Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
DefundedUser_1036628598

Give players more free captain respecs

18 comments in this topic

Banned
259 posts
5,975 battles

Experimenting with different captain builds is one of the most fun and engaging aspects of this game. Also players already paid dearly for those skill points, mostly by spending their time on Wargaming's servers, which is just as essential a pillar of their business model as buying WG products. And yet, WG asks for either even more money or spending a lot more time on those servers for a commander skill points redistribution, which besides being unfair, also detracts from the gaming experience.

If you're not going to make redistribution free or at least lower the price in Commander XP drastically, you could maybe hand out the occasional free respec by making it a reward. It could then drop from daily containers, much like port slots, and conceivably be awarded for the "Daily MIssion: Hard" combat mission, as well as directives and such. Possibly even added to some campaign as a reward, their rewards and requirements structure should be reworked anyway since they mostly disallow competitive modes and such.

Edited by FixCVs
typo
  • Cool 4
  • Funny 1
  • Boring 1

Members
2,445 posts
14,525 battles

Now that you can put every economic flag on at once, there is no way they will reduce this cost, at least in commander xp.  It's like 5 or 6 decent games worth of commander xp with al flags and camo.

Members
3,792 posts
23,987 battles

This has been requested since the game left closed beta but WG will never allow it since the time spent grinding ships and captain skills can all be done for free. 

[OGZR]
Members
54 posts
9,803 battles
30 minutes ago, 1SneakyDevil said:

This has been requested since the game left closed beta but WG will never allow it since the time spent grinding ships and captain skills can all be done for free. 

It would be nice to only pay for the skills you change.  If I want to change a 4 pt skill but leave the others the same it would be great to only pay for the 4 pt skill and not all the skills.

Edited by parkedo
  • Cool 4

[FOXEH]
Banned
14,364 posts
20,624 battles

TRANSLATION: I want more things for free so I don't have to give WG so much of my money.

Good luck with that!

[OGZR]
Members
54 posts
9,803 battles
7 minutes ago, Umikami said:

TRANSLATION: I want more things for free so I don't have to give WG so much of my money.

Good luck with that!

It should be like the insurance commercial on TV.  "You only pay for what you need"

[-K_P-]
Members
439 posts
3,616 battles

Too bad we couldn't get the ability to experiment with different skill combinations, without breaking the bank.  i.e.: skills lock after 2 or 3 battles or when you switch ships/captains, or a lower cost if it was recently done.

The other option would be as mentioned above and previously to retrain specific skill levels not all skills at the same time.  Either would allow the player to find the best fit for each ship, instead of picking semi-blindly (assuming they have watched streams to see how others configure captains for a ship) as what will work for one player might not work best for them.  If we have this ability then it should improve the quality of the battles (outside of potatoes being potatoes).

[WDS]
[WDS]
Members
4,271 posts
12,235 battles
46 minutes ago, parkedo said:

It would be nice to only pay for the skills you change.  If I want to change a 4 pt skill but leave the others the same it would be great to only pay for the 4 pt skill and not all the skills.

I was always partial to this ^^ maybe a 100 doubloons a skill . But as @Old_Baldy_One said with new 21 economic flags allowed on a ship its never going to happen . This is also a great way for WG to bleed  people with lots of credits because they will buy and use more flags with there credit . 

Edited by clammboy

Banned
259 posts
5,975 battles
1 hour ago, Old_Baldy_One said:

Now that you can put every economic flag on at once, there is no way they will reduce this cost,

Why, will they also flood players with signal flags?

Because otherwise, the amount of XP gained will remain the same even if players did that. They'd just run out of flags more quickly.

Banned
259 posts
5,975 battles
19 minutes ago, Umikami said:

Well personally, I'm not giving them any more money anyway since the CV rework of course.

And if they don't fix that very soon, then I will increasingly go back to a pastime that is actually productive, like woodworking.

Edited by FixCVs
  • Boring 1

[FOXEH]
Banned
14,364 posts
20,624 battles
3 minutes ago, parkedo said:

It should be like the insurance commercial on TV.  "You only pay for what you need"

Let me get this straight .... during a world-wide crisis, when the economy is tanking, and people in general are facing difficulties paying mandatory bills, with entertainment bills not even being considered, you want an entertainment company to voluntarily reduce it's income, thus putting itself, and it's employees, at a greater economic risk so you can spend less money on something totally optional.

Yeah, you should send this idea in right away; I'm sure that WG would just love to hear your thoughts on this.

