LastRemnant

Subway Cards

11 comments in this topic

[CLUMP]
Members
1,482 posts
2,134 battles

So do they still work to buy stuff like doubloons :fish_book: Because I have been all over and I can't find wargaming prepaid cards :Smile_sceptic: No I am using credit so don't suggest it :Smile_izmena: Any other suggestion for prepaid would be appreciated :Smile_honoring: 

Edited by LastRemnant

[A-D-F]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
8,746 posts

Paypal? 

I have heard people say that they don't trust paypal linked to their bank account.  If that is the case, just create an account specifically for Paypal and put the money in it.

[GLF]
Members
1,148 posts
18,113 battles

Go to an aftermarket gift card site and buy gamestop cards for a discount... like $35 for $40 in gamestop cards.  Then use those to buy these:  https://www.gamestop.com/toys-collectibles/lifestyle/third-party-gift-cards/products/world-of-warship-20-ecard/10138755.html

$40 of wows money for $35 real money (or whatever cost you can find on sale on the gift card exchange sites).  Sometimes you can get 10% off for a new signup on those sites, plus ebates cash back on top of that.    I got $50 in playstation cards for $33 one time when it was all said and done.  

It does work, but be careful and check into things first.  Worst case you can just go get the wows cards direct from gamestop.... that is... if you actually want to spend money on this game. 

Edited by AnimaL21

[CLUMP]
Members
1,482 posts
2,134 battles
11 minutes ago, Burnsy said:

Paypal? 

I have heard people say that they don't trust paypal linked to their bank account.  If that is the case, just create an account specifically for Paypal and put the money in it.

I would have open Paypal account a long time ago but the first thing they ask off the bat was a SS I was like nope fk that :Smile_sceptic: I saw that Subway card can be used but that thread is from 2017 so you never know if wargaming change their minds :Smile_amazed: 

https://worldofwarships.com/en/news/general-news/openbucks-gift-cards/

https://forum.worldofwarships.com/topic/119788-making-premium-purchases-with-gift-cards/

Edited by LastRemnant

[CLUMP]
Members
1,482 posts
2,134 battles
10 minutes ago, AnimaL21 said:

Go to an aftermarket gift card site and buy gamestop cards for a discount... like $35 for $40 in gamestop cards.  Then use those to buy these:  https://www.gamestop.com/toys-collectibles/lifestyle/third-party-gift-cards/products/world-of-warship-20-ecard/10138755.html

$40 of wows money for $35 real money (or whatever cost you can find on sale on the gift card exchange sites).  Sometimes you can get 10% off for a new signup on those sites, plus ebates cash back on top of that.    I got $50 in playstation cards for $33 one time when it was all said and done.  

It does work, but be careful and check into things first.  Worst case you can just go get the wows cards direct from gamestop.... that is... if you actually want to spend money on this game. 

Yeah again I don't use credit online and GameStop stores are close :Smile_hiding: I usually get them from a game stop but they are closed that's why I am asking for alternatives for prepaid cards :fish_book:

Edited by LastRemnant

[GLF]
Members
1,148 posts
18,113 battles

Oh that way, thought u meant they were out of physical cards.   For credit online you could always just go get a prepaid visa giftcard, but usually you have to juice those $5 to get $50 so you lose a little.  

[CLUMP]
Members
1,482 posts
2,134 battles
Just now, AnimaL21 said:

Oh that way, thought u meant they were out of physical cards.   For credit online you could always just go get a prepaid visa giftcard, but usually you have to juice those $5 to get $50 so you lose a little.  

it seems visa gift cards are sparse at the moment and don't work from the looks of it :Smile_amazed: 

[CLUMP]
Members
1,482 posts
2,134 battles

3 minutes ago, GretaThurnbergHowDareYou said:

Dollar General gift cards work

That place is way too far from me >_> But thanks for the suggestion :Smile_honoring:

Edited by LastRemnant

[A-D-F]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
8,746 posts
26 minutes ago, LastRemnant said:

I would have open Paypal account a long time ago but the first thing they ask off the bat was a SS I was like nope fk that :Smile_sceptic: I saw that Subway card can be used but that thread is from 2017 so you never know if wargaming change their minds :Smile_amazed: 

https://worldofwarships.com/en/news/general-news/openbucks-gift-cards/

https://forum.worldofwarships.com/topic/119788-making-premium-purchases-with-gift-cards/

Yeah they ask for your SSN as they have to for tax reporting services, as you can both spend and receive money.

You could cut out the middle man then and just create a secondary bank account and use the debit card associated with that account, for online purchases.  Most banks allow you to create a second account on their site after you log in.  You might have to wait for the card to arrive in the mail though.

I have only tried to use a visa gift card once but it failed as the card said it was not valid for purchases outside of the US.  I don't know if they all work that way or it was just the one I had.

[CLUMP]
Members
1,482 posts
2,134 battles
2 minutes ago, Burnsy said:

Yeah they ask for your SSN as they have to for tax reporting services, as you can both spend and receive money.

You could cut out the middle man then and just create a secondary bank account and use the debit card associated with that account, for online purchases.  Most banks allow you to create a second account on their site after you log in.  You might have to wait for the card to arrive in the mail though.

I have only tried to use a visa gift card once but it failed as the card said it was not valid for purchases outside of the US.  I don't know if they all work that way or it was just the one I had.

Naw I am good I really just want to buy some camo but I guess I will wait and see :Smile_bajan2: