Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Hapa_Fodder

Happy Submarine Day!

21 comments in this topic

[WG]
Administrator, Developers, Community Department, WG Staff, In AlfaTesters
4,571 posts
15,077 battles

Today we celebrate those who served and serve as submariners in our nations' navies. Watch our video and take part in an AMA today with JiveTurkey!

Read it on the portal
  • Cool 1
  • Boring 3

[WOLFA]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
1,188 posts

what a title tease ...    

Stay tuned to the portal for more submarine news coming soon, Commanders!

but guess something is coming :Smile_Default:

[DRFTR]
Beta Testers
3,919 posts

Man i was hoping this was news of their release... I've only seen tiny snips of the sub gameplay...

• Boring 3

[BS]
[BS]
Alpha Tester
534 posts
5,033 battles

So we can blame this guy for bringing subs into the game...

• Cool 2
  • Funny 2

[-AFK-]
Beta Testers
99 posts
3,244 battles
7 hours ago, ccoel12345 said:

subs in 0.9.7?

5 hours ago, Ghost_of_a_Smile said:

I prefer 1.0.0. Will be a totally different game with subs in.

https://static.wows-numbers.com/wows/1015608978.png

Looks like subs might be released in update 0.9.4 from latest datamind 

[-HE-]
Members
182 posts
1 hour ago, simon70000 said:

Looks like subs might be released in update 0.9.4 from latest datamind 

that would be even better

• Cool 1

[KMS]
Beta Testers
311 posts
17,805 battles

a BIG  THANKS to all the brave men who fought in WW2 in US subs.

read the books by those men esp. the ones by Edward Beach, one of the greatest submariners. (combat patrols against the japs) and first to circumnavigate the globe completely underwater.

read any of those books and you will see what WG wants to do with subs is totally unhistorical and a total farce historically, mechanically and tactically

if not restricted to the Scenario mode only it will destroy this game and any passing resemblance to the historical use of warships in combat.

And I will stop spending ($300+ a month) on this as will most thinking adults who are the life blood of this game and helped make this game great..

Subs will turn this game into childish nonsense,          

There has never been a wargame doing how they want to use subs and 50+ yrs of wargaming cant be wrong.

But WG could take what they have done so far and make a REAL sub game based on reality.. perhaps being able to port ships from WOW

I would spend money on something like that, and I think others would also.

so WG make a separate sub game and have 2 great games for people to throw money at you 

or add subs to this game and strangle the golden goose.

• Cool 1
  • Boring 4

[KMS]
Members
67 posts
7,610 battles

look at all the millions clamoring for subs, !!  Wait it seem only a few misguided poor souls instead.

But WG does not understand marketing and customer relations in the western world and want to force subs on us.

the real and big question is not how many would like subs but

how many new people spending money will subs bring into the game vs how many will be irate enough to stop spending money and even leave this game ?

as I probably will,

Subs will be a big money loser for WG if they use the Russian business model and force it on us, EXPECTING us to take our lumps and SUBmissively continue to give them money.

the people who want subs MIGHT spend 10% more,  the people who will feel betrayed by broken promises and the totally unhistorical, unrealistic, hokey, lame game breaking subs will reduce spending by 90-100% as they leave or just hang around to burn up their premium time and consumables as I probably will do.

all the propaganda in the would will not change the fact that submarine warfare does not fit the scale or scope of this game

and what WG wants to model NEVER happened IN REAL LIFE

• Boring 2

[WOLF1]
Beta Testers
12,338 posts
17,511 battles

Oh you tease!...:Smile_veryhappy:

Great video. So looking forward to subs! Will be so exciting to add even more variety to World of Warships. 

Expecting test 4 very soon.

Schmoney GIF

[SF-13]
[SF-13]
Members
536 posts
8,465 battles

I don't think they plan to release submarines.  There has not been a single new update on the TST test server in months, and they said there would be a fourth round of testing.  The third round was a disaster.  It was in some ways worse than the second round.  Not one update since that round.  I hope I'm wrong, but the facts speak for themselves.

Also, I was shocked to see that the development team has been spending all of this time constructing a new tech tree line of German aircraft carriersWHAT?  As nice as they look and all, it means that nothing was done to fix the problems plaguing the sub operation mechanics.  There is no way they can pump out line after line of new cruisers and then a whole new line of CV's unless they just abandoned work on the submarines.

