You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
DefundedUser_1036628598

Shells falling short: Lock-on bug is back with a VENGEANCE

112 comments in this topic

Banned
259 posts
5,950 battles

Who else gets the impression that the shells are falling very much not where they aimed for in very very many volleys this patch? They fall short, as a rule.

Edited by FixCVs
  • Cool 9
  • Funny 1
  • Boring 1

[1984]
Members
4,482 posts
21,506 battles
20 minutes ago, FixCVs said:

Who else gets the impression that the shells are falling very much not where they aimed for in very very many volleys this patch? The fall short, as a rule.

This has been the case for a while now. The shells do not land where the aim circle is. Maybe its the dispersion from camo/modules because in ops the shells generally land where one aims and the bots dont have camo.

• Cool 1

[PSP]
[PSP]
Members
14,479 posts
27 minutes ago, FixCVs said:

Who else gets the impression that the shells are falling very much not where they aimed for in very very many volleys this patch? The fall short, as a rule.

Do a test in the training room and collect some data to see if this is actually the case or if it's just your perception. Also, check your FPS and ping as if your computer is slow or your connection is lagging then you may not be aiming where you think you are.

• Cool 2

Members
1,226 posts
5,930 battles

WG denies it exists despite numerous people reporting experiencing it on numerous separate occasions. There has been a number of threads on this very subject in the past few months and that's always been the response.

For example this thread

And this one: 

Edited by Tekina_
  • Cool 5

Community Department
3,330 posts
1,300 battles
3 minutes ago, Tekina_ said:

WG denies it exists despite numerous people reporting experiencing it on numerous separate occasions. There has been a number of threads on this very subject in the past few months and that's always been the response.

We check all reports and tickets with possible bugs which may affect players. If there were reliable information we would have already set a bug. 

• Boring 4

Members
1,226 posts
5,930 battles

You had well respected players like Destroyer_KuroshioKai calling it out who said that they submitted replays and all he got was a "we will look at it". Of course months later the bug still exists despite the denial of it by WG staff. 

• Cool 1
  • Boring 1

[OVRPN]
Members
763 posts
11 minutes ago, turbo07 said:

We check all reports and tickets with possible bugs which may affect players. If there were reliable information we would have already set a bug. 

how do you ignore the video examples posted on reddit or by twitch streamers in clips?

• Cool 1

Community Department
3,330 posts
1,300 battles
4 minutes ago, Tekina_ said:

You had well respected players like Destroyer_KuroshioKai calling it out who said that they submitted replays and all he got was a "we will look at it". Of course months later the bug still exists despite the denial of it by WG staff. 

That can not be subjective anyhow. If bug exists, it would have been discovered and reported by a number of players already. 
But we still don't have reliable evidence at the moment. Thank you for the links, but it's not the way we may start our investigation only based on written opinions without facts.  

• Cool 2
  • Boring 5

[WOLF5]
Members
1,361 posts
10,479 battles

This is so interesting as in the last few days I have repeatedly thought that, from time to time, my shells were falling short. In some cases even at short range on a broadside target in Coop battles....

[REVY]
Members
2,634 posts
14,446 battles
12 minutes ago, fourteenfour said:

how do you ignore the video examples posted on reddit or by twitch streamers in clips?

did those posters and streamers actually submit the replay of those battles to WG?

Why does WG need to actively search through the many various sites to find clips and videos that people post saying they are proof of something?

If people believe there is an issue they need to open a ticket and send the replay/video evidence directly to WG.

Yet another post of someone claiming something and when a replay is asked for none is forthcoming.

• Cool 1
  • Boring 1

Community Department
3,330 posts
1,300 battles

We have no interest in hiding possible bugs or preventing somehow the investigation.
If this is a bug, it is extremely important to fix it fast, so we will highly appreciate any constructive feedback on this topic as I wrote in the beginning.

• Funny 2
  • Boring 3

[D-PN]
Members
691 posts
4,543 battles

I know of at least two people who submitted replays to WG about this issue and both got the "We will look into it" [edited] response from WG.

That was two months ago.

• Cool 1
  • Boring 1

Members
1,226 posts
5,930 battles
15 minutes ago, turbo07 said:

That can not be subjective anyhow. If bug exists, it would have been discovered and reported by a number of players already. 
But we still don't have reliable evidence at the moment. Thank you for the links, but it's not the way we may start our investigation only based on written opinions without facts.  

So you are just going to ignore the screenshots and replays in those threads like you all did the first time they were posted, you know, the evidence and facts you are supposedly asking for? Sounds about right.

• Cool 1
  • Boring 1

[PVE]
Members
13,417 posts
28,137 battles

It happens a LOT to me in Co-op. Perfectly lined up shot and every darn shell falls short of the target by quite a bit. Very annoying on a BB with long reloads. I am pretty sure this issue started when WG made the aiming reticule "better".

They know it exists but refuse to admit it and apparently fix it despite claims here to the contrary.

• Cool 1

Members
1,728 posts
11,839 battles
7 minutes ago, turbo07 said:

We have no interest in hiding possible bugs or preventing somehow the investigation.
If this is a bug, it is extremely important to fix it fast, so we will highly appreciate any constructive feedback on this topic as I wrote in the beginning.

can you explain why my shells are landing so short and why i have to aim so high on an enemy ship just to barely hit them?  they were stopping and not changing direction.   also note some of their shells not rendering.

or what about the issue where someone beaches, you aim at the back of their ship as with their butt pointing at you an example, and not only do all your shots miss, they fly well over the target and land a ways on to the island.   that issue has only been around as long as i have been playing and i see it every patch.

