Jump to content
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Hapa_Fodder

Act Fast to Complete the "Strong-Willed" Campaign!

54 comments in this topic

Recommended Posts

7,861
[WG]
Administrator, Developers, Community Department, WG Staff, In AlfaTesters
4,571 posts
15,079 battles

A new temporary Campaign designated "Strong-Willed" is now available in the game. Let's take a look at what you need to know about Campaigns in general.


Read it on the portal
  • Boring 3
  • Meh 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23
[-TCO-]
Members
21 posts
14,497 battles

The European or other campaigns.........why only Random.... why not Co-op battles..... The WoW does not want the new players to compete it. This at times seems so frustrating BUT why should  developers cares....

  • Cool 11
  • Boring 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4,369
[PVE]
Members
10,914 posts
18,891 battles
23 minutes ago, Ranveer64 said:

The European or other campaigns.........why only Random.... why not Co-op battles..... The WoW does not want the new players to compete it. This at times seems so frustrating BUT why should  developers cares....

It can be completed in Co op, just not nearly as easy, Co op players have accepted this long ago and just do it. Being left out of events completely is what really sucks. Like watching broadcasts for codes for the EU containers and then they aren't doable in Co op at all, so you are forced to play Randoms (which I did not) or you can't get enough EU tokens for more of the ships. Which WG seems to be doing more and more, shame on you WG.

Edited by Sovereigndawg
  • Cool 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3,118
[PVE]
Members
5,095 posts
22,518 battles
1 hour ago, Hapa_Fodder said:

A new temporary Campaign designated "Strong-Willed" is now available in the game. Let's take a look at what you need to know about Campaigns in general.

Without it being playable in COOP, you are excluding thousands of players.....  Segment one has a one star COOP mission you'll have to repeat seven times........  You are required to buy Tier 8+ ships for the second COOP mission because the first EU event, to obtain 8+ ships, could not be done without buying ships or gambling on crates.   This stinks to high Hades of a cash grab for Whales again whom write glowing reviews in the forums and leave out the details that they are Whales and have bought their way through the Campaign(s).......   Normal COOP and F2P players:  need not try cause there is no way to complete this in COOP without spending real money.  If so, maybe @Hapa_Fodder can explain to us how, in 6 months, without buying 8+ EU ships, an average COOP player gets through this event ?   I'd love to read that because I'd surely give it a try..........  I hate giving up on a challenge.

It appears your team doesn't want F2P players anymore nor people whom don't spend real money on this game anymore.   What a shame.

  • Cool 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6,106
[FOXEH]
Banned
14,364 posts
20,618 battles
7 hours ago, Hapa_Fodder said:

Let's take a look at what you need to know

Dear @Hapa_Fodder,

By looking at the above comments from the player base, I would say that you need to know not everyone is as happy with the new mission as WG had hoped. Maybe I'm reading it wrong. The majority of the campaign needs to be done at tier 8, and some parts tiers 9 or 10, which seems to be unduly restrictive on the player population as a whole, as it seems like not everyone enjoys playing at those tiers. Also, as some players have taken the time to express above, some are unhappy about the entire mission not being able to be completed in co-op, as that is their preferred meta for playing the game. And, on a personal aside, this being only my own opinion, asking someone to complete multiple tasks on 6 different missions for what basically amounts to a 10 point Captain, despite the addition of Jerzy Swirski's special talents, is asking quite a lot for a less than stellar reward. Again, only my opinion, but looking in the Armory you can find Captains with similar special talents available for purchase and at a cost which hardly matches up with what WG is asking for Captain Swirski. To paraphrase a line from a famous movie, the juice just doesn't seem to be equal to the squeeze. 

I freely admit this is an opinion, based solely on my impression of the special event, but by even the few comments from others posted above it seems like I'm not the only one with that opinion. So, if you would, please pass these concerns on to whomever runs these contests for future reference, with the idea of making WGs special events a more universally accepted part of the game, to be enjoyed by a larger percentage of the player base. 

Thank You ..... Umikami

  • Cool 7
  • Boring 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
302
[PVE]
Members
1,144 posts
9,607 battles

Unless I am mistaken, we can now grind the European DD line so technically we can all get a T8 and a T9 for free. However, it is simply not feasible to grind to T8 and T9 in a short enough amount of time for many of us.

By the time my Vesteras (the highest I got in stage 1) grind is done and my T7 is unlocked I will have a 10 commander anyway and the new commander's perks aren't worth that much of a grind to me.

Just make the campaign permanent and none of this will be a real problem any more.

