You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
AdmiralThunder

Friendly Reminder (Not a PSA)

32 comments in this topic

[PVE]
Members
13,398 posts
28,050 battles

IF you are trying to do the new Campaign for the special Captain, Jerzy Swirski, pay attention to the specific task requirement you are trying to do as far as the qualifying game modes it can be done in. I am running into a lot of people in Co-op who think ALL the tasks can be done there and they can't. 

Each Stage has only (2) two tasks that can be completed in Co-op. The rest of the tasks in each stage are all PVP. All final tasks are Co-op doable so the entire thing can be done in Co-op but, again, only 2 tasks for each stage can be done there like it was with Halsey (but this time we get some 2 Star tasks to do vs all 1 with Halsey).

This is NOT a complaint thread about Co-op's part in this Campaign either. I am just am trying to help folks out because there seems to be a lot of confusion on this. People aren't fully reading the task info which shows the acceptable modes it can be done in. I literally just came from a match that was 8 Cruisers and a DD. I asked how many were there for the Campaign and the answers I got were all yes and many were saying things like I am doing the BB and Cruiser task (not Co-op doable). I mentioned that there are only 2 tasks for Co-op and most were like what? They are all doable aren't they?

I had suspiscions prior to this game that this is what is going on based on MM composition. Here in Stage 1 Co-op should be heavy with EU ships (it is not - almost none) if people are trying to do it there as the 2 tasks are Capt XP and credits (T8+ EU only). Have hardly seen an EU ship outside of my own when I completed Stage 1. Just a few here and there.

So, pay attention to the modes the tasks can be done in as people are wasting a lot of games on tasks not completable there it appears in Co-op for this.

Just a friendly reminder to pay more attention to the details so you don't waste time in the wrong mode.

:Smile_honoring:

For any who care here are the Co-op doable tasks for this event...

Strong-Willed:

• Start Date: 4/8/2020
  • End Date: 10/8/2020 (approx = 6 months)
  • Reward: 10pt European (Polish) Legendary Capt Jerzy Swirski

Stage 1: (7 Stars Needed)

• Task 1 - Earn 3.5 Million Credits (T8-T10 EU Ships) = 2 Stars
  • Task 4 - Earn 60,000 Capt XP (T8-T10 Ships) = 1 Star
  • Final Task - Receive 15 Million Potential Damage (T8-T10 Ships) = Unlocks Stage 2 + 1 Million Credits

Stage 2: (8 Stars Needed)

• Task 3 - Earn 17,500 FXP in WINS (T8-T10 Cruisers) = 2 Stars
  • Task 5 - Earn 50,000 XP (T8-T10 Ships) = 1 Star
  • Final Task - Earn 2.5 Million Credits (T8-T10 Ships) = Unlocks Stage 3 + 3 Days Premium TIme

Stage 3: (9 Stars Needed)

• Task 2 - Earn 15,000 BXP (T8-T10 EU Ships) = 2 Stars
  • Task 5 - Earn 6 Million Credits (T9-T10 Ships) = 2 Stars
  • Final Task - Earn 75,000 Capt XP (T8-T10 Ships) = Unlocks Stage 4 + 5000 Coal

Stage 4: (10 Stars Needed)

• Task 2 - Earn 5.5 Million Credits (T8-T10 Cruisers) = 2 Stars
  • Task 4 - Earn 35,000 FXP (T9-T10 Ships) = 1 Star
  • Final Task - Cause 1 Million Damage (T8-T10 Ships) = Unlocks Stage 5 + 500 Steel

Stage 5: (10 Stars Needed)

• Task 1 - Earn 150,000 XP (T8-T10 EU Ships) =  2 Stars
  • Task 5 - Earn 100,000 Capt XP (T9-T10 Ships) = 1 Star
  • Final Task - Earn 10,000 BXP (T8-T10 Ships) = 10pt Jerzy Swirski
Edited by AdmiralThunder
  • Cool 23
  • Boring 1

[ARGSY]
Members
23,285 posts
17,234 battles

Excellent summation and reminder, @AdmiralThunder. I have just posted a full strategy guide for those who play all modes over in the Game Guides section, but your work is an invaluable summary for those who are co-op only.

• Cool 2
  • Boring 6

[PVE]
Members
10,910 posts
18,866 battles

So Co op Cash Don't matter. I will cover the complaint department and I will make it simple. I pay for premium time, which entitles me to mount 3 tasks. WG in it's infinite wisdom only has 2 available tasks for Co op. Thanks for the reduced premium time value WOWs.

• Cool 1

[ARGSY]
Members
23,285 posts
17,234 battles
3 minutes ago, Sovereigndawg said:

I pay for premium time, which entitles me to mount 3 tasks. WG in it's infinite wisdom only has 2 available tasks for Co op. Thanks for the reduced premium time value WOWs.

If you haven't done the Halsey campaign yet, you could be loading one of the PVE-compatible tasks and making progress through that on the side. Just saying.

• Cool 1

[EQRN]
Members
2,208 posts
19,737 battles

Anyone think it odd given the Scenario xp/credit nerfs, they’re still not counting for this campaign?

