You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Ensign_Cthulhu

Interesting new mission: win access to the space game "Master of Orion" and some one-shot camos.

52 comments in this topic

[ARGSY]
Members
23,462 posts
17,427 battles

One promoted by WG on the WOWS website, no less. 

https://worldofwarships.com/en/news/general-news/master-of-orion/ 

You can also get yourself up to 26 Sci-Fi Space camos, AND it can be done in co-op. All you have to do is win battles.

Even if the game doesn't interest you, it's worth accepting the mission for the one-shot camos. They're 100% XP, 100% Commander XP, if memory serves correctly.

In addition, at the bottom of the page there is a link for bundles that include some of the bionic space camos from last year's Space Battles event - for Pensacola, Algerie, Charles Martel and Buffalo.

• Cool 11

[WOLFG]
Members
32,398 posts
10,021 battles

Thanx for the heads up!

Always looking for free camo.

[SALVO]
Members
7,102 posts
5,569 battles

Thank you mate. Is this a new "remake" of Master of Orion? I remember playing something with that title eons ago

[-TCO-]
[-TCO-]
Members
710 posts
5,997 battles
7 minutes ago, ArIskandir said:

Thank you mate. Is this a new "remake" of Master of Orion? I remember playing something with that title eons ago

Yup. Original was released in the early 1990's. 

[NFFS]
Members
248 posts
7,741 battles

I believe this is new - the original game was DOS.  I remember this one as well.  There were many, many hours spent playing Master of Orion and Antares.

[PVE]
Members
5,119 posts
22,679 battles

Thanks for the information.  If this is just another game from the same people who created this game, I'll pass........fool me twice; but, not a third time.....  They'd just use the same sales tactics and they aren't acceptable to me. 

• Boring 1

[DRFTR]
Beta Testers
3,924 posts

While the bundles sadly do not include any ships i like .. (i spent money on the tanks MOO bundle because the perma camo can go on any tank) i was a fan of MOO once upon a time, I was gonna grumble about win requirement and then realized this isn't tanks woohoo :)

[ARGSY]
Members
23,462 posts
17,427 battles

Well, if you're not going to do it for the game, you can spam co-op and grab some useful one-shot camos. 

[WOLFG]
Members
11,844 posts
10,997 battles
6 minutes ago, Ensign_Cthulhu said:

Well, if you're not going to do it for the game, you can spam co-op and grab some useful one-shot camos. 

I'm going to spam coop anyways, so thanks for the info.

[PSP]
[PSP]
Members
14,534 posts
2 hours ago, Ensign_Cthulhu said:

One promoted by WG on the WOWS website, no less. 

Back in the 90s I played the original MOO for hours upon hours. 

[A-D-F]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
8,816 posts
24 minutes ago, Asym_KS said:

Thanks for the information.  If this is just another game from the same people who created this game, I'll pass........fool me twice; but, not a third time.....  They'd just use the same sales tactics and they aren't acceptable to me. 

Master Of Orion is a classic.  It was made loooooooong before in game sales were a thing. It was originally released back in the early 90s on MS-DOS. 

[PVE]
Members
10,932 posts
18,944 battles

if you go to the Warships website you can see all of the games available by clicking the games drop down at the upper left. You can also find out more about MOO, and it has links to the website.

https://worldofwarships.com/

http://masteroforion.com/intro?utm_source=global-nav&utm_medium=link&utm_campaign=wows-portal

Edited by Sovereigndawg

[PVE]
Members
5,119 posts
22,679 battles
25 minutes ago, Burnsy said:

Master Of Orion is a classic.  It was made loooooooong before in game sales were a thing. It was originally released back in the early 90s on MS-DOS. 

OK?  Who made it?  They are advertising it now in WoWs........that means, our host is involved so.........  I can't see investing time in yet another game designed by them....  Ouch.    And, I love space games.  Just like I love naval games and what, 2-1/2 years later, all of us whom are left in-game can talk about is when we are leaving; because, this "great game" went down the tubes like WoTs did........same story, different game.    If I were looking to space, ED is where I'd go.......  A great many of us were deeply involved in Eve....  We even had a "corporate team" where we'd play at lunch !!!  We all retired........

Thanks for the information !!!  Most helpful. :cap_like:  I do appreciate the effort.....

