmiralThunder said:

Once again as a long time loyal customer who has spent a lot on the game I will get the shaft while those who don't spend get stuff free.

A couple of years ago, I bought the Anshan and the Yubari for real money. Both ships are now available for coal (the Yubari less than a month after I paid for her), but you won't see me screaming and whining about getting robbed.

• Cool 8
  • Boring 7

[PVE]
Members
13,429 posts
28,176 battles
1 minute ago, Ensign_Cthulhu said:

A couple of years ago, I bought the Anshan and the Yubari for real money. Both ships are now available for coal (the Yubari less than a month after I paid for her), but you won't see me screaming and whining about getting robbed.

No because it would mean criticizing WG and you are their biggest defender.

This is WRONG and you know it but as usual you feel you have to take WG's side and defend them no matter how bad they screwed up.

Go hassle someone else and leave me alone. 

• Cool 7
  • Funny 1
  • Boring 5

[ERK]
Members
38 posts
36,538 battles

Apart from the arguments above, why are the research not returned to the tier 4 and 9 ships, so we can purchase the replacement ships (we are having to regrind for ships we have already completed).  Having a ton of research points on tier 1 ships is stupid unless wargaming is desperate for more money.     Why not just move the premium camo to our inventory for use on any tier X ship after you attach it to her?  This game is getting hard to play for me since the rules and changes to the game happen every patch.

• Cool 1

[WOLFG]
Members
11,810 posts
10,962 battles

Eating the cost of a T10 camo is a pretty high price for a premium ship (especially if you already have a bunch of premiums).

• Cool 2

[S0L0]
Beta Testers
857 posts
7,190 battles

Community never ceases to disappoint.  Crying about refunds for perma camo that some of them have been using for many months if not years.  What, $15 worth of dubs?  Less if received via Xmas crates or missions.  Crying about others getting it for free. Don't think you should consider spending 245K coal as "free" and the number of players who researched/bought Moskva and didn't get the camo is unknown but probably not a significant portion of the player base.  If you really want a refund keep crying about it, WG may listen.  Be prepared to lose all of the XP and extra coin you gained while using the perma camo.  

• Cool 4
  • Boring 2

[ARGSY]
Members
23,407 posts
17,347 battles
6 minutes ago, AKBear08 said:

we are having to regrind for ships we have already completed

From my reading of it, it looks as though the only ship you'll have to re-research is the Nevsky, because she's new. Not so sure about the Kotovsky, but if you already have the ships on both sides of her it seems pointless for them not to count her as fully researched. This is a weird situation because we've never had tech-tree ships pulled out in exactly this manner before. In the US Cruiser split, for example, they stayed in the game but changed tiers or shifted branches, while in the Carrier rework the disappeared ships left the game entirely and got refunded as XP on the ship they were unlocked from. 

The logic is that you didn't have the Kotovsky and the Nevsky before, so you must research them. I spent a hell of a lot of credits on the Moskva that I now find out I didn't have to, but eh, whatever. I can still be pleased for the ones who get her unlocked but won't have to cough up.

In the meantime, we're still a patch and three quarters away from the actual split. What they will or will not do for those who already have the Moskva permacamo IS NOT YET SET IN STONE, and I wish people would understand that. This is why the CC's are being forced to keep their mouths shut until the last minute on future test ships, because people see the FIRST piece of news and fly off the handle before they  have the full picture. Does WG contribute by not giving us the full picture at once when it would be appropriate to do so? Yes. But hot tempers won't help.

• Boring 4

[WOLF5]
Supertester
4,843 posts
4,285 battles

So WG is basically saying that now we didn’t finish the RU CL grind. If we want to have it finished like we did before the split we have to grind Donskoi again? Not to mention buying it again. That’s frustrating. Basically through no fault of our own, we now have another ship to grind. Really not a player friendly method. What happened to nobody loses anything, because right now we just lost progress on the RU line.

The camo situation, I understand their logic, but it’s a [edited] situation for people who bought the permacamo. Basically you lost 5K doubloons, because you have to buy the Nevsky camo again. I really think WG should give the replacement ship as well, and if you bought the perma camo you get it for both ships.

This is not the way they handled previous line splits. It’s definitely worse, but unfortunately fits into their recent way of doing business. They’re doing the bare minimum for their players, and that’s a terrible way to run a company. Really sad to see how much they’ve declined.

• Cool 1
  • Boring 1

Members
1,917 posts
27,804 battles

There is another way to play this game. See sig below for the secret!

...and I think I'll wait 'til just before the patch to sell Moskva and Kirov (as it says, "The same rules are applied to cruisers Kirov and Kotovsky.")

Edited by theLaalaa
  • Boring 1

[WOLF5]
Supertester
4,843 posts
4,285 battles
1 minute ago, Ensign_Cthulhu said:

From my reading of it, it looks as though the only ship you'll have to re-research is the Nevsky, because she's new. Not so sure about the Kotovsky, but if you already have the ships on both sides of her it seems pointless for them not to count her as fully researched. This is a weird situation because we've never had tech-tree ships pulled out in exactly this manner before. In the US Cruiser split, for example, they stayed in the game but changed tiers or shifted branches, while in the Carrier rework the disappeared ships left the game entirely and got refunded as XP on the ship they were unlocked from. 

The logic is that you didn't have the Kotovsky and the Nevsky before, so you must research them. I spent a hell of a lot of credits on the Moskva that I now find out I didn't have to, but eh, whatever. I can still be pleased for the ones who get her unlocked but won't have to cough up.

In the meantime, we're still a patch and three quarters away from the actual split. What they will or will not do for those who already have the Moskva permacamo IS NOT YET SET IN STONE, and I wish people would understand that. This is why the CC's are being forced to keep their mouths shut until the last minute on future test ships, because people see the FIRST piece of news and fly off the handle before they  have the full picture. Does WG contribute by not giving us the full picture at once when it would be appropriate to do so? Yes. But hot tempers won't help.

You’re forgetting that hot tempers are the only thing that gets things changed. NTC and PR only got changed after players started riots. It’s unfortunate, but WG has shown they only really listen when a lot of people get really mad.

• Funny 1

[WOLFB]
Members
3,178 posts
7,895 battles

yeah the camo thing is frustrating. They need to find a way to compensate the people who have already bought it. Even if its as simple as you get the permo camo for the new ship. 

• Cool 4

[PVE]
Members
13,429 posts
28,176 battles
10 minutes ago, Ensign_Cthulhu said:

What they will or will not do for those who already have the Moskva permacamo IS NOT YET SET IN STONE,

Ok, please show me where in the news they just released, which tells us how the split will be handled in detail, is still WIP and can be changed? Previous announcements on the split said they were undecided and nothing was set but this announcement isn't WIP - it's how it will be. They have told us no, you won't get compensated for your 5K Doubloon Moskva camo and no you won't get Nevsky free; you have to regrind it.

I am seriously not trying to start a fight but nothing announced is ambiguous or unclear (outside of translation maybe - but anyone with any sense can understand what it means). WG is NOT doing any form of line progress or perma camo compensation for current ship and camo owners. They are flat out getting shafted. 

And, if you truly think t is not set in stone and it is possible it could change please tell me why WG would do so unless they receive the kind of angry loyal customer feedback people like myself are giving? If no one complains and just takes it up the tuckuss they won't change a darn thing. Frankly I doubt they will change anything even with protests and riots.

I am sorry, but with all due respect, YES, WG actually has decided what will happen compensation wise for the current owners of the Moskva perma camo = NOTHING! IF it changes it is ONLY because of community uproar.