Jump to content
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Smthkd

Doubloon Price Increase!

40 comments in this topic

Recommended Posts

57
[N-W-T]
Members
47 posts
5,251 battles

Anyone notice the [edited] price change for Doubloons. These prices are ridiculous! With people out of jobs and economy tanking and Covid-19 this is the thanks we get for making a company rich for a game! um no thank you WG. Just continue to push people away!

  • Cool 2
  • Boring 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
395
[HMCSH]
Beta Testers
1,659 posts
21,857 battles
Just now, Smthkd said:

Anyone notice the [edited] price change for Doubloons. These prices are ridiculous! With people out of jobs and economy tanking and Covid-19 this is the thanks we get for making a company rich for a game! um no thank you WG. Just continue to push people away!

Actually ..yes the price has gone down!

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3,256
[GOB]
Members
2,709 posts

The one I used to get was the Admirals bounty ( I think) it's gone. $47 bucks for 12,500 Dubs and 30 days Premium time. It was the best deal in the shop.

NOW you get the 12,500 dubs WITHOUT the premium time for 49.50 so yes you can say the price has gone up in a way.

Like @Hapa_Fodder said it was also on sale but the package itself no longer exists. 

Col Out

Edited by Col_Nasty
  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7,883
[WG]
Administrator, Developers, Community Department, WG Staff, In AlfaTesters
4,576 posts
15,087 battles
9 minutes ago, Smthkd said:

Anyone notice the [edited] price change for Doubloons. These prices are ridiculous! With people out of jobs and economy tanking and Covid-19 this is the thanks we get for making a company rich for a game! um no thank you WG. Just continue to push people away!

Aloha,

We have not changed the price of doubloons. Though some items may have been on sale and sales ended with the new patch. There should be new sales coming up (and no I can't speak to what they will be).

Mahalo,

-Hapa

  • Cool 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
126
[BTH]
Members
337 posts
18,646 battles

I did not notice the price change. Probably the discount on some items has ended and they resumed the normal price, so you see an "increase". :fish_aqua:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,150
[DRFTR]
Beta Testers
3,919 posts
5 minutes ago, Col_Nasty said:

The one I used to get was the Admirals bounty ( I think) it's gone. $47 bucks for 12,500 Dubs and 30 days Premium time. It was the best deal in the shop.

NOW you get the 12,500 dubs WITHOUT the premium time for 49.50 so yes you can say the price has gone up in a way.

Col Out

Yup i bought that package last month for $60 cad...  now its not available but there is one with 9000 dbl and 30 days for $50cad now...

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2,148
[USCC2]
Members
6,454 posts
6 minutes ago, Col_Nasty said:

The one I used to get was the Admirals bounty ( I think) it's gone. $47 bucks for 12,500 Dubs and 30 days Premium time. It was the best deal in the shop.

NOW you get the 12,500 dubs WITHOUT the premium time for 49.50 so yes you can say the price has gone up in a way.

Col Out

Yes, remember that bundle, as you seemed to get the same amount of Doubloons + the 30 days for the same price.

Now it is 9000 Doubloons + 30 days.

 

Maybe Doubloons are subject to Global changes too, not nerfed, just changed lol :Smile_teethhappy:

  • Funny 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
34
[PIZZA]
[PIZZA]
Members
29 posts
7,896 battles
10 minutes ago, Hapa_Fodder said:

Aloha,

We have not changed the price of doubloons. Though some items may have been on sale and sales ended with the new patch. There should be new sales coming up (and no I can't speak to what they will be).

Mahalo,

-Hapa

3000 doubloons went up $.01 since 3/30/2020. Technically there has been a price increase for doubloons.

  • Boring 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
104
[KSF]
Privateers
358 posts
12,865 battles

The base price for doubloons, US $.40/100 or 1 D = $0.004, has been static since 12/2019.  

  • Cool 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2,148
[USCC2]
Members
6,454 posts
31 minutes ago, TheBigM145 said:

The base price for doubloons, US $.40/100 or 1 D = $0.004, has been static since 12/2019.  

Absolutely correct, and I am sure many bought the base price.

But then some looked at getting better value for money.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
999
[X-PN]
Members
1,582 posts
12,174 battles

It used to be you got a small discount for buying larger amounts.

