You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Looxgood

Advice for WG - FIX CV...if you can't get rid of it.

99 comments in this topic

[RS]
Beta Testers
20 posts
6,098 battles

I've been playing WG games since 2013 - and started off as a beta tester for WoWS.  

I've seen good and bad but now this is getting really pointless to argue or defend the decision of CV rework.  

(CV was reworked because torpedo aircraft can literally kill a cruiser if it wants to?  Well, I don't see much changes at the moment).

This is my opinion only, but I've received a few warnings about my posts before - however, its coming from a player who stuck with you for last 7 years.  

I am sure many of players would share my view.  

• Cool 6
  • Boring 15

[-DF-]
Beta Testers
3,497 posts
6,608 battles

The CVs make all those new lines with actual AA seem all the more worthy of opening up your wallet.  They are doing EXACTLY what they are supposed to do.  And eventually, when that well runs dry, WG will open up the actual CV counter option box (fully monetized ofc) and then we can finally have something that actually works as a counter.

The surface ships are on the deliveree side of the frustration F2P gimmick.  Currently the CVs are on the deliverer side.  That will change :P

• Cool 1

[TARK]
Members
7,331 posts
3,036 battles
10 hours ago, Looxgood said:

I've been playing WG games since 2013 - and started off as a beta tester for WoWS.  

I've seen good and bad but now this is getting really pointless to argue or defend the decision of CV rework.  

(CV was reworked because torpedo aircraft can literally kill a cruiser if it wants to?  Well, I don't see much changes at the moment).

This is my opinion only, but I've received a few warnings about my posts before - however, its coming from a player who stuck with you for last 7 years.  

I am sure many of players would share my view.  

They don't know how to fix it...

10 hours ago, CommodoreKang said:

The CVs make all those new lines with actual AA seem all the more worthy of opening up your wallet.  They are doing EXACTLY what they are supposed to do.  And eventually, when that well runs dry, WG will open up the actual CV counter option box (fully monetized ofc) and then we can finally have something that actually works as a counter.

The surface ships are on the deliveree side of the frustration F2P gimmick.  Currently the CVs are on the deliverer side.  That will change :P

...and they don't want to.

...or need to.

People keep playing the game.

• Cool 3

[WTFB]
Members
278 posts
7 minutes ago, Daniel_Allan_Clark said:

They don't know how to fix it...

...and they don't want to.

...or need to.

People keep playing the game.

They do.....

.....they do.

.....they do.

I remember a huge drop off in players when the rework dropped. I doubt we will ever see the numbers pre-Cancer drop. I'll be interested to see what the numbers are when I log on tomorrow. Seeing as everyone on Earth is locked indoors. If those numbers are still lower, I'm going to laugh the entire time I play.

• Boring 3

[-DF-]
Beta Testers
3,497 posts
6,608 battles
2 minutes ago, Slyguy3129 said:

They do.....

.....they do.

.....they do.

I remember a huge drop off in players when the rework dropped. I doubt we will ever see the numbers pre-Cancer drop. I'll be interested to see what the numbers are when I log on tomorrow. Seeing as everyone on Earth is locked indoors. If those numbers are still lower, I'm going to laugh the entire time I play.

I think that many of the shenanigans and super power creep we're getting foisted upon us is very related to either the loss of players or loss of revenue associated with the CV rebork.  

Edited by CommodoreKang

[WTFB]
Members
278 posts
Just now, CommodoreKang said:

I think that many of the shenanigans and super power creep we're getting foisted upon us is very related to either the loss of players or loss of revenue associated with the CV rebork.  

I can't speak to that affect as I am just now coming back after a year long break. Saw they fixed the MM to not crapon tier VIII players (I have no desire to play with fake ships) so decided to give it another go. Especially since they have made it pretty much 1v1 CVs. Those two things brought me back. Hopefully the update will be downloaded tomorrow and I'll assess things. If it seems better, I'll stay, but I'm not anticipating it being better. Used to drop 20/30$ a month into the game. Haven't spent money on it in years now. Probably never will again.

[-DF-]
Beta Testers
3,497 posts
6,608 battles
2 minutes ago, Slyguy3129 said:

I can't speak to that affect as I am just now coming back after a year long break. Saw they fixed the MM to not crapon tier VIII players (I have no desire to play with fake ships) so decided to give it another go. Especially since they have made it pretty much 1v1 CVs. Those two things brought me back. Hopefully the update will be downloaded tomorrow and I'll assess things. If it seems better, I'll stay, but I'm not anticipating it being better. Used to drop 20/30$ a month into the game. Haven't spent money on it in years now. Probably never will again.

The player counts are so hard to really get a handle on.  It's been fairly steady I guess after the calamity of the rework.  And now....omg...it seems like everyone has come back and not sure how great that is for the game play.  Glad to have them back just not on my team please :P

And my wallet gets opened back up when we get a CV counter.  Not before.

