You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Asym_KS

I Guess we are not Suppose to Participate in the New Campaign !

92 comments in this topic

[PVE]
Members
5,119 posts
22,671 battles

Well, we have a New Campaign !!!   Except, if you are a COOP main or are just an average COOP/Scenario player, you need not even try.....  Unless, you have bought Tier 8 + European ships !!!  Now, isn't that special.....!  Buy-to-Play yet again !!!  In the middle of an economic and health crisis..........well done lads......!

In the first seven tasks, only two contain COOP access.  Task 1 and 4.  Task one requires European ships tier 8+ and Task 4 is an open COOP task for Tier 8 ships and up.  Since, Task 1 requires 3.5 million credits, that only can be generated my European ships at Tier 8 and up, if you don't have them........too bad......must buy-to-play I guess??  Task four, 60K CXP, is going to take a very long time to complete !  And, to make matters even worse, there are seven (7) stars you have to earn in the first segment of the campaign.  Can you do task 4 Seven times  !!!??  That's 420K Commander XP.........that's almost a 19 point CPT !!!  AND, this is only the first of five sections of the Campaign.

@Hapa_Fodder, what have I missed in this assessment?   Gosh, I hope I have completely misread this campaign's requirements...........:cap_wander:

• Cool 3
  • Funny 1
  • Boring 1

[HINON]
Members
14,013 posts
2 minutes ago, Asym_KS said:

You did look at the time for completion before freaking out?

• Cool 2

[TSG4]
[TSG4]
Volunteer Moderator
3,380 posts
17,071 battles
3 minutes ago, Asym_KS said:

what have I missed in this assessment?   Gosh, I hope I have completely misread this campaign's requirements

did you realized that you can repeat the task 4, which is just for COOP main, multiple times to get the stars required? You will only get the reward for task 4 one. This apply to the rest. It would take longer time just doing COOP

but playing random is not so bad once a while or speed up, it your own playing pace, your own choice.

regards,

• Cool 4

[PVE]
Members
5,119 posts
22,671 battles
Just now, RipNuN2 said:

You did look at the time for completion before freaking out?

6 months.......  There is no freaking way without owning all sorts of EU ships or being an expert level player like @AdmiralThunder whose completed Section one already.  As many others have said:  there in no way to complete this without buying ships or playing Randoms.....  Which, I won't do because I'm not GuD enough and I don't want to ruin someone else's experiences.

• Cool 2
  • Funny 1

[PVE]
Members
5,119 posts
22,671 battles
8 minutes ago, ObiphanKenobi said:

did you realized that you can repeat the task 4, which is just for COOP main, multiple times to get the stars required? You will only get the reward for task 4 one. This apply to the rest. It would take longer time just doing COOP

but playing random is not so bad once a while or speed up, it your own playing pace, your own choice.   regards,

It's a one freaking star task !   That is seven times !!!  420K is a lot of playing........   I get the point:  it's not for those of us whom will not spend real money or have nothing else to do.......  I don't play randoms anymore because the game is beyond my skills because I play one handed (disabled).   This is so frustrating that our host does this kind of crap.....  Thanks for the reply......they will remove this thread before the day is out anyway......

Edited by Asym_KS

[HINON]
Alpha Tester
25,214 posts
21,065 battles

So much complaining about a trivially easy campaign for any decent that plays this game regularly.

• Cool 1
  • Boring 13

[A-D-F]
Beta Testers
3,382 posts
10,275 battles

Wasn't the Halsey campaign more tedious and restrictive?

Either way it's nothing in comparison the the PR directives

• Cool 1

[PVE]
Members
5,119 posts
22,671 battles
4 minutes ago, Lert said:

So much complaining about a trivially easy campaign for any decent that plays this game regularly.

OK, easy how?  I play everyday.......  I'm not an expert but I can play pretty well?  How........without EU tier 8+'s?  Without Random battles? 

HOW are you going to do it? 

Heck, you may have a solution I haven't thought of ?  Enlighten me and maybe, the rest of us "normal people" might have a chance at finishing this.........oh, that right, it's only 6 months.....    I am complaining because what they have done isn't for average players.....it's for whales and players that own everything and are above average....

[GWG]
[GWG]
Alpha Tester
27,960 posts
14,894 battles
6 minutes ago, Vader_Sama said:

This is right there with the Halsey campaign and they do seem to be trying to push people into high tier randoms.

• Cool 1

[RLGN]
Members
15,687 posts
27,443 battles
12 minutes ago, Vader_Sama said:

Think it took me somewhere around 1,600 PvE games to get Halsey.

