Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
rathagor

Free XP Ships

16 comments in this topic

[1SHF]
Members
26 posts
5,911 battles

I believe both Alaska and Azuma have been out for free xp for about a year now. Anybody have an idea when they are being removed and what they are being replaced with?

Members
12,597 posts
14,320 battles

I doubt Alaska is getting removed as there is no USN tier 8-10 cruiser or BB for that matter currently available to take her role. Missouri was removed because it was making too many credits and the fact Alaska would be similar in role to Missouri just minus the sheer numbers of credits earned as Missouri. And of course Alaska is a little less powerful than Missouri.

Azuma who knows, but we do have Yoshino.

Kronstadt I am fairly certain was removed since the focus would then be on Stalingrad.

Wargaming can be a little confusing at times with how, when, or why they remove ships in WOWs from being for sale. But often the reason being is a premium ship is far too popular with too many players using it too often. Which leads me to believe we will see Thunderer getting removed at some point which is why I am planning on getting that ship next Just in case.

[SALVO]
Members
26,136 posts
29,173 battles
5 minutes ago, Admiral_Thrawn_1 said:

I doubt Alaska is getting removed as there is no USN tier 8-10 cruiser or BB for that matter currently available to take her role. Missouri was removed because it was making too many credits and the fact Alaska would be similar in role to Missouri just minus the sheer numbers of credits earned as Missouri. And of course Alaska is a little less powerful than Missouri.

Azuma who knows, but we do have Yoshino.

Kronstadt I am fairly certain was removed since the focus would then be on Stalingrad.

Wargaming can be a little confusing at times with how, when, or why they remove ships in WOWs from being for sale. But often the reason being is a premium ship is far too popular with too many players using it too often. Which leads me to believe we will see Thunderer getting removed at some point which is why I am planning on getting that ship next Just in case.

Don't forget about the Georgia and Ohio, though yes, they're not FXP ships.

[WOLFC]
Members
2,580 posts
11,084 battles
39 minutes ago, rathagor said:

I believe both Alaska and Azuma have been out for free xp for about a year now. Anybody have an idea when they are being removed and what they are being replaced with?

WG will give advance warning when they pull a ship from availability.

Unless that ship is Enterprise. I’m still super salty about Enterprise. :Smile-angry:

[SALVO]
Members
26,136 posts
29,173 battles
2 minutes ago, Nevermore135 said:

WG will give advance warning when they pull a ship from availability.

Unless that ship is Enterprise. I’m still super salty about Enterprise. :Smile-angry:

Did Kirk pee in your corn flakes?  :Smile_hiding:

(just a joke)

[1SHF]
Members
26 posts
5,911 battles

My understanding was the Free XP ships got rotated out every once and a while, and was thinking that Alaska and Azuma specifically would be soon. They can still be available just for other currencies such as Coal and Steel.

Edited by rathagor

[A-D-F]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
8,782 posts
3 minutes ago, rathagor said:

My understanding was the Free XP ships got rotated out every once and a while, and was thinking that Alaska and Azuma specifically would be soon. They can still be available just for other currencies such as Coal and Steel.

We don't know when a ship will be rotated out.  WG...usually..gives us a few months warning.

[SIM]
Members
5,796 posts
9,266 battles
3 minutes ago, rathagor said:

There has been no indication from WG that either ship is being rotated out in the near future. I wouldn’t be surprised if the Alaska was gone by the end of this year, but as Azuma is both unpopular and an IJN ship, she’ll probably remain available considerably longer. 

[1SHF]
Members
26 posts
5,911 battles
1 minute ago, SkaerKrow said:

There has been no indication from WG that either ship is being rotated out in the near future. I wouldn’t be surprised if the Alaska was gone by the end of this year, but as Azuma is both unpopular and an IJN ship, she’ll probably remain available considerably longer. 

I suppose we also don't know if any new free xp ships are going to be added either. 

I had been saving up for Musashi before I stopped playing the game for a while, and now that I have over 1.5 free xp was hoping to use it on a higher tier BB.

[AOD_E]
Members
41 posts
9,833 battles

Where are the ships for free xp? I don't see them in the Armoury or Premium Shop.

Members
802 posts
12,909 battles
Just now, nlm_mln said:

Where are the ships for free xp? I don't see them in the Armoury or Premium Shop.

In the tech tree.

• Cool 1

[O_O]
Members
6,972 posts
16,990 battles
8 hours ago, nlm_mln said:

Yeah, you have to peruse each tech tree to see what Free XP ships are available.  I do not understand why it is this way, as it is tedious.  I see no reason why Free XP ships cannot be included in the armory.

• Cool 1

[BSL]
Members
1,232 posts
21,382 battles
On 4/9/2020 at 12:32 PM, Nevermore135 said:

Blame it on Khan.

• Haha 2

Members
978 posts
4,702 battles

Nelson hasn’t been withdrawn from the Tech tree, so time isn’t a constraint (good thing for me since I got Kronstadt and Alaska before, just 20K FXP from Nelson).

[SAINT]
[SAINT]
Members
1,593 posts
18,544 battles

For me the Nelson was the reason this meme was created; it's a big fat flamethrower!

15 GIFs For When Your Life is a Mess but You're Pretending It's ...

The Nelson is definitely a good ship. Great guns, an ability to print another ship with that heal, awesome fire starting potential, but really slow. The speed for me just draws torpedoes and HE spam while the AA protection just falls flat. 

I agree about the Alaska. It's a really fun ship that seems to excel in almost everything so is an easy recommendation. I have not been able to find a niche for the Kron yet; probably just need to play more games in it. 

Sign in to follow this