You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Flattrak

MM fixed? how

25 comments in this topic

[GWG]
[GWG]
Alpha Tester
27,960 posts
14,894 battles

The MM does try to keep the number of bottom tier matches down if you have the required matches in but it cannot guarantee that streaks will not happen and with your WR particularly recently being bottom tier isn't a problem.

• Boring 1

Members
1,660 posts
2 hours ago, Flattrak said:

14 of 16 games I played today was bottom tier so far. Now that is nice MM

Were all 16 games in the same ship/tier?  If you changed, it resets the counter.  Otherewise, what @BrushWolf said.

• Cool 1

[RE]
Members
33 posts
20,061 battles

Yup all was tier 7 and a I played a few more ended up being 17 out of 20 bottom tier. Im done with this game for a while that crap is annoying.  Was working on the new dd line 

[WOLFG]
Members
32,392 posts
10,021 battles
22 minutes ago, Flattrak said:

Yup all was tier 7 and a I played a few more ended up being 17 out of 20 bottom tier. Im done with this game for a while that crap is annoying.  Was working on the new dd line 

You should send in a ticket with the replays, as that isn't supposed to happen.....

.....or just take a break, works either way.

Edited by Skpstr

[ARS]
Beta Testers
5,821 posts
6,038 battles
4 hours ago, Flattrak said:

Keep in mind that in a battle of only Tier VIIs and VIIIs the Tier VIIs would still count as mid tier, not bottom tier.

Also keep in mind that it takes 20 matches at the tier for the MM to be calibrated.

[DIAF]
Beta Testers
8 posts
8,964 battles

They done f'ed it up, 6 out of 8. same boat, Izmail, 6 of the 8 faced T8 bb's. I generally do very well in this boat but for people that aren't as good being up'd by 2 tiers over and over is a real kick in the teeth. Only one was all 6's and one was t5 and t6.

Quality work

[INTEL]
Members
3,464 posts
19,185 battles
2 hours ago, Gunga_Dinner said:

Were all 16 games in the same ship/tier?  If you changed, it resets the counter.  Otherewise, what @BrushWolf said.

Citation?  I haven’t seen that. 

[BUF]
Members
68 posts
6,657 battles

I just played 4 in a row and I don't think my team did better then third place.

Last game we only managed to sink 1 ship on the enemy team.

MM is definitely broken.

• Cool 1

[ARS]
Beta Testers
5,821 posts
6,038 battles
7 minutes ago, Gunga_Dinner said:

That isn't a citation.  And your claim is wrong.  You need to play 20 matches per tier.  The matches don't need to be consecutive.  Once the 20 match calibration is complete you will not face ships two tiers above you more than 8 matches out of 20.  The other 12 matches could all have you mid tier, but you will be protected from being two tiers down.  Because of the nature of the prior 20 matches those 8 bottom tier matches may be pretty much back to back, but once through them you'll be protected for a bit.

Members
1,660 posts
5 minutes ago, Helstrem said:

That isn't a citation.  And your claim is wrong.  You need to play 20 matches per tier.  The matches don't need to be consecutive.  Once the 20 match calibration is complete you will not face ships two tiers above you more than 8 matches out of 20.  The other 12 matches could all have you mid tier, but you will be protected from being two tiers down.  Because of the nature of the prior 20 matches those 8 bottom tier matches may be pretty much back to back, but once through them you'll be protected for a bit.

Okay.

[GWG]
[GWG]
Alpha Tester
27,960 posts
14,894 battles
3 hours ago, Gunga_Dinner said:

You only have to do the 20 matches once for each ship tier but as I said the system does not guarantee that streaks will not happen.

Members
1,660 posts
46 minutes ago, BrushWolf said:

You only have to do the 20 matches once for each ship tier but as I said the system does not guarantee that streaks will not happen.

Aye and if he fought 4 matches each at tier VI, VII, VIII, snd IX, he could well be bottom tier in all 16 matches since it would only be 4 battles out of the last 20 for each tier without even coming close to the 40% limit.  Wouldn't even be a steak.  Which is why I asked if all 16 were the same tier.

Edited by Gunga_Dinner
typos

[ARS]
Beta Testers
5,821 posts
6,038 battles
37 minutes ago, Azzura said:

Only time I get to be top T is when i'm in t10 ships...

Bullhocky.

[GWG]
[GWG]
Alpha Tester
27,960 posts
14,894 battles
8 minutes ago, Gunga_Dinner said:

Aye and if he fought 4 matches each at tier VI, VII, VIII, snd IX, he could well be bottom tier in all 16 matches since it would only be 4 battles out of the last 20 for each tier without even coming close to the 40% limit.  Wouldn't even be a steak.  Which is why I asked if all 16 were the same tier.

