You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Pentium_

New MM Looks great :( <FACEPALM>

32 comments in this topic

Members
1,500 posts
11,501 battles

thats a queue dump because most likely the cv was waiting in queue for more then 3 minutes, it just disregards any fun and balance to force anyone in queue into a game.

• Cool 4
  • Boring 1

[S0L0]
[S0L0]
Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters
4,821 posts
7,524 battles

Inevitable result of hard caps and a dumb CV player not re-queing after a couple of minutes.    

• Cool 2

[FOXEH]
Banned
14,364 posts
20,624 battles
8 minutes ago, Pentium_ said:

how do they expect us to play ?

The word "CAREFULLY" comes to mind. 

• Funny 1

[INTEL]
Beta Testers
1,809 posts
6,220 battles

I had one of those last night in Donskoi - no CV in my match, and the queue was reading 20+ for all the non-CV's.

• Cool 1

[TARK]
Members
640 posts
21 minutes ago, Pentium_ said:

I am not sure what to say here , how do they expect us to play ?

WOW_NEW_MM_4pmEST.jpg

Is this real?

What the heck?!?!?!  

[OO7]
Members
672 posts
8,099 battles

Just like everything wrong in this game, its the cv's fault.

Actually in this case, it is the cv's fault.

• Cool 4
  • Funny 1
  • Boring 1

[WOLF9]
Wiki Lead
15,773 posts
4,771 battles
18 minutes ago, Eckarbeiter said:

Is this real?

What the heck?!?!?!  

It's a game.  Balanced sides.  Play and enjoy!

• Cool 2
  • Boring 1

[CVA16]
Members
6,183 posts
19,047 battles
1 hour ago, ITZ_ACE_BABY said:

thats a queue dump because most likely the cv was waiting in queue for more then 3 minutes, it just disregards any fun and balance to force anyone in queue into a game.

Still think the solution is to abandon queue dumps. No maximum wait time for an overage of a certain restricted ship type. Just have a warning pop up advising players that there are too many of type X (likely CVs but not necessarily. Subs will probably be the same) in the queue and wait times for that type WILL exceed normal limits. Plan to wait a long time or exit and pick a different ship type or tier.

Players then have the choice to wait that extended time or pick something else to play. 

Edited by Sabot_100

Members
1,500 posts
11,501 battles
Just now, Sabot_100 said:

Still think the solution is to abandon queue dumps. No maximum wait time for an overage of a certain restricted ship type. Just have a warning pop up advising players that there are too many of type X (likely CVs but not necessarily. Subs will probably be the same) in the queue and wait times for that type WILL exceed normal limits. Plan to wait a long time or exit and pick a different ship type or tier.

Players then have the choice to wait that extended time or pick something else to play. 

i would happily wait an extra 3 minutes to have no cv games.

its just a flawed system where wargaming doesnt take into consideration a players perspective of how enjoyable these games are, who really enjoys a 6v6 random battle?

• Cool 3
  • Boring 1

Members
978 posts
4,702 battles

Yep, MM dumps happen from time to time, some of them are quite interesting, as these pretty much force you (and the whole team) to change the way a match is played, and people is (usually) more receptive to team-play and coordination.

:fish_cute_2:

Of course the above is by no means a rule.

:fish_palm:

[CVA16]
Members
6,183 posts
19,047 battles
17 minutes ago, ITZ_ACE_BABY said:

i would happily wait an extra 3 minutes to have no cv games.

its just a flawed system where wargaming doesnt take into consideration a players perspective of how enjoyable these games are, who really enjoys a 6v6 random battle?

No-CVs-allowed games are not an option (unfortunately). The no-queue-dump I propose would at least mean you would NEVER see more than 2 so the  grief would be on the CV players as they wait forever to get into a match, or pick a different ship. There does need to be a warning that the overcrowded queue has occurred so the players can choose if they want to wait forever or pick something else.

The system would also apply to any other number restricted ship types. If a new DD line is out and everyone is playing DDs, and there is a cap on how many DDs per game, they would get the same warning if there are too many in the queue. Just less likely because CVs are limited to two, DDs I think can have 4. Subs probably will be limited to two so will probably be like CVs when they first come out. Lots of players, only a two slots per match. Long queue waits. 

