You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Hapa_Fodder

Premium Shop: Colors of Victory

41 comments in this topic

[WG]
Administrator, Developers, Community Department, WG Staff, In AlfaTesters
4,592 posts
15,143 battles

Permanent camouflage patterns come with the classic space strategy game as a gift!

Read it on the portal
  • Cool 1
  • Boring 1

[WOLF9]
Wiki Lead
15,838 posts
4,771 battles

That got my interest!  Love space games.

Members
32 posts

I'm sorry but I'll have to disagree with this. The MOO is not free. In order for you to get the game, first, you have to purchase a bundle of some kind to get the mission for the game. Why advertise something for free when it cost money just for the mission. If it were actually free, you'd have to do a mission and receive it as a consolation gift for your completion of the mission. I see nothing posted about getting the mission without first having to purchase a bundle, for the "Free' game. By using 'Purchase & Free' in the same sentence or, advertisement of a paid item, does not work for me. Not to add, I see camo for ships I don't even own or, will possibly ever own, in my life time.

• Cool 11

[WOLF8]
Members
710 posts
9,492 battles

Please note: you can also gain access to the combat mission by clicking a special button within the website publication. Follow the news!

[WMD]
Members
1,898 posts
10,651 battles
2 minutes ago, xenapan said:

Anyone got this working? I hit the participate button on the website, it shows I'm participating, then I went and won a game. Do I have to do something else to receive it? 

I'm curious as well, even downloaded the game through the launcher but it won't play. 

[WOLF8]
Members
710 posts
9,492 battles
1 hour ago, xenapan said:

Anyone got this working? I hit the participate button on the website, it shows I'm participating, then I went and won a game. Do I have to do something else to receive it? 

For refrence i'm talking about this: https://worldofwarships.com/en/news/general-news/master-of-orion/

Yeah, me either.  Completed the 1st mission in the Masters of the Galaxy chain in co-op in a T8.  Got camos. 

Ah, go into the Game Center.  Click on All Games.   Select MOO.  Click on INSTALL.  Its downloading now.  Will see what happens after the download.

Downloaded and working.  :cap_horn: Had to exit WOWS first.  Seems GC only lets you run 1 game at a time.

Would've liked a Steam key, but thanks Wargaming!

Edited by Slammer58

[DNTZ]
Members
433 posts
22,753 battles
17 hours ago, Hapa_Fodder said:

Permanent camouflage patterns come with the classic space strategy game as a gift!

Read it on the portal

@Hapa_Fodder    Any chance you could get/provide some clarification?

Is the Master Of Orion game that you get from the Premium Shop (along with Camos in a Bundle) different from the game you get from "Opting in" on the webpage and obtaining through WGC? 

I am wondering if the Premium Shop version might be a standalone game (not requiring WGC to be running) or if both versions of the game are the exact same.

Thanks in advance.

[WG]
4,592 posts
15,143 battles
5 hours ago, BruDog1970 said:

@Hapa_Fodder    Any chance you could get/provide some clarification?

Is the Master Of Orion game that you get from the Premium Shop (along with Camos in a Bundle) different from the game you get from "Opting in" on the webpage and obtaining through WGC? 

I am wondering if the Premium Shop version might be a standalone game (not requiring WGC to be running) or if both versions of the game are the exact same.

Thanks in advance.

The game that you get upon completion of the Space event in World of Warships is the Masters of Orion game, but only through the WGC.

Mahalo,

-Hapa

[GPORT]
Members
222 posts
13,266 battles

Ok , did the missions , dl'ed the game , ran a check before anything else , started game , and...……...get to a blue planet screen with the date / time stamp upper right corner.....and zero buttons to push anywhere . Did a restart , loaded game , same thing .

Now , lets make ol' Gaf  and everyone else happy and please fix it .

Edit...as of now it works using the prescribed fix .

Edited by Gafwmn

[DNTZ]
Members
433 posts
22,753 battles
37 minutes ago, Hapa_Fodder said:

The game that you get upon completion of the Space event in World of Warships is the Masters of Orion game, but only through the WGC.

Mahalo,

-Hapa

@Hapa_Fodder - Thanks for quick response and the clarification on the Space event version of MOO.

My other question becomes:  Is the Premium shop version of MOO the same as the one I have available in WGC OR is it a standalone (ie - runs outside of WGC)?

This is a game I played a ton back in the day and will buy a camo bundle to get a standalone version of.  I already have the permanent camos for the ships listed (and realize I'd get doubloons) and wouldn't spend money on "use once and discard" camos, so this is me wanting to know about the game before spending the money in the Premium shop (for me I would be spending money on MOO and getting the other stuff along with it...).  The WoWS webpage seems to *imply* that this is the standalone single player version that would be downloaded and installed (not WGC)

I hope this event (and apparently Tanks) breathes some life into the game from a Development standpoint (I realize it was an entirely different Dev team).  The reviews upon its launch were good and the original game and first sequel were epic in their day.

