You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Nergy

CVs

69 comments in this topic

Beta Testers
235 posts
12,285 battles

Why does nobody  understand or accept that CVs are not the problem. The problem is that 80% of the player base has no clue how to play and is absolutely not interested  or capable of learning how to play it.

• Cool 7
  • Boring 24

Members
2,388 posts
52 battles

One of these days you will realize that some of the most vocal critics of CVs are also the most skilled CV players around.

• Cool 17
  • Boring 8

[SIM]
Members
5,787 posts
9,263 battles
8 minutes ago, Nergy said:

Why does nobody  understand or accept that CVs are not the problem. The problem is that 80% of the player base has no clue how to play and is absolutely not interested  or capable of learning how to play it.

Because fragile egos struggle to accept responsibility for their own failures. People have been blaming everything except themselves for years, CVs simply represent the easiest scapegoat. 

• Cool 4
  • Boring 4

[FG]
Members
566 posts
4,806 battles
11 minutes ago, Nergy said:

Why does nobody  understand or accept that CVs are not the problem.

Maybe because almost every single time someone who supports CVs comes into or creates a conversation, they can never provide proof that CVs are balanced or not a problem.

Kinda just like this thread. 

• Cool 2
  • Boring 2

[PELTS]
Beta Testers
2,111 posts
28,773 battles

CVs are balanced perfectly vs other ships.  For example, when this clan battle season is over I'm sure the stats will show that half of the battles had BBs and the other half the battles had CVs.  Now that would be balanced.

[PSP]
[PSP]
Members
14,479 posts
8 minutes ago, Capt_Ahab1776 said:

With the inclusion of CV's into Clan Battles. I'd say CV's aren't going anywhere.

CVs have been a part of the game for five years and the reworked CVs for nearly a year and a half. Yet some people here act as if WG is going to remove them tomorrow if they yell loud enough. Their actions are almost literally the definition of beating a dead horse.

Edited by Snargfargle
  • Cool 2

[INTEL]
Members
13,459 posts
38,172 battles
24 minutes ago, Nergy said:

cleardot.gif
Why does nobody understand or accept that CVs are a huge problem? The problem is that 80% of posters have no clue how to run a search and are absolutely not interested or capable of learning what the problem is.
  • Boring 2

[CLUMP]
Members
1,515 posts
2,180 battles
28 minutes ago, Nergy said:

Yup every single time someone gets rekt it's some else fault the lag, the game, and my favorite you are cheating or hacking excuse :Smile_smile:

20 minutes ago, El2aZeR said:

One of these days you will realize that some of the most vocal critics of CVs are also the most skilled CV players around.

Not everyone is as good as you and has 19 point captains on their CVs :Smile_sceptic: But according to the CV haters everyone on CVs is OP or a unicum and is one shooting everyone left and right :Smile_amazed:

17 minutes ago, SkaerKrow said:

Because fragile egos struggle to accept responsibility for their own failures. People have been blaming everything except themselves for years, CVs simply represent the easiest scapegoat. 

Watch when Subs come out they will be blaming them also :Smile_popcorn:

Edited by LastRemnant
  • Cool 1

[MIA-I]
Members
118 posts
11 battles
19 minutes ago, El2aZeR said:

One of these days we will all realize how 80% of the players' brains work. cVs aRe fInE. 

[INTEL]
Members
13,459 posts
38,172 battles
17 minutes ago, SkaerKrow said:

Here are some of those fragile ego unicums posting on why CVs suck

Their egos are so fragile, CVs were banned from KOTS. Those poor, weak KOTS players!

• Boring 2

[VCRUZ]
Members
4,049 posts
9,180 battles
22 minutes ago, SovereignEagle said:

Maybe because almost every single time someone who supports CVs comes into or creates a conversation, they can never provide proof that CVs are balanced or not a problem.

Yep, im still waiting some one to explain why Cvs need soft cap of 1 and hard cap of 2 if they are balanced. If CVs were balanced there would be no issues in having more per CVs in a battle... 

Members
136 posts

I know one CV player who regularly takes part in competitive play and says they're absolutely a problem, I tend to think that being able to whack DDs out of existence in two salvos is a bit crazy, and I know because I've done it in my enterprise. It's a game that's supposed to be fun, and getting sunk in less than a minute to no fault of your own is not what many would find fun. 

• Cool 1

Members
2,388 posts
52 battles
20 minutes ago, LastRemnant said:

Not everyone is as good as you and has 19 point captains on their CVs :Smile_sceptic:

Which is relevant.... how exactly?

After all this is a personal problem of the people failing in CVs rather than a balancing problem.