5 minutes ago, Asym_KS said:

OK, easy how?  I play everyday.......  I'm not an expert but I can play pretty well?  How........without EU tier 8+'s?  Without Random battles? 

In Co-op, most likely.

5 minutes ago, Asym_KS said:

Heck, you may have a solution I haven't thought of ?  Enlighten me and maybe, the rest of us "normal people" might have a chance at finishing this.........oh, that right, it's only 6 months.....    I am complaining because what they have done isn't for average players.....it's for whales and players that own everything and are above average....

Just like everything in Tanks any more. (‘Daily’ Missions.)

All WG cares about is sucking up to their whales and whatever (few remaining,) long time players are left.

[HINON]
Alpha Tester
25,214 posts
21,065 battles
On 4/8/2020 at 6:19 PM, Asym_KS said:

Why should I? You come in here whining and complaining and acting all uppity. Why should I spell out the obvious for someone who already has all his opinions all set in stone.

• Cool 1
  • Boring 7

[SALVO]
Members
26,149 posts
29,223 battles
9 minutes ago, Asym_KS said:

I feel your pain, Asym.  But honestly, I wouldn't be calling yourself a "normal player".  Meaning no insult, I'd very a "normal" player as one who at least isn't physically handicapped, such as you say you are above.  I understand why those with such limitations prefer coop.  And, yeah, it's a shame that there isn't at least one other task in Stage one for coop players.  (I haven't scoped out the other campaign stages for their tasks, but I'll assume that they're fairly similar in this regard.)

39 minutes ago, ObiphanKenobi said:

but playing random is not so bad once a while or speed up, it your own playing pace, your own choice.

Kenobi, a number of regular coop players do so because they have physical handicaps and they don't want to hurt their teams in randoms with their limitations.  I have to give guys like Asym credit for this sentiment, so it comes off as rather harsh (at least to me) to players like Asym as well as the regular random players who he's trying to not hurt by staying in coop to say what I've highlighted above.

Anyways, that's all I have to say.

[PVE]
Members
13,441 posts
28,236 battles
21 minutes ago, Vader_Sama said:

Halsey only had 1 Star tasks and a lot more of them were needed in total through the Stages but it also was less limiting for Co-op players in that it was just Credit and Capt XP for the #'d tasks and all the final tasks were XP. It was an across the board T8-T10 ship requirement as well (tasks for PVP had some ship type/US nation/tier specific stuff but none of the Co-op ones). No US ships only for any of the Co-op parts.

I did Halsey in 392 games over 17 days. I am going to be curious to see how long this takes and how many games? In the Halsey Campaign I could draw on my fleet of premium ships (Missouri for credit tasks as an example) at will as long as they were T8+. The EU ship tasks will be much harder for me as I don't have Smaland, and while I have Friesland I detest it (and do poorly in it), and won't use it. So tasks where I can only use EU ships will mean tech tree ships and that will be harder.

Haley stage 1 took me 41 games to complete. So far I am at 27 games for Stage 1 of this Campaign with the 7 Stars done but I haven't started the final task. Seems about even so far.

[HINON]
Members
8,706 posts
12,702 battles
8 minutes ago, Lert said:

Why should I? You come in here whining and complaining and acting all uppity. Why should I spell out the obvious for someone who already has all his opinions all set in stone, and they're all "waaah poor me, WG is against me"?

this, he'll probably become a Coal captain later because his Campaign isnt permanent like Halsey and Yamamoto

[HINON]
Alpha Tester
25,214 posts
21,065 battles
Just now, tcbaker777 said:

this, he'll probably become a Coal captain later because his Campaign isnt permanent like Halsey and Yamamoto

Hopefully Grzegorz Brzęczyszczykiewicz will be a coal captain too.

• Boring 1

[PVE]
Members
13,441 posts
28,236 battles
58 minutes ago, Asym_KS said:

6 months.......  There is no freaking way without owning all sorts of EU ships or being an expert level player like @AdmiralThunder whose completed Section one already.  As many others have said:  there in no way to complete this without buying ships or playing Randoms.....  Which, I won't do because I'm not GuD enough and I don't want to ruin someone else's experiences.

I appreciate the compliment but I am not even close to an expert player. I am a massive potato. I get stuff done through sheer will power and perseverance not through superior skill. :Smile_veryhappy: Honestly I am surprised I do as well as I do with my bad vision and hand issues from the MS. 