[A-D-F]
8,816 posts
14 minutes ago, Asym_KS said:

OK?  Who made it?  They are advertising it now in WoWs........that means, our host is involved so.........  I can't see investing time in yet another game designed by them....  Ouch.    And, I love space games.  Just like I love naval games and what, 2-1/2 years later, all of us whom are left in-game can talk about is when we are leaving; because, this "great game" went down the tubes like WoTs did........same story, different game.    If I were looking to space, ED is where I'd go.......  A great many of us were deeply involved in Eve....  We even had a "corporate team" where we'd play at lunch !!!  We all retired........

Thanks for the information !!!  Most helpful. :cap_like:  I do appreciate the effort.....

I am a financial backer from ED way back in the day, soooo many hours in that game, it's a blast.  Have a toon in eve from 2005 etc etc.  Space games are ma jam!

MOO was developed by Simtex.  The remake is published by WG labs, not developed, it's just a business venture for them. 

If you don't want to play it, for sure don't.  If you like X4 style space games though, you are missing out on a game that doesn't just follow the format, it wrote the rules and showed the world how it's done.  It has nothing at all in the world to do or is related to, what you are talking about with War Gaming.

It is a stand alone, one purchase title, that is free for a little while.

• Cool 1

[PVE]
Members
20,163 posts
13,049 battles
6 minutes ago, Burnsy said:
12 minutes ago, Asym_KS said:

I am a financial backer from ED way back in the day, soooo many hours in that game, it's a blast.  Have a toon in eve from 2005 etc etc.  Space games are ma jam!

MOO was developed by Simtex.  The remake is published by WG labs, not developed, it's just a business venture for them.  If you don't want to play it, for sure don't.  If you like X4 style space games though, you are missing out on a game that doesn't just follow the format, it wrote the rules and showed the world how it's done.  It has nothing at all in the world to do or is related to, what you are talking about with War Gaming.

And even if you don't want to play MOO, you get 16 of these just for winning co-op battles.

1966107609_Sci-Ficamo.JPG.ad74a616db00ad9a01e065f261d25542.JPG

Members
7 posts
7,100 battles

Completed the first mission and got the rewards in game.  Went to Game Center and don't see it in my list.  Logged out of WoWs to see if that was the catalyst but still not in game center.  Is there a delay or another step beyond clicking the participate button on the site that I need to do?

Thanks,

Darmock.

[A-D-F]
8,816 posts
6 minutes ago, Darmock_On_The_Ocean said:

Completed the first mission and got the rewards in game.  Went to Game Center and don't see it in my list.  Logged out of WoWs to see if that was the catalyst but still not in game center.  Is there a delay or another step beyond clicking the participate button on the site that I need to do?

Thanks,

Darmock.

Click the "all games" tab, you will see it in the list if you scroll down.

• Cool 1

[PVE]
Members
5,119 posts
22,679 battles
26 minutes ago, Burnsy said:

MOO was developed by Simtex.  The remake is published by WG labs, not developed, it's just a business venture for them. 

If you don't want to play it, for sure don't.  If you like X4 style space games though, you are missing out on a game that doesn't just follow the format, it wrote the rules and showed the world how it's done.  It has nothing at all in the world to do or is related to, what you are talking about with War Gaming.

I didn't know if they remastered the game....   Thanks for the data.  I may try it because it is a space game.   Our host has so jaded me I have an immediate reaction to anything that comes from them......  Apologies.

[A-D-F]
8,816 posts
15 minutes ago, Asym_KS said:

I didn't know if they remastered the game....   Thanks for the data.  I may try it because it is a space game.   Our host has so jaded me I have an immediate reaction to anything that comes from them......  Apologies.

No problem at all!  Have fun!

[WOLFO]
[WOLFO]
Members
597 posts
5,863 battles

they have that bundle that includes the previous versions of the game. It's like 10-15$.

[SALVO]
Members
7,102 posts
5,569 battles
51 minutes ago, Burnsy said:

Enjoyed original MOO a lot back then but haven't tried the new one. Do you know how it measures against Solaris or Sins of a Solar Empire? brings something fresh on the table?

[SALVO]
Members
7,102 posts
5,569 battles
59 minutes ago, Asym_KS said:

Out of curiosity, why did you retired from EVE?