[ARGSY]
Members
23,285 posts
17,234 battles
1 minute ago, FrodoFraggin said:

Anyone think it odd given the Scenario xp/credit nerfs, they’re still not counting for this campaign?

The campaign is Tier 8 and above only, and there are no active T8 scenarios in game.

[PVE]
Members
10,910 posts
18,866 battles
7 minutes ago, Ensign_Cthulhu said:

If you haven't done the Halsey campaign yet, you could be loading one of the PVE-compatible tasks and making progress through that on the side. Just saying.

I pretty much play everyday for the past 4 years, I do have some tasks that are not complete but they all have to do with CVs which I don't even use yet. How PVE players are treated by WG has soured the game recently for me.

Edited by Sovereigndawg
  • Cool 1

[ARGSY]
Members
23,285 posts
17,234 battles
3 minutes ago, Sovereigndawg said:

How PVE players are treated by WG has soured the game recently for me.

Are you referring to the scenarios, or to other things as well?

In the last two years, PvE has increasingly been allowed into the major events (through directives) and the most recent permanent campaign. Yes, it is still shut out of some things, either relatively through difficulty or absolutely through exclusion. But the degree of shut-out is FAR less than before the British DD event.

I'm still playing above Tier 4 BECAUSE of what WG has done for PvE, or I'd be spamming Ishizuchi in co-op until the cows came home and not caring about randoms or the major events.

I'm not playing scenarios any more because I'm as likely to get an utterly garbage team as a competent one. Where were the expert players who could leaven the mix? In off-rotation divisions, power-grinding for free and commander XP.

• Boring 1

[HELLS]
Members
2,796 posts
30,389 battles
5 minutes ago, SteelRain_Rifleman said:

So for now, a no win scenario.

Not really, just along bloody grind for co-op players. I'll do what i can but I have zero intention of concentrating on this exclusively because you get burnt out and stale.

[PVE]
Members
10,910 posts
18,866 battles
1 hour ago, Ensign_Cthulhu said:

Are you referring to the scenarios, or to other things as well?

Other things and scenarios. What really irked me was being excluded from the EU containers for watching live broadcasts. That's 10 containers for the EU DDs that I couldn't get. I was 70 tokens short of the next ship, so even with the lame dice roll involved with the containers, I would have had at least one more of the ships. I was going to play some random battles the last two days of the event but just couldn't bring myself to hit the battle button on a mode that I quit because it killed the fun of the game. Randoms consist of people that are playing the game for different reasons, thus making up teams that are generally not a team, or at least not one that is working together towards the same goal. There is more teamwork and camaraderie in Co op, where it is generally every man for himself.

I play the same game but a different mode than was intended. I just want to be treated the same for my time. A random player that spends money should not be treated any different than a Co op player that spends money. WG should recognize it and develop Co op happily and not begrudgingly, The PVE aspect of the game brings in money after all, which is the goal of a company right?

I'm not asking for better rewards just the ability to obtain the same goals as If I was a Random main. It wouldn't hurt to have some achievements for Co op.

Edited by Sovereigndawg
  • Cool 3

[USCGC]
[USCGC]
Members
827 posts
7,428 battles
15 minutes ago, Sovereigndawg said:

Other things and scenarios. What really irked me was being excluded from the EU containers for watching live broadcasts. That's 10 containers for the EU DDs that I couldn't get. I was 70 tokens short of the next ship, so even with the lame dice roll involved with the containers, I would have had at least one more of the ships. I was going to play some random battles the last two days of the event but just couldn't bring myself to hit the battle button on a mode that I quit because it killed the fun of the game. Randoms consist of people that are playing the game for different reasons, thus making up teams that are generally not a team, or at least not one that is working together towards the same goal. There is more teamwork and camaraderie in Co op, where it is generally every man for himself.

I play the same game but a different mode than was intended. I just want to be treated the same for my time. A random player that spends money should not be treated any different than a Co op player that spends money. WG should recognize it and develop Co op happily and not begrudgingly, The PVE aspect of the game brings in money after all, which is the goal of a company right?

Indeed, I have similar feelings about PvE as well.  Plus one to you sir!

The Twitch mission exclusion chafes at me as well.

[PVE]
Members
1,482 posts
42,177 battles

The campaign is Tier 8 and above only, and there are no active T8 scenarios in game.

This is the only thing I don`t like.

New campaigns should be for T-5 and up.

• Cool 1

[-TKS-]
Members
3,354 posts
17,513 battles

For those who have been playing since the beginning it's become very obvious that WG is pushing players into playing high tiers. In doing so, those tiers have become saturated with incompetent players. 
If you are like me and have no intention of playing the Euro DD line why bother wasting your time on this campaign? It's real intention is to whittle down your credits, camo and flags. 

Ever been to Dave and Bustter's?   You pay $50 to play games for a couple of hours and then exchange your hoard of won tickets for a $3.00 prize.  