If you think I am good ask @Vader_Sama about me LOL.I swear if he is in a game with me I WILL suck. He was in a game today with me and it was the ONLY game all day I did worse than 4th. I was dead last. I knew it the SECOND I saw him on the team LOL. He is my Kryptonite.

You can do this. I believe that and will be rooting for you.. You are just going to have to spam a LOT of games like I will to get it done but if you try you will succeed.

:Smile_honoring: 

Edited by AdmiralThunder
  • Cool 3

[UNHLY]
Members
4,858 posts
13,503 battles
4 minutes ago, tcbaker777 said:

In the patch notes they confirmed he’d become a coal captain six months after the end of the campaign (so next April). 

[PVE]
Members
13,441 posts
28,236 battles
5 minutes ago, tcbaker777 said:

From the main site's news page about this update...

Half a year after the end of the Campaign, we plan to make Jerzy Świrski available in exchange for Coal in the Armory. Thus, you'll be able to get this Commander at a later date, even if you don't manage to finish the Strong-Willed Campaign.

[PVE]
Members
13,441 posts
28,236 battles
On 4/8/2020 at 6:36 PM, Lert said:

Why should I? You come in here whining and complaining and acting all uppity. Why should I spell out the obvious for someone who already has all his opinions all set in stone?

Come on Lert. Don't be THAT guy all the time. :Smile_sceptic:

• Cool 8

Members
136 posts

I mean, I'm not a big PVP fan, but I still enjoy T5-T8 PVP matches, just view it as what it is, a grind. You suffer a little to gain a little. It's a game, don't treat it as any more than it actually is.

• Cool 1

[HINON]
Alpha Tester
25,214 posts
21,065 battles
On 4/8/2020 at 6:53 PM, AdmiralThunder said:

Come on Lert. Don't be THAT guy all the time. :Smile_sceptic:

Difference is that when you make a thread, it tends to be a fairly reasonable one.

• Cool 1
  • Boring 3

[PVE]
Members
5,119 posts
22,671 battles
30 minutes ago, Lert said:

Why should I? You come in here whining and complaining and acting all uppity. Why should I spell out the obvious for someone who already has all his opinions all set in stone, and they're all "waaah poor me, I'll neeeeeeever be able to do this"?

Angry is more like it.....because, I am invested in this game for two years + now.    It is frustrating as all get out....  Obvious>?   And, if someone asks me what's I'd do, I answer them..... Even you if you asked a question.  Why, because teamwork isn't about what you say, it's about what do..."  Credibility is when you answer a stupid questions because there are a lot of others whom may never ask......   That makes the game better......

[PVE]
Members
5,119 posts
22,671 battles
25 minutes ago, AdmiralThunder said:

I appreciate the compliment but I am not even close to an expert player. I am a massive potato. I get stuff done through sheer will power and perseverance not through superior skill. :Smile_veryhappy: Honestly I am surprised I do as well as I do with my bad vision and hand issues from the MS. 

If you think I am good ask @Vader_Sama about me LOL.I swear if he is in a game with me I WILL suck. He was in a game today with me and it was the ONLY game all day I did worse than 4th. I was dead last. I knew it the SECOND I saw him on the team LOL. He is my Kryptonite.

You can do this. I believe that and will be rooting for you.. You are just going to have to spam a LOT of games like I will to get it done but if you try you will succeed.

:Smile_honoring: 

I can tell you hand issues suck in playing shooting games.>!!  Have friends with MS.....  

I have a lot of friends that have got themselves a might mangled and we've even went back to creating/modifying Large key game pads with keys that have foam rubber pads that their prosthetic hook ends fit into !!!  I'm not nearly that mangled and they managed to put back some of what was blown off....   I just got frustrated with our host and I've had it with them.....  Too much; and, too little concern except for the money.

Thanks for the cheer up.........I'm just going to play as I normally do.......and, if I accomplish anything, that's always something I didn't have. 

• Cool 1

[HELLS]
Members
2,802 posts
30,583 battles

Just another WG money grab. Grind it out the hard way, you have plenty of time. I'm not spending a dime on this. While I have a million+ FXP, I am not about to waste it on a T9 EU gunboat. If I finish it, fine, if I don't it does not matter. This is not a line I intended to grind in any case. To each his own....

[DRFTR]
Beta Testers
3,924 posts

I have no eu dd's and i expect i won't even get the line started before this campaign ends... and i ain't bothered about it... i will likely buy signals or camo instead of visby with my eu coins..