• Cool 1
  • Funny 1

[FOXEH]
Banned
14,364 posts
20,624 battles
2 minutes ago, FixCVs said:

Well personally, I'm not giving them any more money anyway since the CV rework of course.

And that makes you one of many, many, MANY players who have said the exact same thing; seems not as many people are as happy with the rework as WG had hoped.

Go figure!

Banned
259 posts
5,975 battles
25 minutes ago, Umikami said:

Let me get this straight .... during a world-wide crisis, when the economy is tanking, and people in general are facing difficulties paying mandatory bills,

Yeah sure. Boohoo. Those poor poor multinationals. The reality is of course that people are staying at home and have little else to do but play MMOs like crazy. Besides the profits of streaming TV providers, those of gaming companies like Wargaming are going through the roof right now.

thus putting itself, and it's employees, at a greater economic risk

Stop embarrassing yourself. Santa lootbox sales alone will keep WG comfortably afloat for eons.

Not that much of that is going to the working stiffs there of course. But trust me, their employees are the last thing on their mind.

Edited by FixCVs

Members
2,445 posts
14,525 battles
25 minutes ago, FixCVs said:

Why, will they also flood players with signal flags?

Because otherwise, the amount of XP gained will remain the same even if players did that. They'd just run out of flags more quickly.

There are people out there that have hundreds, thousands of each flag...so many that they could stack their ships every game for a year and not run out.

I play less than 10 games a day on average I'd guess, and don't spend money - even I have a significant stack of commander XP flags that I'll never get through (maybe I will now).

Once you get a few 19 point captains, the cost then only serves to limit you a bit.  Would I like it if they removed the cost?  Sure.  Don't see it happening.

Banned
259 posts
5,975 battles
1 minute ago, Old_Baldy_One said:

There are people out there that have hundreds, thousands of each flag...so many that they could stack their ships every game for a year and not run out.

Seah sure but those have of course also long since figured out their captain builds. They are also mostly clan players and get two weeks of free redistribution every clan battle season anyway.

Would I like it if they removed the cost?  Sure.  Don't see it happening.

This idea was clearly more aimed at new players. Generally, I don't see the upside of players arguing against players' interests, which is something that happens every time when someone brings up a suggestion like this. It's a bit like voting for the GOP even though you're not a multi-billionaire.

On the other hand, I only just noticed they are now letting CVs into clan battles anyway and do away with the free respec at the same time, using the first thing as an excuse for the second one. So I'm out for good anyway. It was mostly nice while it lasted. Thanks for all the fish.

Members
2,445 posts
14,525 battles
1 minute ago, FixCVs said:

Seah sure but those have of course also long since figured out their captain builds.

Cause WG never changes the game......

I'm not against it changing it or reducing the cost...but I don't think it's a huge deal.  By the time you figure out there is a problem with your spec, you can probably wait for a free respec anyways (that has historically happened a couple times a year).

Banned
259 posts
5,975 battles
9 minutes ago, Old_Baldy_One said:

..but I don't think it's a huge deal.

It is a very huge deal for NEW PLAYERS. Part of the fun of a game is figuring out how it works. This is the key reason I got into clan playing in the first place. Initially, I didn't much care about the competitive side at all but throwing around all those redistribution experiments with merry abandon was a big hoot, agaion and again and again. The most fun two weeks of the quarter, basically.

But if you can't experiment without playing through the nose for it, and you need to grind up to Tier VIII at least to even just get into Clan play, then most of them just skip the experimenting and just go straight on youtube instead of buying crates full of doubloons. Ergo it makes the game less fun and interesting for those who are only just discovering it, arguably of the most important demographics.

Just another of the many many examples where WG are cutting their nose to spite their face.

And arguing on WG's behalf is not the players' job but that of their PR hacks. It's called solidarity; something whose value the USA is learning at immense cost these days.

Edited by FixCVs

[OGZR]
Members
54 posts
9,803 battles
1 hour ago, Umikami said:

Let me get this straight .... during a world-wide crisis, when the economy is tanking, and people in general are facing difficulties paying mandatory bills, with entertainment bills not even being considered, you want an entertainment company to voluntarily reduce it's income, thus putting itself, and it's employees, at a greater economic risk so you can spend less money on something totally optional.

Yeah, you should send this idea in right away; I'm sure that WG would just love to hear your thoughts on this.

You need to wake up a smell what you are shoveling.

Edited by parkedo

Sign in to follow this