• Boring 1

[CLUMP]
Members
1,515 posts
2,180 battles
10 minutes ago, ModelShip said:

I know one CV player who regularly takes part in competitive play and says they're absolutely a problem, I tend to think that being able to whack DDs out of existence in two salvos is a bit crazy, and I know because I've done it in my enterprise. It's a game that's supposed to be fun, and getting sunk in less than a minute to no fault of your own is not what many would find fun. 

Can you please post a replay of you or your friend taking out DDs in two passes  :fish_book: Because I have seen many replays on youtube and I have never once seen someone taking out DDs in less than a minute at beginning of the match with a CV :Smile_ohmy: Now if by CV spotting you and you get rekt by other ships guns that's a different story but even than that's on you for been to close to the enemy or going yolo :Smile_hiding:

Edited by LastRemnant
  • Boring 2

[PSP]
[PSP]
Members
14,479 posts
12 minutes ago, ModelShip said:

In a match just now I noticed that the enemy CV was really pestering one of our DDs. However, I couldn't drop fighters on it because the DD in question had run clear over to the border at the start of the match and was "sneaking" along it, I suppose with plans to catch the CV unawares. Even so, the CV wasn't the one who eventually sank it, it was a CL. I then noticed that the CV pestered, one by one, all the ships on my team who took off by themselves to who knows where. Who knows why they did this -- it was one of those teams that wouldn't communicate? The CV failed to sink any of these either, though he did keep them spotted long enough for his team to do so.

Conversely, I had a hard time getting near any of the enemy team's DDs as they were all protected by cruisers. In fact, the enemy team kept most of their ships in squads of four. I couldn't do much against them and they easily  took out the stragglers on my team one by one. It wasn't CVs per se that won this match, it was good overall gameplay by one team and poor overall gameplay by the other team.

Edited by Snargfargle

[CLUMP]
Members
1,515 posts
2,180 battles
2 minutes ago, El2aZeR said:

Which is relevant.... how exactly?

After all this is a personal problem of the people failing in CVs rather than a balancing problem.

My point is the way people talk about CVs it makes seem like everyone that plays CVs is Unicum like you they are not :Smile_sceptic: Also not everyone gets amazing teams I stop playing on randoms altogether because of most of the teams I get to suck :Smile_hiding: 

• Cool 1

[NG-NL]
Members
6,403 posts
10,580 battles

Welcome to WOWS where forum has its lurkers out to scream their opinions.

As for the players saying CVs are a problem, chief issue is WG doesn't take our feedback too well. Delays on the spotted ship being visible to rest of team, AA loadout rework, and other thoughtful suggestions from players like myself--who played both sides to better appreciate it--haven't been taken seriously insofar as the devs' priorities go.

But then again, WG thinks in spreadsheets. New ship lines have a history of much player participation--even the RN CV line seems to have it from what I've seen in-game.

[NWOC]
[NWOC]
Members
1,055 posts
13,816 battles
1 hour ago, SovereignEagle said:

And the anti-CV whiners do? Never seen that yet. All I read is excuses for not being able to hide behind islands, sit in smoke and, above all, risk my paintwork and stats.

• Cool 2
  • Boring 1

[NFJF]
Members
707 posts
10,920 battles
1 hour ago, Taichunger said:
cleardot.gif
Why does nobody understand or accept that CVs are a huge problem? The problem is that 80% of posters have no clue how to run a search and are absolutely not interested or capable of learning what the problem is.

Because despite the majority seeing that this is one of the biggest issues with the game, there is still a sadly numerous group of CV mains who, for whatever reason, think they are entitled to have the game biased in favor of THEIR class of choice. Also if you think about it, some people aren't...well.... quite as good at thinking fast and therefore not really going to have the skill needed to do good in other classes. They need a class to play too, one that's real easy and doesn't require the higher amount of skill that other classes do. To me, that's the exact same reason why world of tanks has artillery. That way everyone gets to feel good about themselves and feel like they made a contribution to the game.

• Boring 2

Members
2,388 posts
52 battles
39 minutes ago, LastRemnant said:

My point is the way people talk about CVs it makes seem like everyone that plays CVs is Unicum like you they are not :Smile_sceptic:

So you in fact have no point at all given that the grievances players have against CVs is exactly when up against skilled players and thus the rework concept as a whole.

Besides, evidence suggests that even terrible CV players aren't punished nearly hard enough.

• Boring 2

[PSP]
[PSP]
Members
14,479 posts
37 minutes ago, Capt_Ahab1776 said:

Just dodgeimageproxy.php?img=&key=44b63c92bbf32eae

hiryulrg_601_479_80.jpg

That's pretty much me trying to hit ships with my dive bombers.