Ariokk

Guess it's my turn

15 comments in this topic

[HRVAT]
Members
430 posts
22,453 battles

Woke up this morning with a fever at 102 and aches in places I never dreamed I could have them. I've been a bit more tired the last few days but had passed it off as stress and such. 

This morning the temp was a bit higher  but not by much but the cough I thought was from inhaling dust at work and pollen outside when i was mowing, seems to have persisted and for all i know it could be something worse. 

It's a 40 minute drive to the doctor and i really don't want to go to the hospital if i don't have to.  The good news is that my brother is out of quarantine and on the mend in London and Mom is holding her own on the Jersey shore. My hometown out there has 14 cases of COVID and with a very small population, chances are i know one or two of them. I don't wish this crap on anyone. Sometimes it's all i can do to stay awake and other times I'm tired as hell but my body isn't inclined to let me sleep at all.  I hope this passes relatively quickly, although i think it's going to get a little worse before it gets better. 

Stay safe, be kind to each other

Members
12,597 posts
14,320 battles
3 minutes ago, SKurj said:

don't wait...

Yeah I agree with how severe this virus can be on a respiratory system, if you wait you could end up having to pay added costs for Ambulance if not worse. 

[PSP]
[PSP]
Members
14,513 posts
15 minutes ago, Ariokk said:

Woke up this morning with a fever at 102 and aches in places I never dreamed I could have them.

Hang in there. I hope you have a speedy recovery. We are all rooting for you.

[WORX]
Members
12,659 posts
19,907 battles
16 minutes ago, Ariokk said:

Woke up this morning with a fever at 102 and aches in places I never dreamed I could have them. I've been a bit more tired the last few days but had passed it off as stress and such. 

This morning the temp was a bit higher  but not by much but the cough I thought was from inhaling dust at work and pollen outside when i was mowing, seems to have persisted and for all i know it could be something worse. 

It's a 40 minute drive to the doctor and i really don't want to go to the hospital if i don't have to.  The good news is that my brother is out of quarantine and on the mend in London and Mom is holding her own on the Jersey shore. My hometown out there has 14 cases of COVID and with a very small population, chances are i know one or two of them. I don't wish this crap on anyone. Sometimes it's all i can do to stay awake and other times I'm tired as hell but my body isn't inclined to let me sleep at all.  I hope this passes relatively quickly, although i think it's going to get a little worse before it gets better. 

Stay safe, be kind to each other

Dont self medicate... GO!

I would rather go and be a false alarm, then stay home and be proven wrong...

If I were you I would make the drive and be sure its a false alarm then staying home.

I say Go now this instant after reading my post.

[TWFT]
Members
1,448 posts
40,281 battles

Get help and testing sooner rather then latter.

Prayin.......

Members
4,137 posts
44,199 battles

Do not let your fever get any higher. If you can't control it or you have trouble breathing, seek medical attention.

According to guidelines here where I live, 100.5 is low grade fever.

It's easier to find the virus once you go feverish, but difficult to find if no fever.

Call ahead and if the nearby clinic can't test, then they should divert you to one that does. You can even get tested while in your vehicle. It's a swab taken from in your mouth.

A decongestant is usual treatment with an added fever reducer.

If a sinus infection, then antibiotics will be also used.

They may ask you to remain where you are, so make sure someone is giving you warm liquid foods.

Chicken soup works for me, but any warm soup will work with a modest amount of salt. Salt breaks down mucus.

Just monitor your vitals and try cool towels on the forehead. Dip in cool water and wring out. Apply on head just above eyebrows and across the each side of the temples.

Again, follow advice from the Dr and avoid contact with people. Vitamin D is suggested to boost immune system. Try chamomile tea with honey and lemon. It helps relax the air passages. If you have access to strawberries, snack on some to add a natural histamine blocker. Since it is all natural, you will not feel drowsy.

Inform your employer of the situation immediately.

It takes 14 days to even clear you.

Stay safe and get help if you don't feel right.

Edited by SteelRain_Rifleman

[WOLF9]
Wiki Lead
15,806 posts
4,771 battles
46 minutes ago, Ariokk said:

It's a 40 minute drive to the doctor

A deep, dry, non-productive cough is a bad sign.  Cough due to dust and junk should be productive.  Remember the plain old misreable flu is still out there, in even greater numbers, so don't jump to a conclusion.  (For muscle pain vs. sleep, I have the same problem when chemo gets bad.  Get some Melatonin and take 5-6 mg right before lying down.)

