You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
ArnoldSchoenberg

Lenin vs Nelson?

7 comments in this topic

Volunteer Moderator, Volunteer Moderator
434 posts
5,528 battles

Both are extremely powerful, and for me both are just as satisfying.
*also the gun layout for Lenin is far superior to Nelson's

• Meh 1

Members
576 posts
5,040 battles

Can't speak for the Nelson, but I was given the Lenin free for a few days. 

Inside short range, 10km or less, those guns were devastating in Coop. Like - it was bordering on unfair they were that powerful. I was overcome by powerlust. 

[BOMBL]
Members
1,220 posts
15,758 battles

Nelson’s HE is hilarious and at the same time devastating. I have dev struck dds and cit light cruisers with HE. Then there is the zombie heal. AP actually rocks. MM makes Nelson seem more powerful. Top tier she is op to t5 ships. 

[--V--]
Members
1,475 posts
13,933 battles

Just got the Lenin.  Only have a few matches in her.  Armor and health differences due to tiers aside,,, I find the Lenin a better ship.  Turret layout and traverse makes a lot of difference.

[-HEL-]
Members
200 posts
7,004 battles

Turret layout is no different, it's not like Izumo with the backwards turret.  The traverse is better on Lenin and 'B' turret has 360 rotation.  If you are looking at it from gunnery alone, I can't attest to Lenin's gunnery as I've only played the ship once or twice in random and a couple in coop (wasn't impressed, thought Vlad was better).  I have played lots of Nelson games, and her gunnery is quite good.  Better than the other British BB's at T7 and she has decent AP.  I actually shoot AP more with Nelson than HE.  Then again, I always default to AP and only use HE when I have to.  It's a Warspite thing.  Satisfaction?  Nelson all the way.  It's just like the Conqueror, you're almost dead, go dark and come back with half you health and keep kicking butt.

[109TH]
Members
60 posts
2,399 battles

Lenin is a very solid T8 ship. Good armor protection, tanky and having some devastating guns (AP). Nelson is the ship I really want to get but I probably won't have that time for the XPS. Nelson's armor is typical RN style, thin, all or nothing...