You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
AVR_Project

Every Stinking Update it's the same problem.

57 comments in this topic

[GWG]
Members
7,394 posts
14,179 battles

Every Update:  Take a long time to update...   The update times are increasing.

Every Update:  My game freezes right when the battles start heating up.

Every Update:  Do a WGcheck and clean up and delete files.

Every Update:  I need to shut down useless add-ons that do nothing but suck up extra memory and processor time

Silly question:

---  --  Why can't the updates do this.  They go through my computer like a sloppy kid brother through my toolbox, leaving unfinished piles of junk all over the place without cleaning up.

Can we please try to fix this????

• Cool 2
  • Funny 1

[WOLF5]
Supertester
4,812 posts
4,278 battles

I've had no issues. WGC updates the game, generally I don't even notice as it doesn't slow me down at all. Just click and ready to go. Usually just have to remember to update the Modpack as well.

If you're having that many issues it's either your system, your internet, or both.

[GWG]
Members
7,394 posts
14,179 battles
15 minutes ago, Navalpride33 said:

Well, it seems WOWS uses to much of you PC current resources...

So what system do you have?

I have a 2015 Windows 8 Asus ROG G20 machine and a brand new HP Pavilion Gaming Laptop with Windows 10.

Both machines...  different rooms...  hardline connections....  Same damn problems.

Wg check shows no problems.   system Log (inside wgcheck) just shows video lockups on both machines.

Odd story...   After I bought the new laptop and loaded WOWS for the first time, I ran WGcheck and had to delete a whole ton of 'extra' files that it flagged...  ON A BRAND NEW LOAD.

Go figure.

Edit:  I have no mods... never did.

Edited by AVR_Project

[GWG]
Members
7,394 posts
14,179 battles

With version 9.2, it had this horrible memory leak that sucked up 10GB of ram over 20 minutes.

I had to log off/on after every match.

They finally diagnosed and fixed the browser  9.2 was running fine ....

OK..  Now that it's working...   Here come a new release...   BOOM -- back to lockups and headaches.

Don't they even see if this stuff is going to work before they blow it out?

[WOLFX]
Members
268 posts
13,103 battles
6 minutes ago, AVR_Project said:

I have a 2015 Windows 8 Asus ROG G20 machine and a brand new HP Pavilion Gaming Laptop with Windows 10.

Both machines...  different rooms...  hardline connections....  Same damn problems.

You didn't say what resources those two machines have installed. The processor make and model and your RAM's amount, type, and clock speed are the most important. If you want to address what I think was the intended meaning of Navalpride33's comment, that is.

[GWG]
Members
7,394 posts
14,179 battles
5 minutes ago, wjp120 said:

You didn't say what resources those two machines have installed. The processor make and model and your RAM's amount, type, and clock speed are the most important. If you want to address what I think was the intended meaning of Navalpride33's comment, that is.

AsusCPU.jpg

Laptop_Chk.jpg

[WTFB]
Members
278 posts

The only issue I have with updates is it seems you have to download every single update individually.

So if like me you've stepped away till they fixed MM, which 0.9.3 claims it does, I can't download one update. I have multiple, multiple gig updates to download.

I'm hoping this next *25g* download will be the last one I need....

[GWG]
Members
7,394 posts
14,179 battles

And I'm seeing ships going AFK all over the place.

And also playing in divisions I have to cover my clan-mate when he is restarting the game.

[FEM]
Members
9,191 posts
11,955 battles

Ah, if video lockup is your issue, I see the problem right there. Not enough VRAM. Not to mention 8.1, while a fix for 8, still wasn't worth a damn as an OS. For quite some time now, 4GB of video RAM has been the standard needed, for pretty much any game out there. Also, while decent, those core i5's aren't great for gaming, the 8 core one is ok, but it's really too slow. When you throw a slower CPU against lack of VRAM, you're going to lock up constantly with something that functions like WoWs does. Also, what size and types of drives are you using, because that affects this, too.

Members
978 posts
4,702 battles

I’ve never had issues with updates. What “useless add on” do you have to shut down?, what is your memory (RAM) usage before starting WOWS and after starting it?

[FEM]
Members
9,191 posts
11,955 battles
4 minutes ago, Slyguy3129 said:

The only issue I have with updates is it seems you have to download every single update individually.

So if like me you've stepped away till they fixed MM, which 0.9.3 claims it does, I can't download one update. I have multiple, multiple gig updates to download.

I'm hoping this next *25g* download will be the last one I need....

That's not how that is supposed to work. Updates should take your current client to the game's current version, and not do it update by update.

[WTFB]
Members
278 posts
Just now, TheKrimzonDemon said:

That's not how that is supposed to work. Updates should take your current client to the game's current version, and not do it update by update.

Oh great. Another I'm the only one affected issue.😂

That has never been the case with me since I've started playing whenever ago. Not a huge issue, I usually just play something else while it downloads. Thank God they built computers that doesn't kill anymore!

