Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Sweetsie

New Euro DD line, same build for all ships?

42 comments in this topic

Members
7,122 posts
22,139 battles

Basically as the title says, does each ship have the same build and if so, any tips? Starting this line at tier 7 (fxp) Are there any oddballs like the Mogami in the line? Not entirely excited about these ships but it is new content. I also have 3 ten point Blyska captains ready to be inserted after getting a ton of them in Santa Crates three years ago...kek.

Thanks in advance!

Members
755 posts
72 battles
15 minutes ago, Joyous_Vibes said:

Basically as the title says, does each ship have the same build and if so, any tips? Starting this line at tier 7 (fxp) Are there any oddballs like the Mogami in the line? Not entirely excited about these ships but it is new content. I also have 3 ten point Blyska captains ready to be inserted after getting a ton of them in Santa Crates three years ago...kek.

Thanks in advance!

Go torp reload SE CE RL . No BFT or AFT or DE.

• Cool 1

[CYNIC]
Members
2,945 posts
7,868 battles

Sold the whole line through T7 --- found the skane anemic, extremely underwhelming even against T6 aircraft.  Crap turret traverse, lethargic acceleration, pathetic range, jokes for torps, no smoke or hydro, no thanks.  Frenchies part deux

Edited by CV_Jeebies

Members
7,122 posts
22,139 battles
33 minutes ago, CV_Jeebies said:

Sold the whole line through T7 --- found the skane anemic, extremely underwhelming even against T6 aircraft.  Crap turret traverse, lethargic acceleration, pathetic range, jokes for torps, no smoke or hydro, no thanks.  Frencies part deux

Funny you said that, I have two games in the Skane and I done with the entire line. What a waste. I could have nuked a Lyon with 46k health and was afraid that my 6 torps wouldn't kill it......I have shot close to 100 torps total and not landed one.

[CYNIC]
Members
2,945 posts
7,868 battles
21 minutes ago, Joyous_Vibes said:

Funny you said that, I have two games in the Skane and I done with the entire line. What a waste. I could have nuked a Lyon with 46k health and was afraid that my 6 torps wouldn't kill it......I have shot close to 100 torps total and not landed one.

Skane is a real bass-turd of a ship  -- I keep hearing the joke of "stealth torp boat" thrown around -- you can do far more damage with the guns, if it didn't have T5 range.  The fact T6 aircraft laugh at the T7 version which has zero means to break detection or shoot down a lower tier aircraft is a joke.  WGs idea of unique and balance is a joke.  Chappy can stealth radar and be "balanced", yet the guns on a ship it will face, the skane in this instance, can't even shoot that far.  We've got the blind watching for the deaf while the deaf are listening for the blind.

It's okay though, they'll go and balance it where the deaf will do the looking while signing to the blind, and the blind will do the hearing while speaking to the deaf.  Hey, it's unique, right??

Edited by CV_Jeebies

[LRT]
Members
178 posts
9,609 battles

I found after playing the EU dd’s a while I found what worked for each ship and had some really good games. Worked my way up to the Halland.

Members
7,122 posts
22,139 battles

0-5 in Skane, four tops on a King George for 18k damage. A tier 7 BB......

No thanks...

Members
7,122 posts
22,139 battles

Ironically, the only thing these things are good at is AA, but in my limited games so far at this tier 1 of 5 games had CV's....(no one playing CV's right now where as before these CV's were in 80% of the games at this tier) which further worsens these ships. Their strength makes them weaker by existing.

[CVA16]
Members
6,207 posts
19,108 battles
55 minutes ago, Joyous_Vibes said:

Ironically, the only thing these things are good at is AA, but in my limited games so far at this tier 1 of 5 games had CV's....(no one playing CV's right now where as before these CV's were in 80% of the games at this tier) which further worsens these ships. Their strength makes them weaker by existing.

Like any boat balanced on great AA/DFAA. Easily becomes a worthless skill in most games. Whereas weak AA ships are at a disadvantage when the planes show up but their balance factors (other than stealth) are still useful even with planes buzzing around.

If you want to face CVs, you have to play T4.

[RBMK2]
[RBMK2]
Members
618 posts
12,529 battles

I'm enjoying them so far here's my build thoughts

1pt: Pick PT or PM whichever you prefer.

2 pt: LS is mandatory. EM really helps keep guns in target on a turn, but AR is nice for the DPM. Sucks you have to make this choice

3 pt: SE, SI, BFT & TE all have valid uses. I am going with SE & SI since I like having more HP. Personally I wouldn't go for the gun build ymmv.

4 pt: CE is mandatory, and for that 4pt  skill I still haven't decided. AFT would be nice to extend the gun range, but see above. RL is preferred by some, PS can help with you AA which is already really good.

