Jump to content
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
lloyd1701

Strong Willed Campaign is a HUGE step up from recent Directives

40 comments in this topic

Recommended Posts

449
[BUOY]
Members
1,213 posts
16,240 battles

One of the worst things about the Directives basically starting with Puerto Rico and directives named "Here Comes Fun!" (i.e. grind 150k nation specific BXP in under 24 hours) was their utter lack of rewards basically consisting of singleton flags and such.

But with this campaign you have the potential to get in the sub missions:

60k Elite Captain XP

17.5k FXP

1 Port Slot

1 million credits

179x combat and regular economic flags

35x expendable camos

14x dragon flags

And with the end missions you get:

1 million credits

3 days Premium

5k coal

500 steel (so even if you don't care a whit about Swirsky and/or Ikea DD's, completing up to stage 4 is probably worth it)

Swirsky + 20k ECXP

Really well done for WG in providing a true campaign with actual rewards.

Edited by lloyd1701
  • Cool 10

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,200
[EQRN]
Members
2,209 posts
19,777 battles

And you have 6 months to do it.  Would have been nice if it was permanent, oh well, I’m grateful for small blessings.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6,106
[FOXEH]
Banned
14,364 posts
20,618 battles

And in 7 months you'll be able to buy him for only $ 19.99. Yay!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4,642
[RLGN]
Members
15,645 posts
27,355 battles
17 minutes ago, Umikami said:

And in 7 months you'll be able to buy him for only $ 19.99. Yay!

Don’t know about this; but love how WG is once again going ‘wink-wink nudge-nudge hurry to high tiers!’ with all the subtlety of a 2x4 to the back of the head, by restricting everything to T8+.

 Oh well; at least there’s a PvE element, and I’m grinding LUs right now anyway.

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,575
Members
4,479 posts
19,839 battles

I'm not impressed or interested. Some missions have to be done with a tier 8 and up Euro bote, which means that those of us who have Blyskawica cant use her to do them. (planned that way I'm sure) Hell, they all require tier 8 and up botes. And most of the others can be done in Randoms only.

  • Cool 3
  • Boring 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4,642
[RLGN]
Members
15,645 posts
27,355 battles
6 minutes ago, ReddNekk said:

I'm not impressed or interested. Some missions have to be done with a tier 8 and up Euro bote, which means that those of us who have Blyskawica cant use her to do them. (planned that way I'm sure) Hell, they all require tier 8 and up botes. And most of the others can be done in Randoms only.

This.

x inf.

Sorry WG. Your blatant attempt at manipulation fails to impress me.

Nor will it ‘inspire’ me to climb your IKEA destroyer tree.

Once I get my minimum games in Gryf, (5 PvP, 5 PvE,) I’m done with it. Back to playing the things I want/need to play.

  • Boring 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
865 posts
16 minutes ago, ReddNekk said:

I'm not impressed or interested. Some missions have to be done with a tier 8 and up Euro bote, which means that those of us who have Blyskawica cant use her to do them. (planned that way I'm sure) Hell, they all require tier 8 and up botes. And most of the others can be done in Randoms only.

Remember that you can do the same mission over and over again to get the required number of stars. Most of the missions also don't required a Pan Euro ship. The high tier requirement is also present in most of the other campaigns.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6,106
[FOXEH]
Banned
14,364 posts
20,618 battles
19 minutes ago, Estimated_Prophet said:

Don’t know about this; but love how WG is once again going ‘wink-wink nudge-nudge hurry to high tiers!’ with all the subtlety of a 2x4 to the back of the head, by restricting everything to T8+.

 Oh well; at least there’s a PvE element, and I’m grinding LUs right now anyway.

Yeah, I'm not doing this; the reward is worth so much less than the effort required to get it. What are LUs? You got me with that one!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
73
[QC_1_]
Beta Testers
183 posts
7,984 battles

Also, if you redo the same mission, it's just a nasty grind for low reward.

 

The only benefit is if you can complete all the missions for all the rewards... And some are very tedious.

 

Feels like holiday Puerto Rico grind again...

  • Boring 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
865 posts
8 minutes ago, Umikami said:

Yeah, I'm not doing this; the reward is worth so much less than the effort required to get it. What are LUs? You got me with that one!

Probably "legendary upgrade" aka the unique upgrade (UU).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,575
Members
4,479 posts
19,839 battles
3 minutes ago, Umikami said:

Yeah, I'm not doing this; the reward is worth so much less than the effort required to get it. What are LUs? You got me with that one!

I have no desire to work up another Euro Commander to 19 points that I'm not going to use anyway since I have zero interest in the Swedish Meatballs.

  • Boring 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2,861
[SGSS]
Members
5,744 posts
1 hour ago, lloyd1701 said:

One of the worst things about the Directives basically starting with Puerto Rico and directives named "Here Comes Fun!" (i.e. grind 150k nation specific BXP in under 24 hours) was their utter lack of rewards basically consisting of singleton flags and such.

But with this campaign you have the potential to get in the sub missions:

60k Elite Captain XP

17.5k FXP

1 Port Slot

1 million credits

179x combat and regular economic flags

35x expendable camos

14x dragon flags

And with the end missions you get:

1 million credits

3 days Premium

5k coal

500 steel (so even if you don't care a whit about Swirsky and/or Ikea DD's, completing up to stage 4 is probably worth it)

Swirsky + 20k ECXP

Really well done for WG in providing a true campaign with actual rewards.