• Cool 1
  • Boring 2

[RS]
Beta Testers
20 posts
6,098 battles
5 minutes ago, CommodoreKang said:

Yes, did you sense my sarcasm or fatigue of this situation.  

I've worked hard to get tier 10 DDs...and its been almost a year trying to figure out how to play this darn DD against CVs...still can't and I really am NOT enjoying this game anymore.  

Used to buy $100 pack for Annual Prem times for WoT, and hosts of other prem tanks and ships since 2013...ever since early this year, I've stopped buying Prem Time.

Not because I don't like the game, I simply do NOT enjoy the game anymore because of these "Game Breaking Mechanics" such as CVs.  

• Cool 4
  • Boring 1

[WTFB]
Members
278 posts
1 minute ago, Looxgood said:

Yes, did you sense my sarcasm or fatigue of this situation.  

I've worked hard to get tier 10 DDs...and its been almost a year trying to figure out how to play this darn DD against CVs...still can't and I really am NOT enjoying this game anymore.  

Used to buy $100 pack for Annual Prem times for WoT, and hosts of other prem tanks and ships since 2013...ever since early this year, I've stopped buying Prem Time.

Not because I don't like the game, I simply do NOT enjoy the game anymore because of these "Game Breaking Mechanics" such as CVs.  

We are brothers from different mothers.

[PSP]
[PSP]
Members
14,497 posts

11 minutes ago, Looxgood said:

I simply do NOT enjoy the game anymore because of these "Game Breaking Mechanics" such as CVs.  

And they just introduced CVs into the game too. No, wait...

• Funny 3
  • Boring 1

[TARK]
Members
7,331 posts
3,036 battles
38 minutes ago, Slyguy3129 said:

They do.....

.....they do.

.....they do.

Says the man who hasnt played in months.

As a player who has watched the rework development closely and seen WGs desperate attempts to make them 'behave'...

...they so do not understand even how the class functions in battle...to say nothing about understanding how to make it be what they want it to be.

[DOTM]
Beta Testers
2,028 posts
14,039 battles

Dear WG, if you can't fix DDs and their cancerous stealth, just get rid of them.

It works both ways. Aircraft (and radar) exist to counter DDs stealth fields.

• Cool 4
  • Boring 8

[-DF-]
Beta Testers
3,497 posts
6,608 battles
6 minutes ago, Zaydin said:

Dear WG, if you can't fix DDs and their cancerous stealth, just get rid of them.

It works both ways. Aircraft (and radar) exist to counter DDs stealth fields.

Yeah but what counters the CV?

• Cool 1

[WTFB]
Members
278 posts
10 minutes ago, Daniel_Allan_Clark said:

Says the man who hasnt played in months.

As a player who has watched the rework development closely and seen WGs desperate attempts to make them 'behave'...

...they so do not understand even how the class functions in battle...to say nothing about understanding how to make it be what they want it to be.

Yea, but had previously played since 13....

Of course they don't. They shouldn't even be on the map. Then again if the maps were bigger that wouldn't be an issue. Larger maps will let them "hide" from the surface fleet better and be more CV vs CV. Larger maps would also give the surface fleet a reprieve.

It should go back to the RTS like mode, and take away the instant retrieval mechanism, if that Cancer is still a thing.

There are plenty of ways to fix them. WG just does not want to accept that it means undoing all their awful work they had previously done with the rebork.

• Cool 2

[TARK]
Members
7,331 posts
3,036 battles
13 minutes ago, Slyguy3129 said:

Yea, but had previously played since 13....

Of course they don't. They shouldn't even be on the map. Then again if the maps were bigger that wouldn't be an issue. Larger maps will let them "hide" from the surface fleet better and be more CV vs CV. Larger maps would also give the surface fleet a reprieve.

It should go back to the RTS like mode, and take away the instant retrieval mechanism, if that Cancer is still a thing.

There are plenty of ways to fix them. WG just does not want to accept that it means undoing all their awful work they had previously done with the rebork.

They would need to work on the RTS UI...and stop being afraid of air superiority builds...and lower damage ouput.

...but yeah. They could have a functioning system...but they dont want it.

• Cool 1

[WTFB]
Members
278 posts
33 minutes ago, Daniel_Allan_Clark said:

They would need to work on the RTS UI...and stop being afraid of air superiority builds...and lower damage ouput.

...but yeah. They could have a functioning system...but they dont want it.

Yea the rework should have been a UI overhaul no doubt. Air Superiority was my jam. It's the only time in online gaming where I wanted to be strictly supporting role. Swat those little flies away from my friends and occasionally hit hard.

Another reason why I hate the rework lol. It (forcible penetrated it in a non consensual way) ( because the actual word is edited....) the only reason I ever wanted to play CV.

Edited by Slyguy3129

[TARK]
Members
7,331 posts
3,036 battles
Just now, Slyguy3129 said:

Yea the rework should have been a UI overhaul no doubt. Air Superiority was my jam. It's the only time in online gaming where I wanted to be strictly supporting role. Swat those little flies away from my friends and occasionally hit hard.