Members
7,122 posts
22,139 battles

Overall I am very happy with it. I think the 10 million in credits and 250kfreexp was a bargain at twice the price. I am seriously considering this ship as my main for the upcoming ranked season.

l0KBzgQ.png

• Funny 1

Members
763 posts
14,046 battles

I started having pretty good luck starting with at the Skane. Then with the Oland it seemed everything I thought I had figured out went out the window and I had to start out again playing differently. Being up tiered is not friendly with this line. I also found it weird that the torp aiming was so different even though they have the same torp speed. When I figured it out however things started to really click and fall together. So far I've like the Oland the best. It may be I'm more comfortable playing within those tiers IDK.  Playing the Östergötland presented a whole new set of figuring it out hair pulling tactics. Again things that were working pretty consistently with the others didn't seem to anymore.  That may have a lot to do with the lower tier reds playing do-te-do I'm sailing my ship vs. the higher tier red playing you're aiming at me. You shot torps didn't you. I may have a handle on Östergötland now but I'm still playing around with it. I'll not FXP to Halland. I'm going to put my time in. Hopefully the same torp speed between those two will not have the same effect the previous VII-VIII did.

I'm going with an unconventional build. Uni players may say differently. They do know more than me and could probably speak better on the matter of captain/ship builds. But after tinkering around it's what's working for me.Torp reload is fast enough don't need to waste a skill on that. When you get smacked you really get smacked with your pants around your ankles. No need even trying to get out of it. Your HP is gone, your rudder is gone, you're burning like a Cali brush fire. That is IF you happen to make it away from any and all threats.  Therefore I opted out of getting survivability expert for more consumables and a faster reload of those. I also like keeping my distance and the option of a speedy getaway. And of course planes, gotta at least try to shoot down those :etc_swear:planes.    

19point captain   https://worldofwarships.com/en/content/captains-skills/?skills=1,9,12,13,17,18,20&ship=Destroyer

• Cool 1

Members
7,122 posts
22,139 battles
16 minutes ago, HyPHerFaZe said:

I started having pretty good luck starting with at the Skane. Then with the Oland it seemed everything I thought I had figured out went out the window and I had to start out again playing differently. Being up tiered is not friendly with this line. I also found it weird that the torp aiming was so different even though they have the same torp speed. When I figured it out however things started to really click and fall together. So far I've like the Oland the best. It may be I'm more comfortable playing within those tiers IDK.  Playing the Östergötland presented a whole new set of figuring it out hair pulling tactics. Again things that were working pretty consistently with the others didn't seem to anymore.  That may have a lot to do with the lower tier reds playing do-te-do I'm sailing my ship vs. the higher tier red playing you're aiming at me. You shot torps didn't you. I may have a handle on Östergötland now but I'm still playing around with it. I'll not FXP to Halland. I'm going to put my time in. Hopefully the same torp speed between those two will not have the same effect the previous VII-VIII did.

I'm going with an unconventional build. Uni players may say differently. They do know more than me and could probably speak better on the matter of captain/ship builds. But after tinkering around it's what's working for me.Torp reload is fast enough don't need to waste a skill on that. When you get smacked you really get smacked with your pants around your ankles. No need even trying to get out of it. Your HP is gone, your rudder is gone, you're burning like a Cali brush fire. That is IF you happen to make it away from any and all threats.  Therefore I opted out of getting survivability expert for more consumables and a faster reload of those. I also like keeping my distance and the option of a speedy getaway. And of course planes, gotta at least try to shoot down those :etc_swear:planes.    

19point captain   https://worldofwarships.com/en/content/captains-skills/?skills=1,9,12,13,17,18,20&ship=Destroyer

I am leaning towards a build consisting of 

IFHE, RL and concealment. Either SE or Vigilance, LS, and PM and PT.

77 hits for 20k damage is terrible. Something needs to do damage is my torps don't. With fire chance so low anyway, I am not giving up that much that can't be compensated by using flags.

[-HEL-]
Beta Testers
250 posts
8,319 battles

I've had some really good games with the Flatpack Destroyers. You have no smoke so you have to was your detection ring but you can harass really well with the torps. Your guns are slow to traverse so you really have to pick your fights and/or div up with another DD that has smoke. Their AA is powerful at high tiers and if you keep your AA off until the carrier detects you, then you can trap the planes in hailstorm of death and wave the middle finger at the CV. To sum up the line is an AA support/Torpedo Harassment line. This line has taught me a lot about stealthy DD play.

Members
763 posts
14,046 battles
22 minutes ago, Joyous_Vibes said:

I am leaning towards a build consisting of 

IFHE, RL and concealment. Either SE or Vigilance, LS, and PM and PT.

77 hits for 20k damage is terrible. Something needs to do damage is my torps don't. With fire chance so low anyway, I am not giving up that much that can't be compensated by using flags.

