Hapa_Fodder

Conquer the Stars in Master of Orion!

65 comments in this topic

Members
3 posts
46 battles

MoO:CtS is not as good as MoO (the original) or MoO2.  It is far better than MoO3.

Solid game if you like turn-based stuff.  Remember to install the unofficial patch, fixes a LOT of stuff WG never got around to.

I just wish I could get my fleets to focus fire...

Edited by Elkad

Members
87 posts
13,147 battles
13 hours ago, Sunk_This said:

So how do you download it for free? I have completed the mission, and I am logged in, and I go to wargaming.net and see MoO, and when I click STEAM it tells me the game is $24.99. Surely I am not the only one having this problem?

Start WGC,  Make sure you are logged in.  Go to "All Games".  There should be a download button if you completed the mission.

[70]
Members
2 posts
413 battles

well i have the game downloaded but now i can't play it for some reason? i go in and the title screen doesn't show up i get the planet and rings but no title

[WOLFG]
Members
2 posts

I completed a mission after clicking participate over 48 hours and still no MOO reference in WGC.  Shall I continue being patient or submit a ticket?

UPDATE:  I fired up the windows version of WGC and there it is.  Is there a particular reason the Mac version is not available?

Gaeraew

Edited by Gaeraew

[PHD]
Members
101 posts
9,042 battles
14 hours ago, Lionheart_x said:

well i have the game downloaded but now i can't play it for some reason? i go in and the title screen doesn't show up i get the planet and rings but no title

See my earlier post about how I got it working:

https://forum.worldofwarships.com/topic/215543-conquer-the-stars-in-master-of-orion/?page=2&tab=comments#comment-5007245

[70]
Members
2 posts
413 battles
On 4/10/2020 at 12:03 PM, Potohto928 said:

Got it working!

First find where the game is installed. I did this by right clicking on the "Master of Orion" icon on the desktop and selecting "Open file location". In my case that's "C:\Games\Master_of_Orion\".

There's a folder named "Packages" which contains two more folders "2012" and "2013". Each of those contains a file named vcredist_x64.exe

This is the runtime support for two versions of Microsoft Visual C++, a language near and dear to my heart.

I don't know if you need the 2012 version - I ran it and it "repaired" what was apparently  already installed. But the 2013 version actually installed something new and now I actually get a start menu!

it's finally working thanks but this is suck a pain in the rear

Edited by Lionheart_x
spelling errors

[UNBRI]
Members
4 posts
2,086 battles
On 4/13/2020 at 1:26 PM, MemeFlerp said:

Start WGC,  Make sure you are logged in.  Go to "All Games".  There should be a download button if you completed the mission.

I do not have any MOO game listed for download under all games

[FERAL]
Members
84 posts
4,747 battles
On 4/10/2020 at 12:03 PM, Potohto928 said:

Got it working!

First find where the game is installed. I did this by right clicking on the "Master of Orion" icon on the desktop and selecting "Open file location". In my case that's "C:\Games\Master_of_Orion\".

There's a folder named "Packages" which contains two more folders "2012" and "2013". Each of those contains a file named vcredist_x64.exe

This is the runtime support for two versions of Microsoft Visual C++, a language near and dear to my heart.

I don't know if you need the 2012 version - I ran it and it "repaired" what was apparently  already installed. But the 2013 version actually installed something new and now I actually get a start menu!

Thank you Photo for posting this.  I never would have known to do this.

Members
1 post
469 battles

This is awesome, but what a pain. No mention of this Command Center thing ANYWHERE but here; not even on WG's website?! Pretty bogus. Thanks for the free game, WG, for real, but you could help us out on the execution.

EDIT: ...OK, now I can't log in to my account from the command center using Google, which is the only way I ever log in to WG. Tells me my Google account isn't linked. Clearly it is.

2020-04-20_21h57_10.jpg

...OK again; I tried creating a WG account with the same username as WoW. It worked, so now I can log into the Command Center, but it doesn't show my WoWs account, and MoO is nowhere to be seen in the Command Center. Ticket submitted.

...This is getting rediculous. I tried adding WoWs to the Command Center manually, but it won't detect it when I point it to the executable's folder.

Edited by Baxder

Members
157 posts
4,137 battles

I got these games when they came out (all four of them now including the WG title), and now have all four of them due to WG.  I always liked the first game best because you could build massive fleets and redirect them to specific planets while building them in the late game.  My main thing has always been the exploration aspect.  Sending out ships to see what is out there, and than defining ones borders with the other races.  MOO2 was a better game, but limited your fleet size by a considerable amount and had a lot more micro-management.  MOO3...umm...yeah that's a game that felt like it wasn't finished.  I don't remember if I ever did figure out how to play it correctly, though I remember losing once because I was placed outside the Core systems and one of the AI races won election to be ruler of the Galaxy over Orion, and I had no way to stop it since I wasn't in the Senate.

WG MOO is fun.  It is different than the original games.  Mostly due to the hyperlanes.  But exploration is still fun.  The hyperlanes allow for galactic choke points.  Races have their own quirks like they did in MOO and MOO2.  While I'm not in the game for the ship to ship combat, I can be satisfied with the seeing the results of battles depending on what ships I deploy.  While I've gotten into Stellaris more of late, I spent many hours with WG MOO.

I am hoping for an eventual update.  While MOO 3 was not that great in terms of gameplay, it had have a lot of good lore ideas and races added to the game.  Those being added to WG MOO would be very interesting.  Especially if the current gameplay mechanics are retained. 

[4-FUN]
[4-FUN]
Members
52 posts
6,686 battles

Not sure if this is just how the MOO came out, but alot of my ships of different races look like LEGOs in blueprints and in battle?  Some ships look good and some look like they are made out of Lego's  Is this normal?  No mods Installed. Added PICTURE tryed posting .jpg and got error.

New Bitmap Image.bmp

Edited by Rockhound_97
added picture

Members
3 posts
46 battles
On 5/7/2020 at 5:33 PM, Rockhound_97 said:

Not sure if this is just how the MOO came out, but alot of my ships of different races look like LEGOs in blueprints and in battle?  Some ships look good and some look like they are made out of Lego's  Is this normal?  No mods Installed. Added PICTURE tryed posting .jpg and got error.

New Bitmap Image.bmp

You have "classic ships" turned on in options.

Those are MoO (1, original, 1993) ships.

Edited by Elkad
  • Cool 1

[4-FUN]
[4-FUN]
Members
52 posts
6,686 battles
1 hour ago, Elkad said:

You have "classic ships" turned on in options.

Those are MoO (1, original, 1993) ships.

Thanks!  :Smile_honoring:  I never even turned that on or mess with Options.  That Retro fleet must be on by default.  

[NL-20]
[NL-20]
Members
5 posts
954 battles

This may be an old topic but... um, did this come with the art book and music score as well? If so how do I access it? Where are the files located?

[SLDS]
Members
780 posts
5,715 battles
On 4/13/2020 at 1:20 PM, Elkad said:

MoO:CtS is not as good as MoO (the original) or MoO2.  It is far better than MoO3.

Solid game if you like turn-based stuff.  Remember to install the unofficial patch, fixes a LOT of stuff WG never got around to.

I just wish I could get my fleets to focus fire...

Combat can be realtime.