You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Hapa_Fodder

Conquer the Stars in Master of Orion!

65 comments in this topic

[WG]
Administrator, Developers, Community Department, WG Staff, In AlfaTesters
4,576 posts
15,087 battles

Complete a simple combat mission to set out on a galactic conquest!

Read it on the portal
  • Cool 5

[KWF]
Members
5,792 posts
7,007 battles

I take it we are only talking about the WGC version, or do we get Masters of Orion on Steam as well?

I tend to collect most of my games in one or two launchers max to not get overwhelmed, so such a choice would be pretty good. 

That said, I understand this is a means to have people also use WGC, nothing bad with that.

Edited by warheart1992
  • Cool 2

Members
20 posts
2,411 battles

Never heard of it before, but it does interest me now that I know about it, AND I'm not going to pass up a free game. Thanks WG.

• Cool 2

[DRIL]
Beta Testers
1 post
2,309 battles

So to my understanding you get the game for free just by click participate and win a game, then why does the bundles say " bonus mission to obtain the master of orion game"?

[K-POP]
Members
3,069 posts
24,588 battles
53 minutes ago, Admiral_Thrawn_1 said:

Galactic Conquest is my job... :Smile_trollface:

DC1D5E7F-DBA1-49C8-AEC8-984E86146A86.jpeg.dd1b076f1960f354b394a9e54f737c46.jpeg

Well you may conquer worlds but you still have to answer to him :Smile_trollface: 

Star Wars 9 Trailer Laugh Explained: The Big Bad Is Back | Collider

Edited by tm63au
  • Funny 4

[PVE]
Members
7,873 posts
23,833 battles
1 hour ago, Capt_Kaleb said:

Never heard of it before, but it does interest me now that I know about it, AND I'm not going to pass up a free game. Thanks WG.

Originally there was Civilization...the easy way to win it was conquest (killing everybody off)...the hard way was diplomacy until you were the 1st to advance your technology to build a spaceship.

Orion was part 2...now that you have made it to space you explore the stars.

Part 3 (my personal favorite) was UFO Command... where you are back on earth & repelling alien invaders from the stars.

All originally DOS games...all quite entertaining in their day.

Bought my 1st computer (was using my brothers back up before then) explicitly to be able to play Orion 2.

The newer Orion is a bit more elaborate (more 3D-ish in it's graphics anyway) but I never played it much...was too addicted to ships by the time I discovered it :-)

• Cool 1

[O_O]
[O_O]
Members
5,225 posts
22,815 battles

I still have the original set of four 3.5" DOS disks for the game. The book is long gone. I played that game all the time. It was just that fun. Thanks WG!

• Cool 2

[K-POP]
Members
3,069 posts
24,588 battles
3 minutes ago, Admiral_Thrawn_1 said:

20C24EDD-6411-45D4-A2AB-483BC16E369A.thumb.jpeg.b6cf70e4151c27421520e1dd55003a56.jpeg

Arkiel (Commissions Open) on Twitter: "Sleep- Palpatine's "It's ...

• Funny 6

[WOLFO]
[WOLFO]
Members
597 posts
5,863 battles

Back in the day, it was a good game. Played the original. Free games are always nice. I may dl it. Thanks for the offer!

I really just wanted to see the camo's. I have a sickness for collecting things. :)

And thanks for the rare spring sky ones from the forum game. Didn't have that one yet.

Members
877 posts
6,656 battles
11 hours ago, IfYouSeeKhaos said:

Originally there was Civilization...the easy way to win it was conquest (killing everybody off)...the hard way was diplomacy until you were the 1st to advance your technology to build a spaceship.

Orion was part 2...now that you have made it to space you explore the stars.

Part 3 (my personal favorite) was UFO Command... where you are back on earth & repelling alien invaders from the stars.

All originally DOS games...all quite entertaining in their day.

Bought my 1st computer (was using my brothers back up before then) explicitly to be able to play Orion 2.

The newer Orion is a bit more elaborate (more 3D-ish in it's graphics anyway) but I never played it much...was too addicted to ships by the time I discovered it :-)

I actually play MOO, but I prefer Stellaris.  It's significantly more layered.  Personally, I enjoy games with a strategic element in them.  It's not just about fighting battles, but why you have forces in a place in the first place.

So if we already own MoS (have since its original release by WG), what do we get?

Edited by JAKeller
Mistyped game name

Members
409 posts
11,819 battles

Wow, I remember the days of the original and how my friends all said it was a great game, but at the time I didn't have funds to purchase it. Now I'll finally get to try it. Thanks WG!

[DRFTR]
Beta Testers
3,919 posts

i loved MOO all those years ago...   but.. none of the perma camo fits any ships i like...  spent the money on the MOO tanks offer instead because there I can put it on any tank i like.

[TFLT]
[TFLT]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
795 posts
13,241 battles

I've been playing MOO for almost 20 years.  It's a turn based game and can provide a couple of hours entertainment when you want some down time.  That promo video WG is using is highly misleading.  You're probably not going to find the level of excitement you may be expecting.

[F4E-2]
Members
162 posts
11,847 battles
7 hours ago, Capt_Kaleb said:

MOO 1-2 some of the greatest games ever. 3...not so much.

[LSNB]
[LSNB]
Members
1,687 posts
5,481 battles

Saw the game on the list of WG games before; now I'm interested. Hopefully, this event will bring some life to the game.

How much space does the game take?

[TCAL]
Members
1,211 posts
12,732 battles

Found this offer on both the EU and this server. It let me click in on both...what's with that?

Edited by DarthDon49

Members
877 posts
6,656 battles
7 hours ago, Crij said:

@Hapa_Fodder  Is possible to get a Steam key for those of us that have Steam accounts instead of WGC?

I had MOO installed on Steam.

Members
877 posts
6,656 battles
5 hours ago, destawaits said:

Saw the game on the list of WG games before; now I'm interested. Hopefully, this event will bring some life to the game.

How much space does the game take?

Right now, I'm hoping it'll get some updates eventually.  Hasn't had one in ... oh ... 4 years.

Members
324 posts
20 hours ago, Hapa_Fodder said:

Complete a simple combat mission to set out on a galactic conquest!

Read it on the portal

I actually appreciate the new space expendable camos ....but @Hapa_Fodder, what about the Space Battles events in WoWS?  Will they be making a return sometime soon this month or in the next coming months?  As far as I can tell, there is no mention on when the Space Battle events will return (or if they EVER will return to WoWS).