Best not to drive yourself in this condition.

Call the doctor and take his advice.   Doc may also be able to subscribe some Tramadol, which is a little better for this than the OTC analgesics like Tylenol.

Edited by iDuckman

[HRVAT]
Members
430 posts
22,453 battles
28 minutes ago, SteelRain_Rifleman said:

Do not let your fever get any higher. If you can't control it or you have trouble breathing, seek medical attention.

According to guidelines here where I live, 100.5 is low grade fever.

It's easier to find the virus once you go feverish, but difficult to find if no fever.

Call ahead and if the nearby clinic can't test, then they should divert you to one that does. You can even get tested while in your vehicle. It's a swab taken from in your mouth.

A decongestant is usual treatment with an added fever reducer.

If a sinus infection, then antibiotics will be also used.

They may ask you to remain where you are, so make sure someone is giving you warm liquid foods.

Chicken soup works for me, but any warm soup will work with a modest amount of salt. Salt breaks down mucus.

Just monitor your vitals and try cool towels on the forehead. Dip in cool water and wring out. Apply on head just above eyebrows and across the each side of the temples.

Again, follow advice from the Dr and avoid contact with people. Vitamin D is suggested to boost immune system. Try chamomile tea with honey and lemon. It helps relax the air passages. If you have access to strawberries, snack on some to add a natural histamine blocker. Since it is all natural, you will not feel drowsy.

Inform your employer of the situation immediately.

It takes 14 days to even clear you.

Stay safe and get help if you don't feel right.

Just got off the phone with the VA clinic. They want me to stay here and keep an eye on it.  So plenty of liquids and vitamins and such. I have melatonin for sleep as well. I've been doing the cool towels as well. I told them i have a CPAP machine which they said might help in a pinch. I have Advil to help with aches and Vitamin D as well.  Thanks guys.... this really sucks. I'm staying away from literally everyone. I dont even let the dogs near me for long. they like to sit up against me and that soft fur gets so warm. LOL.

Thanks for all the well wishes. 

• Cool 1

[PVE]
Members
10,930 posts
18,933 battles

Remember to breathe deep even if it isn't comfortable. Seek help if it starts getting worse. Keep fighting the fever with liquids and aspirin or Tylenol. Get better.

[WORX]
Members
12,659 posts
19,907 battles
28 minutes ago, Ariokk said:

Just got off the phone with the VA clinic.

Get your hands on or have some one drop off an Oximeter fast... Those are helpful with the current pandemic...

Also, you can bypass the clinic and go straight to the nearest ER Dept... If this persists you may have no choice then to go to the nearest ER.

[HRVAT]
Members
430 posts
22,453 battles

ER is literally right up the street, so as a destination that one is a winner. It's definitely a non-productive cough, but at the moment it's infrequent at best. Fever is still high and i'm at zero energy, but you can only sleep so much. Thanks everyone for the thoughts and prayers. It means a lot. After 14 days i am going to have some serious cabin fever for sure. 

Members
4,137 posts
44,199 battles

I hope you get well. According to medical professionals over here. I may be asymptomatic. That means I might only have 1 symptom and still have it, but am not suffering from the virus. I might be instead a carrier. So the facility I am being assigned to has informed me that I can not come in contact with my regular facility in any way. I am only to work in the office area. I was issued my mask today. But I have to wear it all through the facility and monitor my temperature.

But since I am essential, they will only send me home if I get a fever.

According to company Dr, I must have been exposed to a related strain and have some immunity. But I am still a high risk.

So as of this moment, I am in the same boat. Only I don't get seriously ill. My immune system is fighting a long dragged out war. But it's winning.

I am going to be away from my original plant until this thing ends.

I am just grateful that I am making a contribution to our supply chain. And they deem me an important problem solver of all things.

It just sucks to find out today that I was being closely monitored this way for weeks and they hired a former presidential advisor Dr to make a ruling.

I sincerely hope you get well. I know exactly what you feel. Except for the really sick part.

But a dry cough is all I really get but the high white blood cell count was the determining factor of someone who is asymptomatic in my case. I determined I got it during a trip to the ER.

I have to monitor each day. Once I flare up in fever, I stay home.

Good luck and take great care. You will get through this. Because I sure as heck am going to.

I have had pneumonia, and far worse types of flu.

They fact that I am fighting it now shows my resolve.

I will get better.

Keep telling yourself that.

😎