Edited by Sabot_100

[-A-8-]
Members
540 posts
21,662 battles
2 hours ago, Pentium_ said:

WOW_NEW_MM_4pmEST.jpg

I only tend to see this kind of shortened line up when the server population is low, say very late at night/early morning. They vary from a couple of CVs to none in 6v6 battles. They can be amusing especially if you're the only one in one half of the map :Smile_Default:

[INTEL]
Members
13,459 posts
38,183 battles
39 minutes ago, CO_Valle said:

Yep, MM dumps happen from time to time, some of them are quite interesting, as these pretty much force you (and the whole team) to change the way a match is played, and people is (usually) more receptive to team-play and coordination.

That's true in my experience. Queue dumps suck but their saving grace is better team feeling. 

Still, there is no excuse for them except developer laziness. At the current rate of change, we can expect a corrective for them to be applied in... 2028.

[INTEL]
Members
13,459 posts
38,183 battles
2 hours ago, Pentium_ said:

WOW_NEW_MM_4pmEST.jpg

Everything depends on the skill disparity between the CVs, at that point. 

Just like in a normal Random match...

Members
3,792 posts
23,987 battles

I had one of these today as well but we had 10 ships per side with an imbalance of DDs and cruisers per team. Been awhile since I've seen one.

[SIM]
Members
5,789 posts
9,263 battles

Until you’re in a Mikasa/DD vs. DD/DD match, you haven’t lived. 

Members
3,792 posts
23,987 battles
22 minutes ago, SkaerKrow said:

Until you’re in a Mikasa/DD vs. DD/DD match, you haven’t lived. 

Haha, I was in a 2 v 2 match with a DD and cruiser on other side and had a DD with me in the Mikasa. Killed both ships in that match.

• Cool 1

[WKY04]
Members
3,880 posts
24,894 battles

I was in a 6 v 6 with 2 CVs per side. This was what I feared when they said no more 3 CV per side games at tier 4 and fewer 2 Cv per side games at higher tiers. 

The Random Battle waiting screen says that there is no time limit for a battle to form. They should default strongly towards full teams and allow longer wait times. 

[CVA16]
Members
6,183 posts
19,047 battles
21 minutes ago, SKurj said:

a little lower tier.... 

You can see the problem in that screen. More CVs at that tier range than any other ship and they are limited (supposedly) to 2 per match. Since CV players represent only a fraction of the typical player base, it begs the question why there are so many in a T5's range. Which is why I would shed no tears if they had to wait 30 minutes to get in a match. They are there to club seals and other defenseless ships. Make 'em wait.

Or queue dump 24 of them into the same battle so they can really learn to git-gud.

Edited by Sabot_100
  • Cool 2

[CVA16]
Members
6,183 posts
19,047 battles
11 minutes ago, Pugilistic said:

I was in a 6 v 6 with 2 CVs per side. This was what I feared when they said no more 3 CV per side games at tier 4 and fewer 2 Cv per side games at higher tiers. 

Should be limited to 1 per side if they can't field a full team (10 non-CVs)

[DRFTR]
Beta Testers
3,920 posts
1 minute ago, Sabot_100 said:

You can see the problem in that screen. More CVs at that tier range than any other ship and they are limited (supposedly) to 2 per match. Since CV players represent only a fraction of the typical player base, it begs the question why there are so many in a T5's range. Which is why I would shed no tears if they had to wait 30 minutes to get in a match. They are there to club seals and other defenseless ships. Make 'em wait.

I am guessing here that it is showing all the T4 and T6 cv's in queue.  In the end I was put into a tier6 matchup with a single CV, and had a pretty good game for 1st time out in that boat.  Actually I haven't been paying attention if I could even end up in a match with a T4 cv or not when ina t5 BB...

[CVA16]
Members
6,183 posts
19,047 battles
1 hour ago, SKurj said:

In the end I was put into a tier6 matchup with a single CV,

Likely means that the 26 other CVs were all T4s looking to molest ships with NO AA. T6 CVs can end up facing T8 ships, which start having respectable AA.

[-DF-]
Beta Testers
3,497 posts
6,608 battles

Haven't got queue dumped recently but I've been getting stuck up against packs and packs and packs of Smols recently.  We might get one but the other team has 4 or 5 for some reason.  They aren't even div'd.  I'm guessing I'm getting stuck with the other free to play scrubs and WG is trying to teach us a little lesson.  

It is possible to beat the Smol pack though.  Bit of one trick pony imo.