Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Scarlet_Eagle

Vanishing buffs

7 comments in this topic

[V1-PI]
Members
78 posts
7,209 battles

A day or so ago, I was playing and as usual was applying Frosty Fir Tree camo to the non-premium ships I was playing, mainly because of the +1 buff to
Concealment. Today the Concealment +1 buff is gone. I used to have multiple camos with this buff. The buff is now gone on all of them.

Is this due to an update?

[DRFTR]
Beta Testers
3,919 posts

i get +2 concealment with frosty fir... on non-prems...   tried it on cleveland and gangut

[GOB]
Members
2,709 posts
30 minutes ago, Scarlet_Eagle said:

A day or so ago, I was playing and as usual was applying Frosty Fir Tree camo to the non-premium ships I was playing, mainly because of the +1 buff to
Concealment. Today the Concealment +1 buff is gone. I used to have multiple camos with this buff. The buff is now gone on all of them.

Is this due to an update?

I'm assuming you mean -1 buff... + 1 would be a Nerf

That said.

All of my Camos say -3 to concealment no matter what I put them on.  Where do you see an additional +or -1 ?

Or did I just get rolled into a VERY late April fools post?

[MPIRE]
[MPIRE]
Beta Testers
1,821 posts
10,838 battles

If you're referring to the concealment rating, that value is almost completely arbitrary and only vaguely captures the ability of the ship.  It's likely that they simply changed how it was calculated compared to before.

That being said, the buffs given by the camos have remained the same.  They remove 3% from your spotting distance, and if you open the concealment you can verify that by looking at the numbers!

[GOB]
Members
2,709 posts
2 hours ago, Kenjister said:

If you're referring to the concealment rating, that value is almost completely arbitrary and only vaguely captures the ability of the ship.  It's likely that they simply changed how it was calculated compared to before.

That being said, the buffs given by the camos have remained the same.  They remove 3% from your spotting distance, and if you open the concealment you can verify that by looking at the numbers!

Thnx KJ  Now I know what they meant.

[V1-PI]
Members
78 posts
7,209 battles
22 hours ago, Col_Nasty said:

I'm assuming you mean -1 buff... + 1 would be a Nerf

That said.

All of my Camos say -3 to concealment no matter what I put them on.  Where do you see an additional +or -1 ?

Or did I just get rolled into a VERY late April fools post?

No April Fool's joke.

When you mouse over the flag, there used to be a Concealment stat at the bottom of the pop-up. It's now gone.

A + to Concealment is a Nerf? 96 Concealment is a Nerf over 95 Concealment?

Edited by Scarlet_Eagle

[DRFTR]
Beta Testers
3,919 posts

Detectability range by sea is that not concealment?  ( i know it doesn't specify by air... but it still increases my concealment value...)

I see -3% to detectability range by sea as a buff to concealment on all my ships...  of course the actual change to concealment may only be +1 depending on how high it is to begin with.

Ok here is a snip from a screenshot I found in an old post... (2017) this matches what I see today:

image.png.a30043a2baa4654aa60da6fa82e7bdce.png

Sign in to follow this