You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Kagenomure

captan from ship to ship

9 comments in this topic

Members
64 posts
1,209 battles

just wondering if anyone can help me with this but i cant remeber if i saw this right or not but a while back i thought i read something about being able to take a captin from one ship and put it on another ship but what i cant remeber is the following. Does the ship have to be from the same line, what i mean is can you put a japanese commander on a french ship or anything like that.

I ask cuase like i said i thought at one time i read that there were some captins that could be put on any ship wither or not they were the same faction so to speak. Another reason i ask is i am working on a campign to get a japanese commander but i dont have many jap ships to put him on, but i do have high tier french and german ships

[BBNS]
Beta Testers
395 posts
6,751 battles

Must be the same Nation doesn't need to be from same ship type though.

Members
64 posts
1,209 battles

ok i guess i was miss informed, but i swear at one time i thought i did see something about being able to take a captin from one nation and put it on another nations ship, that sucks cuases now im gonna have to work on the ijn line yeesh

[BWC]
Beta Testers
2,007 posts
7,783 battles

There was one captain who was dual-nation and able to be placed on a Russian or American ship, but I believe that was the only one.

Premium/Special ships allow you to place any commander of that nation on board, without needing to retrain them, and they retain training for the ship they were trained to before being placed aboard the Premium/Special ship. However, still restricted by nationality.

Normal ships require the captain to be retrained before their skills become active, and are still nation-restricted.

Note you can pay credits to halve the retraining XP required, or you can pay 500 doubloons to immediately retrain a captain. It will also require additional doubloons if you need to reset the skills of that captain if their new ship does not fit the skills they currently have.

This is why many players get a Premium or Special ship for a nation they will be progressing through. The retraining XP can be earned on the Premium/Special ship and the captain's skills will be fully active while aboard it. Once the retraining XP has been earned, the captain can go back to their new ship.

[RTXN]
Banned
1,416 posts
39 minutes ago, Jakob_Knight said:

There was one captain who was dual-nation and able to be placed on a Russian or American ship, but I believe that was the only one.

Aleks Ovechkin - there were 2 that we could buy that had dual nationalities, but were overly expensive IMO.

Two more Ovechkin commanders were part of the mission rewards, but one was only US and the other only Russian.

[PVE]
Members
20,163 posts
13,049 battles
2 hours ago, Kagenomure said:

just wondering if anyone can help me with this but i cant remeber if i saw this right or not but a while back i thought i read something about being able to take a captin from one ship and put it on another ship but what i cant remeber is the following. Does the ship have to be from the same line, what i mean is can you put a japanese commander on a french ship or anything like that.

I ask cuase like i said i thought at one time i read that there were some captins that could be put on any ship wither or not they were the same faction so to speak. Another reason i ask is i am working on a campign to get a japanese commander but i dont have many jap ships to put him on, but i do have high tier french and german ships

see below

2 hours ago, Halli_SPARTA said:

Must be from the same line. 

If he is not from a Premium ship it will cost you 500 Doubloons.

Only if you spend the doubloons. You can move the Cmdr and retrain him using XP or ECXP.

2 hours ago, Kagenomure said:

ok i guess i was miss informed, but i swear at one time i thought i did see something about being able to take a captin from one nation and put it on another nations ship, that sucks cuases now im gonna have to work on the ijn line yeesh

46 minutes ago, Jakob_Knight said:

There are at least 4 and maybe more.

Two versions (there were 4) of Alexander Ovechkin can be placed on either US or USSR ships.

Akeno Misaki(HSF) is a Japanese Cmdr that can be placed on any Japanese ship or the HSF Graf Spee.

Thea Kreuter(HSF) is a German Cmdr that can be placed on any German ship or the HSF Harakaze

Premium/Special ships allow you to place any commander of that nation on board, without needing to retrain them, and they retain training for the ship they were trained to before being placed aboard the Premium/Special ship. However, still restricted by nationality.

Normal ships require the captain to be retrained before their skills become active, and are still nation-restricted.

Note you can pay credits to halve the retraining XP required, or you can pay 500 doubloons to immediately retrain a captain. It will also require additional doubloons if you need to reset the skills of that captain if their new ship does not fit the skills they currently have.

This is why many players get a Premium or Special ship for a nation they will be progressing through. The retraining XP can be earned on the Premium/Special ship and the captain's skills will be fully active while aboard it. Once the retraining XP has been earned, the captain can go back to their new ship.

This^^^

Each Cmdr can have only one tech tree ship trained at a time and must retrain for every tech tree ship they move to. As noted, you can halve the training XP needed with 200k credits and use Elite Cmdr XP (ECXP) to retrain a Cmdr. Premium ships do not need retraining and the Cmdrs must stay in nation, with the exceptions noted above. If you have a Cmdr that came with a premium ship, he is likely trained on the premium ship. You will need to retrain him if he moves to a tech tree ship.

The usual method for Cmdrs is to buy new ones free 1pt or 25 dub 3pt Cmdrs for up to T4 or so. At T5 plus, the usual method is to move one Cmdr up the line to the top tier you plan on getting (usually T10). So if you follow this method, plan out the skills you want the Cmdr to have at the top level you desire and get them along the way to minimize respec'ing the Cmdr. Buy and train new Cmdrs for any ships you intend to keep.

Right now you have Charleston as a premium ship, so let's use that as an example. First, decide if the Cmdr you are going to move up the line will sit on Worcester or Des Moines as they have two different skill sets needed. Let's say Des Moines. So as you move up from Omaha through Pensacola and up the line, you would keep adding to the Cmdr's skills with an eye on skills for DM. Each time you retrain the Cmdr, use the 200k option to halve the XP retraining requirement. Then when the Cmdr starts the retraining, put the Cmdr on Charleston to work off the retraining XP. The Cmdr will get full use of the skills while working off the retraining XP on Charleston and when you are done, put him back into the tech tree ship to regrind. While you are grinding the tech tree ship each day, put the Cmdr on Charleston until you win a battle to take advantage of the first win bonus to further grind the Cmdr. Of course Cmdr grinding with premiums works better at T5+ than with a T3 premium ship, but this is an example.

If you or anyone else wants a spreedsheet for keeping your Cmdr plans straight, PM me.

GL&FS <O

Edited by Kizarvexis
Thea is also HSF

[PVE]
Members
20,163 posts
13,049 battles
3 minutes ago, slokill_1 said:

And the ARP / Japanese commanders are interchangeable.

ARP just became Japanese ships.

• Cool 1