Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
anonym_LreZfNvihoej

WG. Please stahp

9 comments in this topic

Members
652 posts

Selling hi-tiers left and right is wrong. Period. Please stahp

image.thumb.png.3a1f89979da44289d91fe0f3ad39ae82.png

Because when your team is full of this. It's just wrong. 

At this point I'm not sure what is worse - CV infestation or bad player at hi-tiers infestation. Against CV you can switch to playing only AA-capable ships, which is not ideal and leave behind big bunch of good stuff, but kind'a sort'a works. But against bad teams there's no solution. 

Members
2,444 posts
14,519 battles

Here is the thing:  If you had the ability to create something virtual that people would pay for....how much are you going to limit those people who are willing to give you money for essentially "nothing" in the interest of being good for the game?

"I'm sorry sir, but before you can give me $50 for this Tirpitz, you must play enough games to get to Tier 8." 

Not going to happen and honestly, you probably wouldn't put a restriction on it if you were in charge either.

• Cool 1

[PVE]
Members
10,925 posts
18,908 battles

I would be willing to bet that in 3 or 4 more battles those two win rates will equal out and not in the good direction.

Members
3,792 posts
23,987 battles

Been like this since start of game, always will have fish out of water in premiums they don't have the skill to play.

• Funny 1

[RLGN]
Members
15,661 posts
27,384 battles
41 minutes ago, 1SneakyDevil said:

Been like this since start of game, always will have fish out of water in premiums they don't have the skill to play.

lol

Someone who remembers the Tirpocolypse! :cap_haloween:

• Cool 1

[HINON]
Alpha Tester
25,204 posts
21,021 battles

There are 11 spots for such eedyuts on your team. 12 on the enemy team. Favorable odds.

• Funny 1

0 posts

Yes, wallet warriors always been a thing - I do remember Tirpitz'es 4 years ago and chat reaction, but it was little thing before. Now it's part of dominating problem - steamrolls aka short games. And when game lasts whole timer it's usually just because few survivors are actually good players.

3 hours ago, Old_Baldy_One said:

Here is the thing:  If you had the ability to create something virtual that people would pay for....how much are you going to limit those people who are willing to give you money for essentially "nothing" in the interest of being good for the game?

"I'm sorry sir, but before you can give me $50 for this Tirpitz, you must play enough games to get to Tier 8." 

Not going to happen and honestly, you probably wouldn't put a restriction on it if you were in charge either.

The problem is not the selling those ships - I'm actually fine with that. The problem is not regulating hi-tiers. Solution (in my opinion) is simple and effective. Make low XP earners suffer on hi-tiers through economy - something along those lines: worst xp earners should lose credits by metric ton in both winning and losing team (winning to less extent). This will drain cash from whales (who don't learn) through economic flags and war chests but push away most bad players from hi-tiers to make them either play not the fancy ship they like but the ship they can handle. In long run this approach should retain player base. I believe during 2019 we lost big part of experienced players to CV and hi-tier-premiums disasters.

2 hours ago, Lert said:

There are 11 spots for such eedyuts on your team. 12 on the enemy team. Favorable odds.

I understand - win is great motivation, but actually those odds doesn't mean much when your team just dies out in first few minutes. One good player vs few bad players is still a loss. High content of bad players just makes outcome of battle more random and less related to players quality. But more importantly it makes battles into short chaotic fallout fulled with salt. And to be influential you have to pick universal ship and some ship classes (relaying on other ships for spotting/aa/anti-dd etc roles) just don't have place. It's just not healthy for the game

[HINON]
Alpha Tester
25,204 posts
21,021 battles
4 minutes ago, SlartiBartFastE2 said:

I understand - win is great motivation, but actually those odds doesn't mean much when your team just dies out in first few minutes. One good player vs few bad players is still a loss.

That still assumes a higher concentration of idiots on your team than the other.

What right does anyone have to deny anyone else the right to play this game? If you don't want idiots stinking up your team, play clan wars. Anyone has the right to play this game.

• Cool 1

Members
3,792 posts
23,987 battles
18 hours ago, Estimated_Prophet said:

lol

Someone who remembers the Tirpocolypse! :cap_haloween:

Haha, yes that was awesome. I was a heavy DD player back then so I welcomed the unskilled straight line sailing captains often with my fish.

But I recall my comment applying to the earlier premium ships like Sims and others too. It was just less noticeable until the Tirpocolypse.

Sign in to follow this