Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
jrchappe

Research Bureau x2 seasons

12 comments in this topic

[SIDE]
Members
72 posts
19,575 battles

Hello captains, I'm trying to figure out how this system works - am re-grinding to obtain USS Ohio from research bureau.  But I keep hearing about x2 bonuses that only come around once in awhile, can someone please explain that?  Thanks!

[UNHLY]
Members
4,858 posts
13,528 battles

When you reset a line, re-research and buy the ships again, and get your first win you get the points for the eligible ships, which add up to 10k points per line (8k for carriers). Every three month season, your first reset line gets double points (20k for a normal line, 16k for a cv), but you can get those points at any time - for example if you reset your first line this season today but don’t grind it out until next summer you’ll still get the double points for that reset. 

[1984]
Members
4,482 posts
21,506 battles
15 minutes ago, jrchappe said:

Hello captains, I'm trying to figure out how this system works - am re-grinding to obtain USS Ohio from research bureau.  But I keep hearing about x2 bonuses that only come around once in awhile, can someone please explain that?  Thanks!

Be advised resetting the shimmy/hugmo line supposedly gives more points or at least is the cheapest way to go. Remember you have to buy the chips again. Personally i think using fxp is the way to do this but it’s your choice.

[O_O]
[O_O]
Members
5,243 posts
22,887 battles
18 minutes ago, jrchappe said:

ok but when does the season start and finish?  is there a calendar somewhere?

Look at the tech tree for one of the lines you can reset. In the lower left corner it should tell you how long you have till next season. Just under two months now.

[SIDE]
Members
72 posts
19,575 battles
6 minutes ago, Khafni said:

Look at the tech tree for one of the lines you can reset. In the lower left corner it should tell you how long you have till next season. Just under two months now.

awesome thanks.  so basically i can wait two months to unlock and play the next ship, and that will get me double research points correct?

[O_O]
[O_O]
Members
5,243 posts
22,887 battles

Yes. Each season you get double points for the first line reset. As @monpetitloup said, the "cheapest" line to reset, if you can, is the IJN DD line.

[UNHLY]
Members
4,858 posts
13,528 battles
20 minutes ago, jrchappe said:

awesome thanks.  so basically i can wait two months to unlock and play the next ship, and that will get me double research points correct?

No the double points is based on when you reset the line, not when you researched the ship back. The first line you reset this season (so in the last month or so) will give double points regardless of when you actually unlock the ships again, but any other lines you reset until the next season in two months will only give the standard points amount.

Members
865 posts
1 hour ago, MidnightPhoenix07 said:

No the double points is based on when you reset the line, not when you researched the ship back. The first line you reset this season (so in the last month or so) will give double points regardless of when you actually unlock the ships again, but any other lines you reset until the next season in two months will only give the standard points amount.

I had reset a line while the season was running, but didn't finish it before it ended. The 2x bonus went away before I could wrap things up.

With that said, I had gone through the entire re-grind for both IJN DD lines, so it's possible that the bonus only counts once per season.

[BUOY]
Members
1,232 posts
16,297 battles
Just now, guns_at_last_light said:

I had reset a line while the season was running, but didn't finish it before it ended. The 2x bonus went away before I could wrap things up.

With that said, I had gone through the entire re-grind for both IJN DD lines, so it's possible that the bonus only counts once per season.

Once you have the seasonal reset bonus, it never goes away. If it somehow has then that's a bug and you should file a support ticket.

[FG]
Members
566 posts
4,806 battles

I would only be resetting lines while using the x2 bonus. It becomes a huge amount of grinding if you don't. 

But yea, every 3 months I think, the first line you reset during that period will give you x2 research points. 

[WOLF9]
Wiki Lead
15,846 posts
4,771 battles
4 hours ago, jrchappe said:

ok but when does the season start and finish?  is there a calendar somewhere?

https://wiki.wargaming.net/en/Ship:Research_Bureau

1 hour ago, guns_at_last_light said:

The 2x bonus went away before I could wrap things up.

No, it didn't.  The bonus is permanent and will be awarded whenever you complete the re-grind.

1 hour ago, guns_at_last_light said:

so it's possible that the bonus only counts once per season.

That's correct.  The bonus can be applied only once per season, on the first reset in the period.  (Again, you need not complete it in the period to get the double points.)

Edited by iDuckman

Sign in to follow this