Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
wildcat18

Priority sector AA

6 comments in this topic

[CHASE]
[CHASE]
Beta Testers
394 posts
11,946 battles

There are two effects:

1. does an amount of damage immediately to enemy planes in the reinforced sector. I think something around 8-12% of a squadron's current max HP. Note that this is current max hp. So if a squadron has 8 planes, it will count 8 planes health as max, but if the same squadron after an attack only has 4 planes left, then the max health would be 4 planes. So use it on full squadrons for full effect.

2. Increase the continuous damage of AA mounts on the reinforced side by an certain amount for certain duration. I forgot the exact amount, but around 50-75%, depending on ship type(?) Also the cooldown is faster on DDs and slower on BBs and CA/CLs. This is the main reason to use sector reinforcement, as it lets you shoot down a few more planes before they strike. But really, it doesn't change the amount of planes that will be attacking in the first wave since any planes shot down will be replaced immediately, unless you can shoot down an entire squadron.

[O_O]
[O_O]
Members
5,221 posts
22,778 battles
1 hour ago, Vangm94 said:

Makes AA stronger on one side.

18 minutes ago, axyarthur said:

There are two effects:

1. does an amount of damage immediately to enemy planes in the reinforced sector. I think something around 8-12% of a squadron's current max HP. Note that this is current max hp. So if a squadron has 8 planes, it will count 8 planes health as max, but if the same squadron after an attack only has 4 planes left, then the max health would be 4 planes. So use it on full squadrons for full effect.

2. Increase the continuous damage of AA mounts on the reinforced side by an certain amount for certain duration. I forgot the exact amount, but around 50-75%, depending on ship type(?) Also the cooldown is faster on DDs and slower on BBs and CA/CLs. This is the main reason to use sector reinforcement, as it lets you shoot down a few more planes before they strike. But really, it doesn't change the amount of planes that will be attacking in the first wave since any planes shot down will be replaced immediately, unless you can shoot down an entire squadron.

Adding to @wildcat18's question, pressing "o" or "~" to enable the sector AA does NOT mean you are enabling the starboard side guns with "o" or the port side guns with "~", right? Pressing either key enables the AA guns on the side that your are "looking". That has been my experience. It has been a frustrating implementation to have to "look" to port when my focus is starboard. The "~" should activate starboard sector fire and the "o" should activate port sector fire, IMHO.

[DRFTR]
Beta Testers
3,919 posts

You highlight something that has been bugging me recently....

As a new player I didn't know this existed, and there is nothing in the battle UI to reflect that...  I think it should be added to the UI like the consumables, with the button showing control key and the timer until it is available again/expired etc. (but not as an actual consumable item)

Sign in to follow this