You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
cthuhulu

Anshan worth the coal?

20 comments in this topic

[USMC-]
Members
334 posts
8,983 battles

Just saw the Anshan is now available for coal. Is it worth the price tag? I could see dropping that special commander into it I got several months back and have done nothing with.

[4HIM]
Beta Testers
2,255 posts
16,111 battles

I do not like Anshan for the main reason of her very slow turrets....really tough to stay on target in a knife fight.  Seems to be a middle of the road DD at best... I am sure others have gotten more out of her, but she is a regular port queen for me, and I really try to make hard ships work, but Anshan has little to offer me.

[WOLF4]
[WOLF4]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
931 posts
14,279 battles

Personally, yes. Don't forget it is also one of the only ships (or is it the only?) with a FreeXP (100%) bonus on its camo.

• Cool 1

[USMC-]
Members
334 posts
8,983 battles
1 minute ago, _GreyBeard_ said:

Personally, yes. Don't forget it is also one of the only ships (or is it the only?) with a FreeXP (100%) bonus on its camo.

Thanks, I had not noticed that.

[RTXN]
Banned
1,416 posts

Would you pay the coal for a Gnevny, would you pay it for a Fushun?  Do you need a Pan Asian CO trainer?

If so - then yes, it may be worth it.

Personally, I would not - but I got mine from a Christmas Crate.

[RAGE]
Members
427 posts
7,243 battles

I bought one, it has the regular torps which is different and the FXP bonus is nice.

[RLGN]
Members
15,657 posts
27,371 battles
16 minutes ago, jmanII said:

Would you pay the coal for a Gnevny, would you pay it for a Fushun?  Do you need a Pan Asian CO trainer?

If so - then yes, it may be worth it.

Personally, I would not - but I got mine from a Christmas Crate.

Right here.

Anshan is a T6 Gnevny. (Isn’t Gnevny T5 now?)

[-TCO-]
[-TCO-]
Members
707 posts
5,986 battles
Just now, Estimated_Prophet said:

Right here.

No, T6. The Podvoisky is T5.

• Cool 1

[WOLF4]
[WOLF4]
931 posts
14,279 battles
4 minutes ago, Estimated_Prophet said:

Right here.

1 minute ago, SkullCowboy_60 said:

No, T6. The Podvoisky is T5.

More like a Gnevny with usable torps (8 KM).

• Funny 1

[NOVEL]
7,026 posts
27,951 battles

She is a OK destroyer and a good trainer for that line. Kind of "poor mans" Gremyashchy. She does well at her tier. Only facing T8 gives her a disadvantage because she has no 5th slot for the stealth module. You get Torpedos with a good range, she has very good guns. You learn a good deal of map reading and positioning because of the slow turrets.

Do you want to know more?

[SALVO]
Members
6,969 posts
5,521 battles

I might be wrong but I got a free trial Anshan 15 days ago and almost sure it had same crap russian 4km torps. It is a Gnevny clone, nothing different but premium status. Plays differently than rest of PanA line so it isn't an optimal trainer either, different skill. 

[WOLF4]
[WOLF4]
931 posts
14,279 battles
13 minutes ago, ArIskandir said:

I might be wrong but I got a free trial Anshan 15 days ago and almost sure it had same crap russian 4km torps. It is a Gnevny clone, nothing different but premium status. Plays differently than rest of PanA line so it isn't an optimal trainer either, different skill. 

Nope,

anshantorps.jpg.ac6158fdbd2da593f437c42ceb11688c.jpg

[SALVO]
Members
6,969 posts
5,521 battles
1 minute ago, _GreyBeard_ said:

Nope,

anshantorps.jpg.ac6158fdbd2da593f437c42ceb11688c.jpg

That's wierd but hey, there's the evidence. Gotta make either a memory or a glasses  check up.

• Funny 1

[X-PN]
Members
1,581 posts
12,171 battles
10 minutes ago, ArIskandir said:

That's wierd but hey, there's the evidence. Gotta make either a memory or a glasses  check up.

Both are fine.  There is a choice of torps, one of them being 4km....probably selected by default.

Decent DD but the traverse is a pain.  If you use every mod there is then it gets almost acceptable.

[SVEN]
Beta Testers
233 posts
7,718 battles

It's a pretty good OPs DD.  Slow turrets but that's about the only big issue.  Arguably the best guns on a tier VI DD.  Decent speed and usable torpedoes.  81 sec smoke.

For me it's middle-of-the-road as far as tier VI prem DDs go.  T61>Monaghan>Anshan/Aigle>Shinonome/Gallant

[RLGN]
Members
15,657 posts
27,371 battles
57 minutes ago, ArIskandir said:

Plays differently than rest of PanA line so it isn't an optimal trainer either, different skill. 

No problem on my end, because I don’t play tree PA destroyers.

Just have Chengan, Anshan, Lo Yang, and (the cruiser,) Huanghe.

[SALVO]
Members
6,969 posts
5,521 battles
31 minutes ago, YouSatInGum said:

Both are fine.  There is a choice of torps, one of them being 4km....probably selected by default.

Decent DD but the traverse is a pain.  If you use every mod there is then it gets almost acceptable.

haha thanks mate, I was starting to get worried about memory loss. I like the thing but not as much as to buy it as a premium while having Gnevny in tech tree. Same playstyle, nothing new.

[A-D-F]
Beta Testers
3,380 posts
10,232 battles
1 hour ago, _GreyBeard_ said:

Tirpitz has one as well.

Be aware though that the +100% free xp bonus on the camo is gimped due to the +50% xp that these camos gives out which is fine by itself if you're not planning on running any free xp flags. However if you plan on stacking up multiple econ flags for the purpose of grinding free xp, then do not use the camo because of the +100% free xp bonus because the +50% xp ends up making you lose out more free xp you can gain since free xp is calculated after the final xp total.

At the very least you need to equip any camo that gives out +100% xp to get more free xp when stacking up flags.

Members
739 posts
7,780 battles
3 hours ago, cthuhulu said:

Just saw the Anshan is now available for coal. Is it worth the price tag? I could see dropping that special commander into it I got several months back and have done nothing with.

Save your coal for one of the 9s or 10s imho.

Members
1,025 posts
11,997 battles

Anshan is nice to run in Aegis, with good Russian guns to citadel the bot cruisers, and usable 8k torps to take out the BBs.  The slow turret traverse is not as big an issue in this operation since you know where all the bots will be coming from, and nothing will surprise you from the off-side.  For randoms you do want MBM2 in upgrade slot 3, and if your captain can afford it EM as well.  That will at least combine to get you 9.4 degrees/sec turret rotation.