Another reason why I hate the rework lol. It [edited] the only reason I ever wanted to play CV.

I too was an AS boi.

Im always happiest as the support ship.

Hopefully the snipe meta will push WG to giving us useable fighters again.

• Cool 2

[-DF-]
Beta Testers
3,497 posts
6,608 battles
5 minutes ago, Daniel_Allan_Clark said:

I too was an AS boi.

Im always happiest as the support ship.

Hopefully the snipe meta will push WG to giving us useable fighters again.

Properly played support ships win matches.  It's usually not flashy and most people never even notice but that's life :P

[USA-N]
Members
785 posts
11,555 battles

The CV is essentially a guided missile cruiser.

All other ships need to view the game, and their target, from their own ship. Not so, the CV. The CV player is ALSO a pilot, and can view the enemy from the weapon delivery system itself. Not only is the ship captain now a pilot as well, he is immortal. Doesn't matter if he dies, he is simply respawned on deck.

Now, the payload of his ships weapons can travel the entire map. They have unlimited range. They can hover around the target, they can even deploy fighters to act as spotters, while the rest of the guided payload system continues on to strike an enemy. Even guided missiles can't do that. These are guided missiles with deploy-able drones. Pretty high tech stuff.

So, in function and substance, the CV is a ship that can deploy very powerful munitions across the map, and guided the strike down to the last split second. These are guided missiles. They are guided all the way to impact, and they can change heading at any time.

What was the difference, in real life, between carrier aircraft and the guided missiles found on later ships? Well, the pilots. Carrier aircraft had pilots. Air wings. Actual people, who could actually die. A carrier with drone aircraft, from example, is very, very hard to distinguish from a guided missile cruiser. Both are dominant in modern warfare.

It follows that CVs in WOWS are not reasonable versions of the CVs in WW2. In that age, pilots lost their lives. The person guiding the munition faced very real risks. In WOWS, the player does not have this experience. They face no risk, except the loss of munitions. They are, in essence and substance, playing guided missile cruisers.

Against WW2 gunboats.

And that is why they are so spectacularly broken and ridiculous.

CVs have been poorly implemented, but they have been even more poorly conceived. They are a joke, an example of truly second rate game design. They are game design by committee. There is nothing excellent about them.

• Cool 3
  • Boring 2

[SIM]
Members
5,792 posts
9,266 battles

Your whine thread is neither insightful nor useful. There are dozens of temper tantrums on this forum that you could have leant your voice to. You didn't need to create another one. 

• Cool 4
  • Boring 1

[PSP]
[PSP]
Members
14,497 posts
3 hours ago, CommodoreKang said:

Yeah but what counters the CV?

Anything that gets close enough to one to shoot at it, just like any other ship in the game.

"But no!," people will cry, "the evil CV has planes that fly farther than my guns can fire!"

Well, almost all cruisers have guns that can fire farther than DD's guns and battleships have guns that can fire farther than cruiser's guns too.

But, but, but, but...

It's like someone playing chess and whining that the knight can jump over pieces to attack but the pawn can only attack diagonally. It's the game, folks. If you don't like the game then go play some other game.

Edited by Snargfargle
  • Cool 4

[1984]
Members
4,482 posts
21,506 battles

I agree cvs need to go. The aa dds they just released are having an effect at high tiers, now theu need to release a ship at tier 2-8 with 85 level aa so we can go back to playing at those tiers as well. Reset a line to sit through 2 cv matches from tiers 2-8? Are they serious?

• Boring 2

Members
2,777 posts
94 battles
2 hours ago, Snargfargle said:

Anything that gets close enough to one to shoot at it, just like any other ship in the game.

"But no!," people will cry, "the evil CV has planes that fly farther than my guns can fire!"

Well, almost all cruisers have guns that can fire farther than DD's guns and battleships have guns that can fire farther than cruiser's guns too.

But, but, but, but...

It's like someone playing chess and whining that the knight can jump over pieces to attack but the pawn can only attack diagonally. It's the game, folks. If you don't like the game then go play some other game.

More like "real" chess players who campaigns for removing the queen from the game because it has unlimited range and rekts their poor pawns who can only move one step forward.

• Cool 1

Members
2,069 posts
12,694 battles
3 hours ago, Snargfargle said:

But, but, but, but...

In order to use that "counter" I have to fight my way through the entire enemy team by which point I've already won so killing the CV is kind of irrelevant. That might be why CV survival rates are so high come to think of it.

[SIDE]
Members
4,939 posts

So glad this shows as an individual thread rather than a piggyback to any of the dozen plus CV-bogeyman threads. Carriers always been in random matches and always will be. With 7 years in the WOWS ( 5 yrs old but whatever) you should know this.

• Cool 1
  • Boring 1