• Cool 5

[-DF-]
Beta Testers
3,497 posts
6,608 battles
1 minute ago, AdmiralThunder said:

It happens a LOT to me in Co-op. Perfectly lined up shot and every darn shell falls short of the target by quite a bit. Very annoying on a BB with long reloads. I am pretty sure this issue started when WG made the aiming reticule "better".

They know it exists but refuse to admit it and apparently fix it despite claims here to the contrary.

As much as I like to bag on WG, I'm pretty sure this is something they would fix/acknowledge if they could reproduce it.  There's very little reason not to.

It might be something that's network/latency related.  Those are the most difficult things to find and even with a replay, the client is probably doing what it thinks it should but it's just slightly out of step with the server.  So the replay doesn't really help.  Maybe.

• Cool 1

[REVY]
Members
2,634 posts
14,446 battles
15 minutes ago, MajorEnglush said:

I know of at least two people who submitted replays to WG about this issue and both got the "We will look into it" [edited] response from WG.

That was two months ago.

Which is good.

But 2 people is a drop in the bucket compared to how many battles occur on the server each day.

Remember, WG looks at numbers. Statistically, if only 2 are reporting an issue out of say 5,000 battles a day (I'm just estimating here) they may look at it, but it may not be a priority.

But if 100+ are reporting an issue, then they are going to drop what they are doing and take a closer look as something is out of the norm.

20 minutes ago, Raven114 said:

Never had the problem.....

Me either.

I had noticed one BB line did tend to fall short when aiming at the water line, but compensating for that drop made me believe it was a line quirk as it was there on the lines launch and thought nothing more of it.

[SIDE]
Members
4,939 posts
25 minutes ago, Lord_Slayer said:

did those posters and streamers actually submit the replay of those battles to WG?

Why does WG need to actively search through the many various sites to find clips and videos that people post saying they are proof of something?

If people believe there is an issue they need to open a ticket and send the replay/video evidence directly to WG.

Yet another post of someone claiming something and when a replay is asked for none is forthcoming.

Unicum, super-ego's man.

Members
712 posts

I have seen this infrequently, pretty much ALWAYS happens when 2+ red ships are in very close proximity. I assumed it was me locking on to wrong ship. I will pay more attention and drop in a replay if warranted.

• Cool 1

[REVY]
Members
2,634 posts
14,446 battles
8 minutes ago, Frederick_The_Great said:

can you explain why my shells are landing so short and why i have to aim so high on an enemy ship just to barely hit them?  they were stopping and not changing direction.   also note some of their shells not rendering.

or what about the issue where someone beaches, you aim at the back of their ship as with their butt pointing at you an example, and not only do all your shots miss, they fly well over the target and land a ways on to the island.   that issue has only been around as long as i have been playing and i see it every patch.

looking at the video, the Smolensk is angled and slowing/reversing. After the first salvos began to land, you adjusted aim and your shells hit. Minotaur has arcing guns and at that range they are going to be coming down at more of an angle towards the deck, vs say a German cruiser that has a flatter arc and comes in more to the ships side. Yes the first salvo missed the ship, but I'm not really seeing anything here.

[DRFTR]
Beta Testers
3,919 posts

well .. all we can do at this point.. if you see this in game GRAB YOUR REPLAY.. and create a ticket... then come to this thread and confirm that you did so.

• Cool 2

Members
1,728 posts
11,839 battles
11 minutes ago, Lord_Slayer said:

looking at the video, the Smolensk is angled and slowing/reversing. After the first salvos began to land, you adjusted aim and your shells hit. Minotaur has arcing guns and at that range they are going to be coming down at more of an angle towards the deck, vs say a German cruiser that has a flatter arc and comes in more to the ships side. Yes the first salvo missed the ship, but I'm not really seeing anything here.

They weren't reversing when i started shooting.  They were coasting forward to a stop.  It wasn't until half way through the vid they started going backwards.  I am aiming midship on a near stationary, not well angled ship and the shells are landing well short of the target. you can see it in the shell splashes. You dont aim at the guns or superstructer to get a shell to land on or near a cit.  Even if the first shots missed because he coasted away(too far off imo) the shots where they completely stopped have no excuse of just landing well short.

I played a lot of mino games in the last few months and i know how those shells, let alone any other cruisers guns work.  That wasn't normal.

Edited by Frederick_The_Great
  • Cool 2

[D-PN]
Members
691 posts
4,543 battles
20 minutes ago, Lord_Slayer said:

Which is good.

But 2 people is a drop in the bucket compared to how many battles occur on the server each day.

Remember, WG looks at numbers. Statistically, if only 2 are reporting an issue out of say 5,000 battles a day (I'm just estimating here) they may look at it, but it may not be a priority.

But if 100+ are reporting an issue, then they are going to drop what they are doing and take a closer look as something is out of the norm.

Very true.

I have noticed shots falling short but, tbh, I don't play that often and am mediocre at best, so I always just chalk it up to me sucking at aiming. :Smile_teethhappy: