You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
IRISHSDOWN

Got the Moskva

13 comments in this topic

[SAPP]
Members
104 posts
9,050 battles

I had to use a bunch of free XP to get it.  Donskoi  I think is just about the worst ship in the game.  Couldn't stand it.  Love the Moskva!!!!!  Very happy with it.

• Cool 2
  • Boring 1

[KIA-C]
Members
3,694 posts
16,254 battles

Donskoi is far from being the worst ship in the game.

But I guess that's fine if you love Moksva

• Cool 1

[-KIA-]
Members
821 posts
11,337 battles

Didn't skip Donskoi, just slapped her with a lot of XP flags.
And yeah, Moskva is a good ship.

• Cool 1

[DUD]
Members
706 posts
2,470 battles

Oh hey, glad you decided to take my advice from the other thread and free exp it.   Told ya she was worth it haha

• Cool 1

[FRR]
Members
871 posts

Played Dmitri Donskoi in both coop and randoms. Unlocked Moskva without using any FXP, but I will wait for the Devblog announcement scheduled next week about how Moskva will move to the Armory before purchasing her.

• Cool 1
  • Thanks 1

[RLGN]
Members
15,693 posts
27,458 battles
1 hour ago, ArmoredFrostX said:

Played Dmitri Donskoi in both coop and randoms. Unlocked Moskva without using any FXP, but I will wait for the Devblog announcement scheduled next week about how Moskva will move to the Armory before purchasing her.

Or I’ll just ignore it.

Started 09/2015.

Still just on Budyonny.

Only ever really liked Bogatyr and The Donut. Never anything else.

• Cool 1

[SIM]
Members
5,813 posts
9,272 battles

Donskoi really isn't bad, she's just a bit odd. It took me a handful of games to come to grips with her strengths. That said, I free XPed about half of the grind through her just because I could. 

• Cool 1

[DOTM]
Beta Testers
2,032 posts
14,103 battles

I enjoyed the Donskoi, though I will admit I rushed through it with flags and perma camos to get to the Moskva quickly.

• Cool 1

[ARGSY]
Members
23,462 posts
17,427 battles

I liked the Donskoi - took her in small bites on a nightly basis until the job was done, and that made it pleasant... but oh sweet Jesus, she turns like a geriatric cow.

The others weren't that bad either.

It was made easier by the fact that I had far more FXP than I needed to get the job done, in case they sprang it on us at short notice, so actually getting her was never in doubt. 

• Cool 1

[KSC]
Clan Supertest Coordinator
5,295 posts
8,554 battles
2 hours ago, SkaerKrow said:

Donskoi really isn't bad, she's just a bit odd. It took me a handful of games to come to grips with her strengths. That said, I free XPed about half of the grind through her just because I could. 

My issue with the Donskoi was always how much DPM it lost compared to the preceding ships in the line.  Even with MBM3 the Donskoi had noticeably worse DPM than something like the stock Shchors.  The Donksoi's AP is better as compensation, but by Tier 9 it's only decent, being worse in pen than things like Buffalo and Brindisi.  As an HE spammer....it's just a massive downgrade from the preceding ships.  *Hell....when not running MBM3 the Donskoi has slightly worse HE DPM and fire starting than the Budyonny of all things.  

I wouldn't call the Donskoi a bad ship, at least certainly not pre-rework, but it was always a little underwhelming.  It's essentially just a heavy cruiser that needs IFHE.  

[WOLFG]
Members
32,398 posts
10,021 battles
6 hours ago, IRISHSDOWN said:

I had to use a bunch of free XP to get it.  Donskoi  I think is just about the worst ship in the game.  Couldn't stand it.  Love the Moskva!!!!!  Very happy with it.

I would have suggested holding off playing it until the change. That way, you don't have to retrain your Donskoi captain. (Or you can retrain him to one of the new ships if you get them)

[LODGE]
SuperTest Coordinator
418 posts
12,114 battles

Dmitri Donskoi was the first t9 I didn't sell to get the t10 and was the first t9  I permanently assigned a 19pts captain. I haven't played that ship much lately because I have been busy re-grinding the German cruiser line. But I have Dmitri as one of my best t9 and is the pinnacle of the Soviet light cruiser gameplay (Moskva is a totaly different beast). I only regret that, once I got to Moskva, the gameplay changed so drastically, that Moskva left me the impression of having a 'cursed luck' in randoms. It took me a lot of time to re-adapt.

Edited by Brooklin82

[WOLFC]
Members
2,606 posts
11,119 battles
36 minutes ago, yashma said:

My issue with the Donskoi was always how much DPM it lost compared to the preceding ships in the line.  Even with MBM3 the Donskoi had noticeably worse DPM than something like the stock Shchors.  The Donksoi's AP is better as compensation, but by Tier 9 it's only decent, being worse in pen than things like Buffalo and Brindisi.  As an HE spammer....it's just a massive downgrade from the preceding ships.  *Hell....when not running MBM3 the Donskoi has slightly worse HE DPM and fire starting than the Budyonny of all things.  

I wouldn't call the Donskoi a bad ship, at least certainly not pre-rework, but it was always a little underwhelming.  It's essentially just a heavy cruiser that needs IFHE.  

Yeah, Donskoi really got hammered in 0.9.2. At tier IX, her 180mm HE has the same penetration as Chapayev and other tier VIII+ ships with 152mm guns but with a much lower rate of fire (12.5s base, IIRC). The change to IFHE means she can no longer pen 38mm of armor with the skill, which was another advantage she had over these higher DPM ships.

Edited by Nevermore135