Edited by MasterDiggs
  • Cool 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10,433
[SALVO]
Members
26,116 posts
29,100 battles
3 hours ago, Asym_KS said:

Without it being playable in COOP, you are excluding thousands of players.....  Segment one has a one star COOP mission you'll have to repeat seven times........  You are required to buy Tier 8+ ships for the second COOP mission because the first EU event, to obtain 8+ ships, could not be done without buying ships or gambling on crates.   This stinks to high Hades of a cash grab for Whales again whom write glowing reviews in the forums and leave out the details that they are Whales and have bought their way through the Campaign(s).......   Normal COOP and F2P players:  need not try cause there is no way to complete this in COOP without spending real money.  If so, maybe @Hapa_Fodder can explain to us how, in 6 months, without buying 8+ EU ships, an average COOP player gets through this event ?   I'd love to read that because I'd surely give it a try..........  I hate giving up on a challenge.

It appears your team doesn't want F2P players anymore nor people whom don't spend real money on this game anymore.   What a shame.

Asym, you're not required to buy (for real money, if that's what you were getting at) a tier 8+ European ship for this campaign.  The  Swedish tech tree DD line is now available in game.  

Also, limiting a campaign to tier 8 and above is nothing new.  I will say though that the campaign seems overly difficult, and the tasks that are doable in coop are for things that are particularly difficult to earn in coop, i.e. FXP, credits, Comm XP.

I have no doubt that I can do this campaign easily enough, but I can see that this will be a LOT of work for anyone playing in coop.

Regardless, I looked at every tasks and did not see any task that was going to require you to spend a dime.  A lot of time, yes.  Money, no.

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
275
[TCAL]
Members
1,211 posts
12,732 battles

Once again WG ignores ships below tier V. 40% of the tiers are just eye candy - pathetic. But then again, WG hasn't figured out a way to milk big bucks from low tier players...:Smile_trollface:

  • Cool 2
  • Funny 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3,118
[PVE]
Members
5,095 posts
22,518 battles
6 hours ago, Crucis said:

Asym, you're not required to buy (for real money, if that's what you were getting at) a tier 8+ European ship for this campaign.  The  Swedish tech tree DD line is now available in game.  

Also, limiting a campaign to tier 8 and above is nothing new.  I will say though that the campaign seems overly difficult, and the tasks that are doable in coop are for things that are particularly difficult to earn in coop, i.e. FXP, credits, Comm XP.

I have no doubt that I can do this campaign easily enough, but I can see that this will be a LOT of work for anyone playing in coop.

Regardless, I looked at every tasks and did not see any task that was going to require you to spend a dime.  A lot of time, yes.  Money, no.

As I said, I don't have any Tier 8 or above EU ships and yes, they are in the tech tree.........if you have the time (if you don't have FXP) or FXP to "purchase them" and then, outfit them.......  And, find the best EU CPT you have......and you'll need even more money to switch CPT's.....   Anyway, I am 7/8 into the first star, 6 to go I guess....   I looked at the other segments and they are even harder.... 

I'll just play as I normally do and if I get something free along the way, that's better than nothing. 

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10
[TMP]
Members
24 posts
3,557 battles

capncruch21:

"Could we finally please get the Isuroku Yamamoto campaign modified to include co-op play too?"

<sarc>

No, of course not, because that would violate IJN policy to not co-operate with anyone, including itself.  

</sarc>

  • Funny 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
575 posts
5,040 battles

As a Free-to-play player who doesn't want to pollute Randoms with his poor play while chasing goodies, I have no idea how I'm supposed to complete this campaign using nothing more than a Cleveland, Albemarle and my Vasteras in Coop.

Might get what I can out of it, but probably not the 10-pt Captain. Seems out of reach and, frankly, not a very enjoyable-looking grind whatsoever.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
114 posts
8,398 battles
On 4/9/2020 at 7:23 PM, capncrunch21 said:

Could we finally please get the Isuroku Yamamoto campaign modified to include co-op play too?

 

And the Meritous service one too. Also make so that the science of victory campaign can be done entirely on coop and does not require randoms for some stages.

Or even better, make campaigns fully completable in coop so more people can enjoy them.

  • Cool 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1
[LOLZ]
Members
23 posts
15,982 battles
Quote

It can be completed in Co op, just not nearly as easy, Co op players have accepted this long ago and just do it. Being left out of events completely is what really sucks. Like watching broadcasts for codes for the EU containers and then they aren't doable in Co op at all, so you are forced to play Randoms (which I did not) or you can't get enough EU tokens for more of the ships. Which WG seems to be doing more and more, shame on you WG.