Why would you take Vigilance? You don't have smoke so unless you're eating random torps it is completely unnecessary. The thing is with these DDs They're slow, awkward and have a very low health pool. I've found that shooting the guns is risky business in the best of scenarios. Anything with line of sight will usually blap you hard.  That is why I'm opting for longer firing range. At least this way I'm stand-offish enough I can possibly maneuver enough to mitigate incoming damage or at least go dark. It's also giving me the same effective gun range as my torps. PT over PM will work better if you're not as effective or comfortable dodging incoming fire. IFHE I would never consider. I'll never fire my guns unless red was already burning to ded just to finish them off or in the extreme instance of who is gonna die first. The support role is real with these DDs. They are not run and gun knife fighting DDs. Rather they're stealthy torping machine guns. However map awareness is way more effective than RL. These torps have such a soft touch you need and want to be assured target not just tossing them out there all willy-nilly getting a hit here and there. You want the entirety of a narrow spread to hit stern to bow. The red will take notice then rather than laugh at you. If you go all in shoot'um up bang bang I promise you you'll be grabbing the short end of the stick.  Rather you need to pick and choose targets wisely. Then you may find the results you're looking for.        

Capture1post.png

Capture2post.png

Capturepost.png

Members
7,122 posts
22,139 battles
16 minutes ago, HyPHerFaZe said:

Why would you take Vigilance? You don't have smoke so unless you're eating random torps it is completely unnecessary. The thing is with these DDs They're slow, awkward and have a very low health pool. 

That's why. You answered your own question. Cannot afford to eat torps. As a front line ship Vigilance is arguably the most valuable tool you can provide your team. Especially with more of these super fast torps in the game.

[SRBL]
Members
545 posts
14,308 battles
5 hours ago, Oldschool_Gaming_YT said:

Go torp reload SE CE RL . No BFT or AFT or DE.

This is the one I'm running based on your reco.

PT, LS, AR, SE, TAE, CE, RL. Has been working great, so far up to T8.

• Cool 1

Members
755 posts
72 battles
On 4/10/2020 at 8:34 PM, Tom_Greg said:

This is the one I'm running based on your reco.

PT, LS, AR, SE, TAE, CE, RL. Has been working great, so far up to T8.

I will upload Östergötland video in the coming days. Manage to get 14 point Jerzi in a crate so im grinding the last skill RL right now. He is great for these ships. I trigger his special torp reload skill every game.

• Cool 1

[SRBL]
Members
545 posts
14,308 battles
54 minutes ago, Oldschool_Gaming_YT said:

I will upload Östergötland video in the coming days. Manage to get 14 point Jerzi in a crate so im grinding the last skill RL right now. He is great for these ships. I trigger his special torp reload skill every game.

Looking forward to the vid, been very helpful so far. Thanks.

[--O--]
Members
994 posts

To be honest I've been playing with multiple builds on Holland, 25 games in and my Kills are 50/50 guns torps. But of all my DD's this is the lowest damage output per game I own. The alpha on torps is just horrible and NO SKILL will help with that, then again Holland never had torps."Only a Buff to alpha damage of them in the game would help"

So that in mind I had been trying to use skills to increase guns BUT they just do not have the range "actual range should be 19.1km" but even with skills to you cannot really do much to help them. 

So what to do when both offensive tools are really garbage for a t-10 match, and you have no smoke to compensate?

Looking at the remainder of the skills do any really help with these ships?

Lets not talk about the standard 4 skills everyone should take on a dd and look to what helps.

So Line 1 is done.
Line 2 Expert Marksman cant hurt
Line 3 Survivability Expert is almost a must with these boats as you have no defensive options (No hydro, No Radar, No Smoke) so using your guns is going to get you hit and you need every HIT POINT you can muster.
Line 4 Radio Location to try and allow you to maintain stealth torping or keep from being detected.

[HTDGS]
Members
537 posts
11,477 battles

Having played the entire line from 5-10, here's my thoughts:

The basic build of PT, LS, SE, CE is fine as a base. 

For T5-7 (possibly even T8, depending on your playstyle):  RL, EM, SI

For T(8)-10: RL, TAE/SI, AR.  

I've found the survivability in lower tiers is pretty poor since the AA is pretty underwhelming, so I enjoyed having extra heals.  The EM skill is quite valuable since your turret traverse is SLOW at the lower tiers.

Higher tiers don't sweat survivability since they have AA that will at least begin to deter many CVs (determined ones will still strike you) so that 4th heal isn't as necessary.  EM is pointless at the higher tiers with the improved turret traverse and the overall reliance on torpedo damage.

Things that really don't make much sense for the PE DDs are BFT (at higher tiers at least), DE or AFT.  The guns are merely self defense vs DDs or fire starters when you've drawn out a DCP on a capital ship.  BFT is such a diminishing return at higher tiers in terms of reload speed.  AFT is useless due to the floaty shells being relatively difficult to position at longer ranges already.  DE is a waste of 3 points since you're not going to do most of your damage with fires or guns.  

Let's not even discuss IFHE.....

So, basically, I've built a couple different captains:

T5-8: PT, LS, SE, CE, RL, SI, EM

T9-10: PT, LS, SE, CE, RL, SI/TAE (depending on playstyle, I'm still up in the air about this), AR

[EQRN]
Members
2,210 posts
19,870 battles

Turrets are real slow at low to mid tiers, but get better at 7.  If you spec EM early, I think you’ll be respec-ing ($) out of it at some point.

[BUOY]
Members
1,232 posts
16,297 battles

Line stops being very different from each other after the Vasteras, 7-10 are all 2x turrets, 2x torps.

Sign in to follow this