Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
desmo_2

constantly disconnecting...

5 comments in this topic

[O_O]
Members
6,966 posts
16,961 battles

I have been playing WoWS on my old PC since Open Beta.  I recently built a new PC and am not having any issues on the new one.  On my old one, however, I am now getting frequently disconnected.  Sometimes I can immediately reconnect, but other times it takes several attempts.  My internet appears to be fine, as when I disconnect I will check and ensure it is still available.

I have run Check and Repair.  I just updated to 0.9.3, and can't stay connected long enough to get into a battle.

Any ideas what could be going on?

[O_O]
[O_O]
Members
5,221 posts
22,778 battles

Sounds more like a network than game issue. Actually, it sounds a lot like an IP conflict. There are a lot of variables involved here but one way to resolve this, if it is the issue, is to open a command prompt and type in ipconfig /release, hit enter, the type ipconfig /renew. That resets your IP issued by your DHCP server, generally your router. I've had up/down connections in the past on different PC on the network and this was the issue.

My 2 cents...

Edit: Why you still driving that old PoS anyway? You've got a Ferrari as a replacement!

Edited by Khafni
  • Cool 1

[WORX]
Members
12,638 posts
19,898 battles
1 hour ago, desmo_2 said:

I have been playing WoWS on my old PC since Open Beta.  I recently built a new PC and am not having any issues on the new one.  On my old one, however, I am now getting frequently disconnected.  Sometimes I can immediately reconnect, but other times it takes several attempts.  My internet appears to be fine, as when I disconnect I will check and ensure it is still available.

I have run Check and Repair.  I just updated to 0.9.3, and can't stay connected long enough to get into a battle.

Any ideas what could be going on?

If I were you, I would do the trouble shooting checklist first...

Did you do anything to your system ?

Do you have any mods installed ?

I recommend to do a 5 min cold restart of your gear (PC, modem, router) and then do check and repair..

[O_O]
Members
6,966 posts
16,961 battles
32 minutes ago, Khafni said:

Edit: Why you still driving that old PoS anyway? You've got a Ferrari as a replacement!

:Smile_veryhappy:  I took this old box to my lake house.  With all the craziness going on, I've been spending a lot more time there.  Maybe I should switch machines!

[O_O]
[O_O]
Members
5,221 posts
22,778 battles
18 minutes ago, desmo_2 said:

:Smile_veryhappy:  I took this old box to my lake house.  With all the craziness going on, I've been spending a lot more time there.  Maybe I should switch machines!

Prob not an ipconfig issue then... Good luck fixin' it!

Sign in to follow this