On the Strong Willed campaign, 1st mission has 2 tasks that are Co-Op for a total of 3 out of 7 required stars.  How can this campaign be completed if you can't get past the the first mission? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
575 posts
5,040 battles
10 hours ago, ATCC said:

On the Strong Willed campaign, 1st mission has 2 tasks that are Co-Op for a total of 3 out of 7 required stars.  How can this campaign be completed if you can't get past the the first mission? 

 

You can redo the same tasks repeatedly for the same amount of stars - but you get the reward for that particular task only once.

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
56
[JOV-]
Members
71 posts
12,433 battles

WG i stopped at tier 8 and after the cv update i stopped random battles and i have noticed that these missions are not available too co op players why?

and why in co op if the bots are loosing the match ends before the mission is completed yet  a player with a team of bots fights to the last ship and if he quits he is penalized .

you really are making it harder to even start the game anymore, your team already killed wot for me it looks like wow is on the same path

  • Cool 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8
[2O2O]
Members
14 posts

@Hapa_Fodder

Quick question, I got Swirski from the Armory.  I started Strong Willed campaign for the 5K coal, steel and Commander XP.  If I complete the campaign, will I get Swirski again or compensation?   

Thanks in advance.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7,861
[WG]
Administrator, Developers, Community Department, WG Staff, In AlfaTesters
4,571 posts
15,079 battles
17 minutes ago, Goat__Rodeo said:

@Hapa_Fodder

Quick question, I got Swirski from the Armory.  I started Strong Willed campaign for the 5K coal, steel and Commander XP.  If I complete the campaign, will I get Swirski again or compensation?   

Thanks in advance.

Aloha,

So if you got Swirsky in the bundles you will get 7500 doubloons in his place after the campaign.

Mahalo,

-Hapa

  • Cool 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
101
[OVRPN]
[OVRPN]
Beta Testers
183 posts
18,896 battles
On 4/9/2020 at 9:28 AM, Asym_KS said:

Without it being playable in COOP, you are excluding thousands of players.....  Segment one has a one star COOP mission you'll have to repeat seven times........  You are required to buy Tier 8+ ships for the second COOP mission because the first EU event, to obtain 8+ ships, could not be done without buying ships or gambling on crates.   This stinks to high Hades of a cash grab for Whales again whom write glowing reviews in the forums and leave out the details that they are Whales and have bought their way through the Campaign(s).......   Normal COOP and F2P players:  need not try cause there is no way to complete this in COOP without spending real money.  If so, maybe @Hapa_Fodder can explain to us how, in 6 months, without buying 8+ EU ships, an average COOP player gets through this event ?   I'd love to read that because I'd surely give it a try..........  I hate giving up on a challenge.

It appears your team doesn't want F2P players anymore nor people whom don't spend real money on this game anymore.   What a shame.

Every step has 2 tasks that are completable in co-op and every final task is completable in co-op. Nothing prevents you from completing the Strong-Willed campaign entirely in co-op.

  • Cool 2
  • Meh 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
145
[4-FUN]
[4-FUN]
Members
195 posts
10,013 battles

Question for WG.

Steel Monsters Campaign.

When that campaign was released, I think it was Christmas 2018, you stated roughly "it will be around for a while and you can buy it and play it at your leasure."

So I bought the PEF and roughly two or three months later, went to purchase Steel Monsters only to find it withdrawn. No notice, nothing on the forums etc.

Soooo, are you going to bring it back for those of use who missed out first time so we can finally purchase and play it?

I am COOP only and wont be playing any of the Random campaigns which are all that are left now I have Halsey.

Regards
CC123

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15,289
[ARGSY]
Members
23,352 posts
17,307 battles

As a player who has already completed the Yamamoto Isoroku campaign in Randoms,  and has nothing to gain from making it more accessible, I would like to add my support to the calls for the XP and credit tasks in that campaign to be enabled for co-op players. 

I understand and accept that the Honorable Service campaign would be much more difficult to adapt to co-op, as the tasks are mostly combat-related and co-op would make this significantly (perhaps disproportionately) easier.

I have already said my piece on the Strong-Willed campaign elsewhere, but the constructive criticisms seem to be of one voice - too much grind for the given reward, and at too high a tier in most of the tasks across all missions. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
55
[PUMA]
Members
166 posts
10,110 battles

We need more permanent campaigns!!

Also I like to mention "Operation", can you guys reset it like every year? so we can get rewards again?

Once all the operations are done and got all rewards it is not really interesting at all to play it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×