Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Burnsy

A change to coop?

4 comments in this topic

[A-D-F]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
8,812 posts

Anyone notice that when going for a ram on a bot in coop, that they tend to sink you about 2 feet from contact....a lot, all the sudden?

3 times now today I have been low on health in a DD, went from the ram on a BB and just blew up RIGHT as my ship was about to hit.

I get that it's possible that they had the reload ready "just" in time but...this seems to be happening quite a lot, right at the last possible second.

[ARGSY]
Members
23,457 posts
17,416 battles
3 minutes ago, Burnsy said:

Anyone notice that when going for a ram on a bot in coop, that they tend to sink you about 2 feet from contact....a lot, all the sudden?

3 times now today I have been low on health in a DD, went from the ram on a BB and just blew up RIGHT as my ship was about to hit.

I get that it's possible that they had the reload ready "just" in time but...this seems to be happening quite a lot, right at the last possible second.

I've had a lot of kill shots on my DDs at the very moment I was just about to launch a fatal torp strike, if that helps, but this is not a new thing. Sometimes I have even clicked the mouse but the launch isn't registered.

Edited by Ensign_Cthulhu

[PSP]
[PSP]
Members
14,531 posts
9 minutes ago, Burnsy said:

Anyone notice 

I've always thought that the developers who program the AI for this game sometimes laugh themselves to sleep at night over the consternation it causes players. I've seen the bots consistently dodge torpedoes that were fired from point-blank range. Also, in at least one operation, the enemy bot CV would send planes in a beeline to your ship if you decided to go hunt it, even though you had been unspotted for five minutes. At other times the bots act like, well, bots. For instance, the bot CV on your team will usually just attack the first ship it sees, no matter if the one right behind it is on low health and could be sunk with a single rocket salvo.

Edited by Snargfargle

[A-D-F]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
8,812 posts

Ok thanks. Just seemed like new behavior to me, maybe I am just now noticing it.

Sign in to follow this