How did you get your pick side ways like that?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6,106
[FOXEH]
Banned
14,364 posts
20,618 battles
3 minutes ago, guns_at_last_light said:

Probably "legendary upgrade" aka the unique upgrade (UU).

That makes sense. Thanks!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4,642
[RLGN]
Members
15,645 posts
27,355 battles
12 minutes ago, Umikami said:

Yeah, I'm not doing this; the reward is worth so much less than the effort required to get it. What are LUs? You got me with that one!

Legendary Upgrade?

I’m not sure what to call them any more.

(ninja’d)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6,106
[FOXEH]
Banned
14,364 posts
20,618 battles
2 minutes ago, Estimated_Prophet said:

I’m not sure what to call them any more.

Huge pain in the rear? Not doing those either; the amount of time I spend at tier 10 is almost non-existent. I don't care for the high tier meta, which seems to be whoever hides the best wins. I much prefer the mid range tiers, 5, 6, 7, etc, where ships actually move and maneuver. Personal preference.

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10,433
[SALVO]
Members
26,116 posts
29,100 battles
41 minutes ago, ReddNekk said:

I'm not impressed or interested. Some missions have to be done with a tier 8 and up Euro bote, which means that those of us who have Blyskawica cant use her to do them. (planned that way I'm sure) Hell, they all require tier 8 and up botes. And most of the others can be done in Randoms only.

There are other campaigns that are tier 8 and above.  This limitation is nothing new.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
89
[-POI-]
Members
89 posts
9,737 battles

Yeah, just trying the 18 fires in 1 battle made me realize that I'm not gonna work so hard to get whatever they give with this crap. 400+ shots landed with smol with flags and perks and 12 fires...

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10,433
[SALVO]
Members
26,116 posts
29,100 battles
4 minutes ago, Umikami said:

Huge pain in the rear? Not doing those either; the amount of time I spend at tier 10 is almost non-existent. I don't care for the high tier meta, which seems to be whoever hides the best wins. I much prefer the mid range tiers, 5, 6, 7, etc, where ships actually move and maneuver. Personal preference.

Again, don't blame the players.  Blame the maps.  Maps tend to dictate how players play each of those maps.  Maps that are littered with islands tend to produce less dynamic game play.

The problem is that the map makers just can't get it into their heads to produce more open maps rather than island choked maps.

That said, even game play on open maps can become rather static, just in a different way.  Rather than static being ships parked behind or beside islands, you can have static play where each team is more or less just circling around at longer range, rather than closing on the enemy.

Frankly, if one really likes dynamic game play, I suggest playing DDs, because most of them will prefer being constantly on the move, constantly seeking out the enemy or looking for good flanking shots for their torps, and so on.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
449
[BUOY]
Members
1,213 posts
16,240 battles
35 minutes ago, Estimated_Prophet said:

This.

x inf.

Sorry WG. Your blatant attempt at manipulation fails to impress me.

Nor will it ‘inspire’ me to climb your IKEA destroyer tree.

Once I get my minimum games in Gryf, (5 PvP, 5 PvE,) I’m done with it. Back to playing the things I want/need to play.

:Smile_amazed: Literally every stage has a co-op enabled mission for any ship T8 or 9 that is just accumulation i.e. playing the game. 

2 minutes ago, SilentSorrow said:

Yeah, just trying the 18 fires in 1 battle made me realize that I'm not gonna work so hard to get whatever they give with this crap. 400+ shots landed with smol with flags and perks and 12 fires...

Remember, you can repeat missions for stars.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3,433
[WOLF1]
Beta Testers
12,338 posts
17,511 battles

Campaigns are so nice. Tons of time can be done casually but also can be a grind fest for those that want everything, take your pick. Good stuff. Nice work WG!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
265
[WOLF9]
Members
1,136 posts
23,051 battles
1 hour ago, ReddNekk said:

I'm not impressed or interested. Some missions have to be done with a tier 8 and up Euro bote, which means that those of us who have Blyskawica cant use her to do them. (planned that way I'm sure) Hell, they all require tier 8 and up botes. And most of the others can be done in Randoms only.

Exactly.  I only got T5 and T6 with the tokens.  I have the Blyz.  I do not have Friesland.  Orkan is NOT available until later this month.  And one of the two COop missions require T8 - T10 EU boats.  And I really don't play DDs.

EDIT:  BUT at least there is one pure COOP mission each step.

Edited by kyesac

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4,642
[RLGN]
Members
15,645 posts
27,355 battles
15 minutes ago, lloyd1701 said:

:Smile_amazed: Literally every stage has a co-op enabled mission for any ship T8 or 9 that is just accumulation i.e. playing the game. 

Remember, you can repeat missions for stars.

Of this, I am aware. It’s how I completed it in PT.

However; based on the various posts related to the scarcity of high amount PE token drops, (40+,) I wonder how many players are ready/or able to leap right into the T8 IKEA DD needed for some of these tasks.

The T8 restriction, while following precedent, is basically a thumb in the eye to anyone who owns Blyskawica.

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6,106
[FOXEH]
Banned
14,364 posts
20,618 battles
5 hours ago, Crucis said:

Again, don't blame the players.  Blame the maps.

Doesn't fit for me, as the way high tier games go it's pretty much the same play style for every map. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×