Thanks in advance!

[WG]
4,592 posts
15,143 battles
9 minutes ago, BruDog1970 said:

@Hapa_Fodder - Thanks for quick response and the clarification on the Space event version of MOO.

My other question becomes:  Is the Premium shop version of MOO the same as the one I have available in WGC OR is it a standalone (ie - runs outside of WGC)?

This is a game I played a ton back in the day and will buy a camo bundle to get a standalone version of.  I already have the permanent camos for the ships listed (and realize I'd get doubloons) and wouldn't spend money on "use once and discard" camos, so this is me wanting to know about the game before spending the money in the Premium shop (for me I would be spending money on MOO and getting the other stuff along with it...).  The WoWS webpage seems to *imply* that this is the standalone single player version that would be downloaded and installed (not WGC)

I hope this event (and apparently Tanks) breathes some life into the game from a Development standpoint (I realize it was an entirely different Dev team).  The reviews upon its launch were good and the original game and first sequel were epic in their day.

Thanks in advance!

I believe, (and I'll do some digging and come back if I am incorrect) it is going to be its own stand alone client.

Mahalo,

-Hapa

[DNTZ]
Members
433 posts
22,753 battles
2 minutes ago, Hapa_Fodder said:

I believe, (and I'll do some digging and come back if I am incorrect) it is going to be its own stand alone client.

Mahalo,

-Hapa

@Hapa_Fodder   Thanks!  I appreciate you looking into this.  The offer is very limited time and I want to *know* what I am getting before I purchase.  I am not interested in the rest of the bundle...

• Cool 1

[CRF]
Members
978 posts
8,973 battles

Did the battle, got the game, started it up without any issues.  Now it's going to sit in the library along with the 30 games I have in my GOG library and the other 30 games I have in my Steam library.  Not sure why when I spend 1 hour in a game, 3 hours pass by IRL.

Banned
11 posts
569 battles
On 4/9/2020 at 10:00 AM, DeadSkies said:

I'm sorry but I'll have to disagree with this. The MOO is not free. In order for you to get the game, first, you have to purchase a bundle of some kind to get the mission for the game. Why advertise something for free when it cost money just for the mission. If it were actually free, you'd have to do a mission and receive it as a consolation gift for your completion of the mission. I see nothing posted about getting the mission without first having to purchase a bundle, for the "Free' game. By using 'Purchase & Free' in the same sentence or, advertisement of a paid item, does not work for me. Not to add, I see camo for ships I don't even own or, will possibly ever own, in my life time.

the same shittymantricks have been played in WoWP and Tanks. Constantly referencing "giFts", "freE" stufF.

Unfortunately, they are following the NA model of sales- lies, bull manure, deflectiOn, bait and switch, slight of hand etc. Would be niCe if there were some kind of cOde of cOnduct for WG to follow that didn't involve the NA business model of deceit. The carrot in this instance is nOt freE, or a gift. Don't believe? Find a dictionary, for common English Language usage, this one is a LegAL DEfINITION:

https://definitions.uslegal.com/g/gifts/

"A gift is the voluntary transfer of property or funds to another without receiving anything of value in return and without conditions attached while both the giver and the recipient are still alive. The gift giver (donor) must understand the nature of the act and have a voluntary intent to make a gift, called a donative intent. There must be either physical or symbolic delivery of the gift and actual or imputed acceptance by the donee."

What is really unfOrtunate, is that the masses have accepted this as "normal" business practice. WaKE uP! Insist on Straight forward language, no douBle speak, clariTy, openesS, acCounTabiLity.... or nOt... "four legs goOD, two legs baD...", "Napolean is alWays right":... "all giFTs are freE, except sOme are mOre freE than oThers!.."

Edited by Mjr_fUnKadeLiC
  • Cool 3

[AZUR1]
Members
2 posts
13,014 battles
On 4/9/2020 at 11:09 AM, Hapa_Fodder said:

Read it on the portal

6 hours ago, Hapa_Fodder said:

Mahalo,

-Hapa

Is the European part 2 combat missions already available? I cannot see yet...

[GWG]
[GWG]
Alpha Tester
27,960 posts
14,894 battles
On 4/9/2020 at 12:00 PM, DeadSkies said:

46 minutes ago, Mjr_fUnKadeLiC said:

the same shittymantricks have been played in WoWP and Tanks. Constantly referencing "giFts", "freE" stufF.