Been playing Arkham Asylum again while I wait.

[GWG]
Members
7,394 posts
14,179 battles
8 minutes ago, CO_Valle said:

I’ve never had issues with updates. What “useless add on” do you have to shut down?, what is your memory (RAM) usage before starting WOWS and after starting it?

These WG add-ons were locking up my Windows 8 system.  I'd be in the middle of a game when it froze - and I found those 'WG updater' programs at max processor time.

What it's doing is 'Checking for an update', and when the host update server doesn't answer, it craps out and has a fit.

AsusCPU1.jpg

Edited by AVR_Project

[WORX]
Members
12,637 posts
19,870 battles
41 minutes ago, AVR_Project said:

I meant what are the specs of the machine you're using...

Its a good start to figuring out where the problem lays...

[GWG]
Members
7,394 posts
14,179 battles
12 minutes ago, TheKrimzonDemon said:

Ah, if video lockup is your issue, I see the problem right there. Not enough VRAM. Not to mention 8.1, while a fix for 8, still wasn't worth a damn as an OS. For quite some time now, 4GB of video RAM has been the standard needed, for pretty much any game out there. Also, while decent, those core i5's aren't great for gaming, the 8 core one is ok, but it's really too slow. When you throw a slower CPU against lack of VRAM, you're going to lock up constantly with something that functions like WoWs does. Also, what size and types of drives are you using, because that affects this, too.

The laptop processor speed is showing at it's lowest setting.  It varies up to 3.6Ghz.  There is no doubt - it's the better and newer machine...

The Laptop has an SD drive.  The ROG has a 'normal' hard drive.

Sad part is that after hooking up the Laptop to a wall sized monitor with external kbd and mouse, I still prefer using the old Windows 8 machine.

It's just more comfortable in this room.

[GWG]
Members
7,394 posts
14,179 battles
3 minutes ago, Navalpride33 said:

I meant what are the specs of the machine you're using...

Its a good start to figuring out where the problem lays...

The applicable specs of both machines are in the WGCheck screen-shots above.  What other information is required?

And why is it that nobody else on the Forums is having troubles when everyone else is ????

I've locked up on half my battles today.

Edited by AVR_Project

[GWG]
Members
7,394 posts
14,179 battles

Funny story:

I locked up on a Training Room today.

I had Jingles captain and wanted to see what he would say when I shot at a friendly.

Yup...  some pretty nasty stuff..  Check it out for yourself.  When I finally SUNK the friendly, he said....  "You just sunk an ENEMY Battleship".....   Enemy....

[SALVO]
Members
26,102 posts
29,035 battles
1 hour ago, TheKrimzonDemon said:

What useless add-ons? I never have any issues. How old is your computer? What hardware do you use?

Ditto.  I never have problems with updates.

[WORX]
Members
12,637 posts
19,870 battles
11 minutes ago, AVR_Project said:

The applicable specs of both machines are in the WGCheck screen-shots above.  What other information is required?

And why is it that nobody else on the Forums is having troubles when everyone else is ????

I've locked up on half my battles today.

I dont see any valuable information in the pics.

I am saying

• What is your OS
  • How much ram you have
  • What is your GPU card
  • What is your CPU?

In other words, what are we working with??

Edited by Navalpride33

[GWG]
Members
7,394 posts
14,179 battles
1 minute ago, Crucis said:

Ditto.  I never have problems with updates.

Wow...   I guess it's just my imagination then...    This game isn't locking up.  I'm just having an LSD flashback....    'Oh look!  My ship isn't moving...   GROOVY !!!'

[WOLF9]
Wiki Lead
15,708 posts
4,771 battles
23 minutes ago, AVR_Project said:

These WG add-ons

[WG]Updater runs constantly - on everyone's system.  If the CPU running it is pegged, that doesn't mean it's saturated your system -- you have FOUR CPUs to peg before it saturates.  Look at the performance screen in your Task Manager.  Is your physical memory maxed?  or nearly?  If you're running with a browser open you can easily choke an 8GB memory subsystem.

You have a lot of work to do before you can reasonably blame WG for your problems.

[GWG]
Members
7,394 posts
14,179 battles
1 minute ago, Navalpride33 said:

I dont see any valuable information in the pics.

I am saying

• What is your OS
  • How much ram you have
  • What is your GPU card
  • What is your CPU?

In other words, what are we working with??

Seriously???   You don't see that information here?

I guess I'm just hallucinating thinking the information is staring right at me.  Sorry..  I'm having delusions.

AsusCPU.jpg

Laptop_Chk.jpg

[SALVO]
Members
26,102 posts
29,035 battles
4 minutes ago, AVR_Project said:

Wow...   I guess it's just my imagination then...    This game isn't locking up.  I'm just having an LSD flashback....    'Oh look!  My ship isn't moving...   GROOVY !!!'

Or maybe you have a potato computer...

• Cool 1