Edited by STINKWEED_
  • Cool 1

[WOLF8]
Members
7,845 posts
6,598 battles

I'm just gonna do ONLY the Task 1 of the Stage 1. I believe the reward is some Capt XP, IIRC. However, that's it... and I won't go any further. I don't have any Tier VIII+ Pan-EU DD's, and I have no intention of grinding for any of them. I have Visby, and that's good enough for me to get a sample taste and a gist of what the whole line is roughly about. Therefore, Swirski would be a huge waste to grind for myself. :Smile_smile:

The fact that PvE mains getting a short end of the stick for the Campaigns is indeed a sad... but an old news, TBH. It's always been like that. I mean, just look at the Hasey campaign; it's the same deal, lol. :Smile_smile:

[WOLFC]
Members
2,533 posts
10,981 battles
49 minutes ago, cecill611 said:

This is the only thing I don`t like.

New campaigns should be for T-5 and up.

This is nothing new, though. Both the Yamamoto and Halsey campaigns, which also award legendary commanders, are restricted to tier VIII+ (some of the tasks are tier IX-X.)

[USCGC]
[USCGC]
Members
827 posts
7,428 battles
Just now, Nevermore135 said:

This is nothing new, though. Both the Yamamoto and Halsey campaigns, which also award legendary commanders, are restricted to tier VIII+ (some of the tasks are tier IX-X.)

Correct. And between the two, only Halsey can be completed in PvE.

[EQRN]
Members
2,208 posts
19,737 battles
5 hours ago, Ensign_Cthulhu said:

Your are correct.  

However, WG has never, as far as I can recall, issued restrictions based on what is currently available, but rather what could be available.  Ranked isn’t running at the moment, but the Ranked battles are “allowed”.  There are 3 Ops which could have T8 ships (very limited on which T8s, admittedly) and what this is telling me is, even if they were in the rotation, they would not be able to contribute towards Campaigns.

Members
877 posts
6,656 battles
On 4/10/2020 at 10:32 AM, GrandAdmiral_2016 said:

Not really, just along bloody grind for co-op players. I'll do what i can but I have zero intention of concentrating on this exclusively because you get burnt out and stale.

One of the things that's frustrated me is that all these events like to build on earlier ones, so if the RNG screwed you on container rewards in earlier event (so say you don't have any T8+ Eu ships), you'll have to grind up to the required ships just to get started.  One upside is we've got 6 months to finish this campaign, but it still sucks at times.  I don't have the time (typically 10-12 hour days) to grind for hours each day just to get into position.  Like I said, it sucks, but I'll try to enjoy what I can, and if I finish then fine.  If not, I'll live.  Swirski will be available for coal in 6 months anyway.

[CMFRT]
[CMFRT]
Banned
16,985 posts

Let's see...

• Only two Tasks in each Stage available to Co-op
  • Restricting the two-star Task in every other Stage to EU ships, which means there's a single DD line and one FXP ship that count
  • The tier 8+ requirement  ( And remember kids, NTC/RB is to "encourage lower-tier play"  :Smile_smile: )
  • The extra-paltry Co-op "economy"

Add that up, and you get a giant middle finger from WG to PVE mains.  

At least with the quote-unquote "inflation" on FXP-bought ships, I could skip from the tier VI to the tier VIII EU DD -- it's not like I was ever going to spend that FXP on the bloated ridiculous 2-million FXP costs for ships now.  

• Cool 1

[--O--]
Members
994 posts

You can technically obtain the new Capt in coop by just doing the coop missions over and over to earn the stars. But the other missions to get those rewards you need to play the randoms.

[CMFRT]
[CMFRT]
Banned
16,985 posts
4 minutes ago, Mustangrde1 said:

You can technically obtain the new Capt in coop by just doing the coop missions over and over to earn the stars. But the other missions to get those rewards you need to play the randoms.

Of course, the Tasks are repeatable.  It's not a lockout, it's just making it a choice between a very long grind, or a very painful grind.  

[ARGSY]
Members
23,285 posts
17,234 battles
1 hour ago, KilljoyCutter said:

Add that up, and you get a giant middle finger from WG to PVE mains.  

Really?

Get back to me about how easy it is to complete the Yamamoto and Shinonome campaigns in co-op. Or how easy it was to complete the Indianapolis Marathon and other such events in co-op, prior to Directives. Or North Cape. Or Hunt for Bismarck. Or Graf Spee, if you were absolutely dedicated NEVER to entering Random Battles.

Then talk to me about how you've been so cruelly middle-fingered by WG.

• Boring 3

[USCGC]
[USCGC]
Members
827 posts
7,428 battles

Really?

Get back to me about how easy it is to complete the Yamamoto and Shinonome campaigns in co-op. Or how easy it was to complete the Indianapolis Marathon and other such events in co-op, prior to Directives. Or North Cape. Or Hunt for Bismarck. Or Graf Spee, if you were absolutely dedicated NEVER to entering Random Battles.

Then talk to me about how you've been so cruelly middle-fingered by WG.

:fish_palm:

You can't complete any of those in co-op. I fail to see what your point is.

[PVE]
Members
13,398 posts
28,050 battles
1 hour ago, Diesel_Thunder said:

:fish_palm:

You can't complete any of those in co-op. I fail to see what your point is.

I think it is a sad attempt to say be thankful you can at least do this one in Co-op as you couldn't the ones listed. Anything to take WG's side for that one.

• Cool 3