You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
wildcat18

Kirov question

14 comments in this topic

Members
360 posts

I know (from what I read) that the Kirov goes to a premium ship next patch when they do the line split. Will the Kirov produce credits at a higher rate like other premium ships or will it just be a special ship?  Also, if the Kirov does produce more credits, I will put a 10 point Commander in it. Question for that is, put the 10 point commander in now or wait till it goes premium? Thank you in advance for any help.

Members
1,662 posts
34,209 battles

I would put it in. It won't change anything when it changes. If you have kirov it becomes premium with whatever assigned bonuses a premium will have.

If you got the original camo, it might get an economy bonus. Usually service cost reduction. If you don't, then you might have to get it. It might become more expensive later on to get the permanent camo. But WG might also give you the camo. It's unclear at this point.

If I were to guess, it should have equivalent bonuses as the Molotov. But I am not sure on that myself.

[RTXN]
Banned
1,416 posts
26 minutes ago, wildcat18 said:

I know (from what I read) that the Kirov goes to a premium ship next patch when they do the line split. Will the Kirov produce credits at a higher rate like other premium ships or will it just be a special ship?  Also, if the Kirov does produce more credits, I will put a 10 point Commander in it. Question for that is, put the 10 point commander in now or wait till it goes premium? Thank you in advance for any help.

From what I understand, Kirov will only be a special ship - no higher credit earning potential.  If it goes premium or special the below applies equally.

My advice is do not train a CO to Kirov at all.  Train commanders for line ships only - you can use commanders in the Kirov (after switching over to special) without penalty - switching in and out of Kirov. 

Move him out of Kirov and train him to a line ship - if not now, as soon as it goes special.

• Cool 1

Members
360 posts
5 minutes ago, SteelRain_Rifleman said:

I would put it in. It won't change anything when it changes. If you have kirov it becomes premium with whatever assigned bonuses a premium will have.

If you got the original camo, it might get an economy bonus. Usually service cost reduction. If you don't, then you might have to get it. It might become more expensive later on to get the permanent camo. But WG might also give you the camo. It's unclear at this point.

If I were to guess, it should have equivalent bonuses as the Molotov. But I am not sure on that myself.

I am mostly looking at the credits, if it produces 50% more like other premiums than fine. But other than credits I would have no use for a premium ship.

Members
360 posts
1 minute ago, jmanII said:

From what I understand, Kirov will only be a special ship - no higher credit earning potential.

My advice is not to put a specialized commander in Kirov at all.  Train commanders for line ships only - you can use commanders in the Kirov (after switching over to special) without penalty - switching in and out of Kirov. 

Move him out of Kirov and train him to a line ship - if not now, as soon as it goes special.

I really don't have much use for a training ship so if Kirov does not produce 50% more credits I would not bother putting a 10 point Commander in it. So I will probably just wait to see what happens at the split.

[RTXN]
Banned
1,416 posts
Just now, wildcat18 said:

I really don't have much use for a training ship so if Kirov does not produce 50% more credits I would not bother putting a 10 point Commander in it. So I will probably just wait to see what happens at the split.

Good plan

[DRFTR]
Beta Testers
2,138 posts

you can put any RU captain in a RU premium, just don't pay to retrain them for it.

[HINON]
[HINON]
Members
2,163 posts
20,821 battles
13 minutes ago, SKurj said:

you can put any RU captain in a RU premium, just don't pay to retrain them for it.

Exactly, a RU cruiser Capt is a pretty consistent process.  Keep him trained on the highest tier you have, then use him in the premiums as you wish.

[META_]
Members
738 posts
15,215 battles

My guess is it'll be like the ARP Ships, special not premium. But you can put any commander in it (same nation) without penalty... I use my ARP Ships to get the 100% bonus of first win of the day bonuses, happy hunting Captain 😎

Edited by Meta_Man

Members
44 posts
3,025 battles

Kirov will be a premium ship and have that increased income, Moskva will be the special ship, as announced in the blog.

[-OS-]
Members
50 posts
8,453 battles
On 4/10/2020 at 10:43 AM, jmanII said:

From what I understand, Kirov will only be a special ship - no higher credit earning potential.  If it goes premium or special the below applies equally.

My advice is do not train a CO to Kirov at all.  Train commanders for line ships only - you can use commanders in the Kirov (after switching over to special) without penalty - switching in and out of Kirov. 

Moskva is the on that will only be a special ship since WG insists on not making official premium tier 10 ships. Kirov will become an actual premium.

[RTXN]
Banned
1,416 posts
48 minutes ago, MitoUchiha said:

Moskva is the on that will only be a special ship since WG insists on not making official premium tier 10 ships. Kirov will become an actual premium.

I agree - but at the time I wrote this (1 month ago) this is what we knew.

Hindsight is 20/20

Beta Testers
326 posts
6,336 battles
23 hours ago, MitoUchiha said:

I know this is the wrong thread for the Moskva, but I'm trying to get the facts right.  From what I've gathered, if you have the Moskva RESEARCHED than you will get her once she transitions into a special ship.  I'm now being told that you NEED TO PURCHASE HER before the switch.  I've shown this person the threads in the EU forum: https://forum.worldofwarships.eu/topic/133965-wows-v095-soviet-cruisers-branch-split-explained/ , but he's saying that this is a mixup.  Can anyone verify?

EDIT:  We've figured it out. 

[BUF]
Members
31 posts
3,850 battles

What was the answer??

EDIT: Looked at your attached post and it seams clear that if you have the Moskova researched that you will get her.  But do you need to pay the credits?  Do you get here for "free" if you have the ship researched?

Edited by WhiteCoatClubber