Unfortunately, they are following the NA model of sales- lies, bull manure, deflectiOn, bait and switch, slight of hand etc. Would be niCe if there were some kind of cOde of cOnduct for WG to follow that didn't involve the NA business model of deceit. The carrot in this instance is nOt freE, or a gift. Don't believe? Find a dictionary, for common English Language usage, this one is a LegAL DEfINITION:

https://definitions.uslegal.com/g/gifts/

"A gift is the voluntary transfer of property or funds to another without receiving anything of value in return and without conditions attached while both the giver and the recipient are still alive. The gift giver (donor) must understand the nature of the act and have a voluntary intent to make a gift, called a donative intent. There must be either physical or symbolic delivery of the gift and actual or imputed acceptance by the donee."

What is really unfOrtunate, is that the masses have accepted this as "normal" business practice. WaKE uP! Insist on Straight forward language, no douBle speak, clariTy, openesS, acCounTabiLity.... or nOt... "four legs goOD, two legs baD...", "Napolean is alWays right":... "all giFTs are freE, except sOme are mOre freE than oThers!.."

No you do not have to pay to get the free game and if you scrolled down a bit you would have seen this.

Please note: you can also gain access to the combat mission by clicking a special button within the website publication. Follow the news!

https://worldofwarships.com/en/news/general-news/master-of-orion/

• Boring 1

[CSG]
[CSG]
Members
59 posts
13,108 battles

game not working.

DL fine.

open/load.

planet screensaver & does nothing.

exit, integrity/repair.

same.

typical wargaming, even the give-away is crap.

i'd ask 4 fix, but....wargaming fixes nothing.

[KW]
Members
1 post
13,812 battles

Problems here.... I did buy a bundle and completed the 4 stages for getting the camos. Did not recieve any other personal missions for the Master of Orion nor an email link to it. I whent to the Wargaming.net site and it auto logged me in and proceeded to the Master of Orion link (via Steam) and it wants me to purchas it yet again. .... Help !

Members
5 posts
841 battles
On ‎4‎/‎9‎/‎2020 at 8:15 PM, Slammer58 said:

Yeah, me either.  Completed the 1st mission in the Masters of the Galaxy chain in co-op in a T8.  Got camos. 

Ah, go into the Game Center.  Click on All Games.   Select MOO.  Click on INSTALL.  Its downloading now.  Will see what happens after the download.

Downloaded and working.  :cap_horn: Had to exit WOWS first.  Seems GC only lets you run 1 game at a time.

Would've liked a Steam key, but thanks Wargaming!

Why would WG give you a key for an ENEMY game service?

Members
5 posts
841 battles

You can get the mission without buying the camo. Firstly click on the link, that will open the window in internet explorer. The problem is, internet explorer is crap. What you need to do is COPY the link, open a decent browser like chrome or firefox, and PASTE the link into the chrome/firefox address bar. Log in, and you will have a 'PARTICIPATE' button (that is invisible when using IE). Click that, you get the mission ;)

• Cool 1

[DNTZ]
Members
433 posts
22,753 battles
On 4/10/2020 at 10:24 AM, Hapa_Fodder said:

Mahalo,

-Hapa

@Hapa_Fodder

Here is what I have learned/already knew that may be helpful:

1)  We did get the full single player standalone game through doing the missions (or buying the bundles).  You need to install the game through WGC, but you don't need to run the game through wgc_api.exe (which is what the desktop shortcut points at).  You just run:

MasterofOrion.exe located in the [install location]. 

Default if unchanged is:  C:\Games\Master_of_Orion\MasterOfOrion.exe

2)  Most of the people with issues getting a main screen need to run:

vcredist_x64.exe located in [install location]/Packages/2013.

Default if unchanged is:  C:\Games\Master_of_Orion\Packages\2013\vcredist_x64.exe

3)  The Tutorial mission is a great way to learn the controls.  It forces you to colonize a crappy planet early on and dictates your first 7 turns, but is a great way to learn about how to play the game.  After turn 7 you will be able to do as you please even if the tutorial is still giving advice.

4)  This version seems to incorporate the good parts of MasterOfOrion and MasterOfOrion 2.  MasterOfOrion 3 was terrible and the reason a fourth one was never made.

5)  This is a turn based 4x Space Game.   The combat can be real time, but the rest of the game is turn based.  I mention this because the players getting this are getting it from World Of Warships (which is far from turn based).

6)  There is a well written manual in the [install location]\Manuals directory.

Hope this helps others!

• Cool 1

[AKN]
Members
30 posts
7,979 battles

do any of use who have the game ( bought months ago on steam got the orignal threw 3 and also the remake updated verson as abundle) and the orignal Moo 3 with the huge fold out hotkey booklet?

?

Members
348 posts

What does space have to do with ww2 era warships weegee? 

You keep shooting yourself in your russian foot!  

i feel sorry for you weegeee you are losing your focus.