If he had the required 20 in each ship/tier which he should by now since that change happened back in 8.x he ran into a streak. While a long one it is not impossible and tomorrow he might get a top tier run. There are a few ships that up tier poorly but most will do fine as long as the player remembers that they have to play smarter as bottom tier.

Members
1,660 posts
7 minutes ago, BrushWolf said:

If he had the required 20 in each ship/tier which he should by now since that change happened back in 8.x he ran into a streak. While a long one it is not impossible and tomorrow he might get a top tier run. There are a few ships that up tier poorly but most will do fine as long as the player remembers that they have to play smarter as bottom tier.

If all 16 battles he mentions were the same tier, yes, it would be a long streak.

If the 16 battles were fought with him changing tier three times, it would be three short streaks since the last 20 battle list is unique to each tier.

It would be very unusual to have a 14 battle bottom tier streak if they were all fought at the same tier.   Being bottom tier in the most recent 5 out of 20 battles is nothing surprising.

I don't know which scenario applies as the OP only said he was bottom tier in 14 out 16 battles, so I asked.  We don't know what tiers ship he drove in those battles.  If it was all the same tier, then it is a very long and unfortunate streak and something MM is supposed to try and avoid.  If the 16 battles were fought in several different tiers, being bottom tier 14 out of 16 times isn't out of the ordinary.

[GWG]
[GWG]
Alpha Tester
27,960 posts
14,894 battles
4 minutes ago, Gunga_Dinner said:

If all 16 battles he mentions were the same tier, yes, it would be a long streak.

If the 16 battles were fought with him changing tier three times, it would be three short streaks since the last 20 battle list is unique to each tier.

It would be very unusual to have a 14 battle bottom tier streak if they were all fought at the same tier.   Being bottom tier in the most recent 5 out of 20 battles is nothing surprising.

I don't know which scenario applies as the OP only said he was bottom tier in 14 out 16 battles, so I asked.  We don't know what tiers ship he drove in those battles.  If it was all the same tier, then it is a very long and unfortunate streak and something MM is supposed to try and avoid.  If the 16 battles were fought in several different tiers, being bottom tier 14 out of 16 times isn't out of the ordinary.

The system is supposed to kick in once you have the initial 20 matches in so the only way it wouldn't kick in is if you was playing ships and tiers he hadn't been playing. However, even without the MM changes that was a long streak, stuff happens.

Members
4,479 posts
19,839 battles
8 hours ago, Flattrak said:

Were you playing tier 8, the "always at the bottom" tier?

[TARK]
Members
640 posts
17 hours ago, Flattrak said:

I saw differences too.

Most of my games in the Neptune were ALL T9 ships.  That was pretty neat!

Had 2 games that were... less than optimal....  with 1 T10 CV per side, 1 T10 battleship per side, 0 T9 boats, and 10 T8 people per side.  Lets just say the CVs did very well on both sides in both games....

Edited by Eckarbeiter

[CNO]
[CNO]
Members
6,364 posts
19,374 battles
14 hours ago, Skpstr said:

You should send in a ticket with the replays, as that isn't supposed to happen.....

.....or just take a break, works either way.

I tracked the new MM process when it first came out.  I kept track of every game, every tier.  The MM process (to minimize bottom tier over a given range of games) DOES NOT WORK as WG describes.  Maybe they've fixed it since I tracked it.  But every time I see a post like OP's, I think...probably not.  I really didn't have an issue before the supposed fix, and really don't haven an issue now, in the game sense.  I'm fine taking whatever MM gives me.  Don't mind being bottom tier.  I just was curious of how it worked...and based my tests...it doesn't.

[WOLFG]
Members
32,392 posts
10,021 battles
3 hours ago, Soshi_Sone said:

I tracked the new MM process when it first came out.  I kept track of every game, every tier.  The MM process (to minimize bottom tier over a given range of games) DOES NOT WORK as WG describes.  Maybe they've fixed it since I tracked it.  But every time I see a post like OP's, I think...probably not.  I really didn't have an issue before the supposed fix, and really don't haven an issue now, in the game sense.  I'm fine taking whatever MM gives me.  Don't mind being bottom tier.  I just was curious of how it worked...and based my tests...it doesn't.

Possible I guess, though I've (anecdotally anyway) noticed a positive difference)

Perhaps it's a "soft" limit, and if somebody's been waiting too long, (like CVs) and your ship is needed as bottom tier, you get thrown in?