Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
kgh52

which Russian DD line?

9 comments in this topic

[TDRB]
Members
5,164 posts
13,743 battles

I'm moving closer to having the XP necessary for a T8 Russian DD. What is the difference in the 2 lines? Is there an "in general" view that one line is better than the other? Yes, that is calling for a very bias opinion but...................

Members
648 posts

I prefer grozovoi over the Khab. I've played both extensively and like that the Grozovoi has the abilit to fulfill traditional destroyer roles, whereas the Khab is somewhat of a has-been HEspammer. It's good to some extent, but has been overshadowed by newer, more effective ships. 

-However-

If you enjoy the open water, run-and gun RU DD experience, then consider the Khab. Grozovoi does not do as well with open water gunboating. It can, but the Khab is better for it. 

TL:DR

Grozzo for a more traditional experience

Khab for the RU run and gun experience

Edited by anonym_djv4ZCNmZ56F
  • Cool 1

[KWF]
Members
5,818 posts
7,019 battles

If you want to get to tier X, then the Grozovoi line. Khabarovsk isn't in a good spot right now.

That said, theres a ship with 15.2 km range with AFT, usable torpedoes, actual agility, still decent speed and the overpen on DDs rule. All that, just for the sacrifice of a single turret. 

And a tier lower. I'm talking of course about Tashkent...

• Cool 2

Members
648 posts

He's right, and I did overlook that. The Tashkent is still a very viable open water gunboat and a ton of fun. That said, now that Udaloi has a heal, she is also able to fulfill that role admirably with the advantage of smoke to boot. 

[DDMAF]
Members
2,897 posts
16,431 battles

Udaloi is a very strong ship. Stronger overall than Tashkent.

• Cool 1

[DDMAF]
Members
2,897 posts
16,431 battles
49 minutes ago, mrieder79 said:

Funner too. Better agility. Smaller. Smoke+heal. An easier ship to play.

It's just a damned joy, is what it is.

[_AFW_]
Members
104 posts
7,807 battles

Udaloi is the best ship at the higher tiers for me plus I prefer the groz over the khab as well. So that line!!

[NFJF]
Members
707 posts
10,925 battles

I personally prefer the Groz because she is much more versatile than the Khab. Groz actually has pretty good torps, but is also really good at gunboating between torp runs. I think I mainly have this viewpoint because I'm not a huge fan of DDs that rely almost entirely on their guns to do damage.  

Sign in to follow this