This will cost them money from me, as I have been waiting for a decent, historically accurate, but playable submarine from them now for over a year.

I took part in the tests, gave tons of feedback like others, but apparently no one at WG read it since there has been no new update to the TST server.  Updates signal changes.  They also signal work in progress.  No updates means the whole thing was dropped, shelved, or will be released in the sci-fi format while they concentrate on selling new ships.  

Either way, I will not pay any money for new junk.  They need to shed an over bloated marketing department and hire new developers and historians to get the game back on track.

They aren't doing that.

• Boring 1

[-AFK-]
Beta Testers
99 posts
3,244 battles

I don't think they plan to release submarines.  There has not been a single new update on the TST test server in months, and they said there would be a fourth round of testing.  The third round was a disaster.  It was in some ways worse than the second round.  Not one update since that round.  I hope I'm wrong, but the facts speak for themselves.

Also, I was shocked to see that the development team has been spending all of this time constructing a new tech tree line of German aircraft carriersWHAT?  As nice as they look and all, it means that nothing was done to fix the problems plaguing the sub operation mechanics.  There is no way they can pump out line after line of new cruisers and then a whole new line of CV's unless they just abandoned work on the submarines.

This will cost them money from me, as I have been waiting for a decent, historically accurate, but playable submarine from them now for over a year.

I took part in the tests, gave tons of feedback like others, but apparently no one at WG read it since there has been no new update to the TST server.  Updates signal changes.  They also signal work in progress.  No updates means the whole thing was dropped, shelved, or will be released in the sci-fi format while they concentrate on selling new ships.  

Either way, I will not pay any money for new junk.  They need to shed an over bloated marketing department and hire new developers and historians to get the game back on track.

They aren't doing that.

There probably won’t be another test in the test server round 3 it was the last test and after that there bringing  it in the main client in a separate game mode for people to enjoy and test. I think in my opinion round 3 wasn’t a disaster there were pretty good mechanic in the game they brought with round 3 example they removed the Oxygen mechanic meaning battery are the new resource now I really love also the hydrophone subs detect engine sound under the water depending how fast ship travel I think is amazing. I am not saying it was perfect round 3 but it’s in a much better position where cv were when they first released  it in the game.

That my opinion I know a lot of people different views of subs.

[LOS]
Members
864 posts
15,863 battles

I had part of my Bachelor party on the USS Cod      sick   but really fun

• Boring 1

[SF-13]
[SF-13]
Members
536 posts
8,465 battles
23 hours ago, simon70000 said:

I think in my opinion round 3 wasn’t a disaster

Well... maybe not.  They did get rid of the inane oxygen meter thing, which was a vast improvement, but then replaced it with the stupid battery recharging.  Uhh… no ship has to return to port to recharge anything, or expose itself to recharge something.  It's important to remember that a single shot can destroy a sub with it's low HP.

What I meant by "disaster" was WG giving us stuff that no one asked for, like underwater sub battles that dominated the game towards the end of the testing period.  No one wanted that or even asked for it after the second round of testing.  No one wanted or expected sci-fi submarines in the game.  No one wanted the ability to see other subs and follow them around and expose them constantly or ambush other subs underwater and crazy stuff like that.  And no one wanted to die from depth charges with zero chance of escape either.

The sonar screen from the second round was superior to what they had in the third round, in my opinion.  It was cool that you could see what was on the surface, but not know if it was your team or another team ship, so you had to be careful where to surface.  In the third round, you could not even surface.  Again, no one asked for that either.  The third round was a disaster in communication because so many things that were introduced were not asked for by anyone interested in subs.

They did say there would be a fourth round of testing, but since then they have been completely silent on the matter.

If WG introduces the subs as they are, that is, sci-fi subs, then I will probably not play them.  I will just bomb them with depth charges and get them out quick.  It seems WG is satisfied with that outcome.  I hope not, but it just seems that way.

Edited by Nordlaender

[SF-13]
[SF-13]
Members
536 posts
8,465 battles

Oh wow.  They moved subs to the Public Test Server.  They never said they would do that, but that would explain all the updates that I have installed there without being able to test much.  I guess we will find out what kind of subs they have planned for us this weekend.  At least it will be interesting.

Update:  After reading about the changes, I must say that I am underwhelmed.  We'll find out tomorrow if they are doing stupid underwater sci-fi battles or not.

Edited by Nordlaender
Update

Sign in to follow this