You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Frigate007

DANGEROUS for a day

11 comments in this topic

[GOBI]
Members
1,087 posts
4,887 battles

Had the opportunity a week or so ago to play wows using decent internet for a dozen battles or so, what a difference. 62 to 90 ping verses 700 to 3000. My hit rate almost tripled, damage more than doubled. Took a lot less incoming shell hits as they were much easier to avoid. Everything just worked so much better and was so much more fun and easy.

Now I have been spoiled and have not played since as I just can't go back to constant freezes and frustration. Going to try my own mobile hotspot with antenna up on my ham radio tower. Waiting for new equipment to arrive, if it works going to cancel satellite internet and never look back. So maybe you will see me back on the high seas again daily as I have played very little last several months. Keeping my fingers crossed....

[WPORT]
Members
8,105 posts
13,162 battles
3 minutes ago, Frigate007 said:

Had the opportunity a week or so ago to play wows using decent internet for a dozen battles or so, what a difference. 62 to 90 ping verses 700 to 3000. My hit rate almost tripled, damage more than doubled. Took a lot less incoming shell hits as they were much easier to avoid. Everything just worked so much better and was so much more fun and easy.

Now I have been spoiled and have not played since as I just can't go back to constant freezes and frustration. Going to try my own mobile hotspot with antenna up on my ham radio tower. Waiting for new equipment to arrive, if it works going to cancel satellite internet and never look back. So maybe you will see me back on the high seas again daily as I have played very little last several months. Keeping my fingers crossed....

Yeah.  
Ping times below 100ms, or even below 50ms, are much more user-friendly.  :-)

Hopefully your CPU/GPU/RAM and other component specifications will fully take advantage of your yet-to-be-installed internet connection.

Good luck.  Have fun.  :-)

• Cool 1

[A-D-F]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
8,757 posts

I hope it works out for you because I can't imagine playing with those high of ping times!

• Cool 1

[GOBI]
Members
1,087 posts
4,887 battles
6 minutes ago, Wolfswetpaws said:

Yeah.  
Ping times below 100ms, or even below 50ms, are much more user-friendly.  :-)

Hopefully your CPU/GPU/RAM and other component specifications will fully take advantage of your yet-to-be-installed internet connection.

Good luck.  Have fun.  :-)

I think I will be okay as I use a newer laptop spec for gaming.

• Cool 1

[GOBI]
Members
1,087 posts
4,887 battles
5 minutes ago, Burnsy said:

I hope it works out for you because I can't imagine playing with those high of ping times!

Thanks, should know this weekend or early next week. High ping made everything difficult, even though I learned to play wows with it and to adjust for it somewhat.

[CLUMP]
Members
1,505 posts
2,170 battles

I stay between 30 and 60 ping most of the time once in a while it might go to 70 but that's it :fish_cute_2:

[SALVO]
Members
6,954 posts
5,510 battles
2 hours ago, Frigate007 said:

Hope you solve the problem bro, lag is a killer. Played stuff offline a couple of years because similar issues. 

[DRFTR]
Beta Testers
3,919 posts
6 hours ago, Frigate007 said:

Satellite internet.

ouch... no wonder...