That went away around the beginning of the year, now +- a few cents,  1250 doubloons is now the same rate as 25,000.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,822
[1984]
Members
4,482 posts
21,506 battles
3 hours ago, Smthkd said:

Anyone notice the [edited] price change for Doubloons. These prices are ridiculous! With people out of jobs and economy tanking and Covid-19 this is the thanks we get for making a company rich for a game! um no thank you WG. Just continue to push people away!

If youre that hard up for cash why would you waste it on digital nonsense ?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
116
[H_]
Members
762 posts
12,630 battles
3 hours ago, Col_Nasty said:

The one I used to get was the Admirals bounty ( I think) it's gone. $47 bucks for 12,500 Dubs and 30 days Premium time. It was the best deal in the shop.

NOW you get the 12,500 dubs WITHOUT the premium time for 49.50 so yes you can say the price has gone up in a way.

Yeah this is the one i always got as well.. Not anymore.. oh well.. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,150
[DRFTR]
Beta Testers
3,919 posts
9 minutes ago, S16_Hunter said:

Yeah this is the one i always got as well.. Not anymore.. oh well.. 

Hapa does say some stuff inbound... hopefully a replacement...  granted for me $50 is a little easier to accept, but not as good a deal.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,571
[WOLF2]
Members
4,985 posts
20,945 battles
30 minutes ago, monpetitloup said:

If youre that hard up for cash why would you waste it on digital nonsense ?

Yessssss … 

Now it's all coming into view and I can see clearly what you are saying 

Digital + nonsense = money 

 

So, digital minus nonsense = savings :)

Sorry WG …  you have to go!

Edited by Commander_367

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,822
[1984]
Members
4,482 posts
21,506 battles
3 minutes ago, Commander_367 said:

Yessssss … 

Now it's all coming into view and I can see clearly what you are saying 

Digital + nonsense = money 

 

So, digital minus nonsense = savings :)

Actually i was more thinking real is more valuable than digital... but your formula works as well.

also digital + money = nonsense :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,571
[WOLF2]
Members
4,985 posts
20,945 battles
22 hours ago, monpetitloup said:

Actually i was more thinking real is more valuable than digital... but your formula works as well.

also digital + money = nonsense :)

I would agree except for one small detail … 

How many of us actually see our money or convert it into cash?

It's all electronic account transfers and digitized lol 

 

The Fed injects 4 trillion of liquidity into the markets overnight and everything appears to work,

But if everyone withdrew all their cash from the banks, would it still work - I think not :)

It comes and goes without anyone ever seeing it or laying hands on it 

Ask yourself, did it ever really exist?

 

Edit: The Fed added another 2.3 trillion Thursday morning … and the 2.2 fiscal package may be followed by another 500 billion 

By my count, we're looking at well over 9 trillion dollars in less than a month - that's trillion with a "T"

The numbers are getting a little crazy :)

 

Edited by Commander_367

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
739 posts
7,780 battles
7 hours ago, Col_Nasty said:

NOW you get the 12,500 dubs WITHOUT the premium time for 49.50 so yes you can say the price has gone up in a way.

Thats the regular price... nothing has changed.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3,256
[GOB]
Members
2,709 posts
35 minutes ago, Sethanas said:

Thats the regular price... nothing has changed.

You are not even close to correct. Simple math.

12,500 dubs AND 30 days premium was about 47.00 ( ish )  has been for  over a year as a sale item. I bought it enough times to know.

NOW 12, 000 dubs is 49 bucks  That is Less Dubs for more $$ AND no 30 days Premium time to boot.

Not sure where you live but that mathematically is FAR from the same.

In fact no matter where you live , that is NOT the same.

Thnx

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3,256
[GOB]
Members
2,709 posts
3 hours ago, Commander_367 said:

I would agree except for one small detail … 

How many of us actually see our money or convert it into cash?

It's all electronic account transfers and digitized lol 

 

 

The Fed injects 4 trillion of liquidity into the markets overnight and everything appears to work,

But if everyone withdrew all their cash from the banks, would it still work - I think not :)

It comes and goes without anyone ever seeing it or laying hands on it 

Ask yourself, did it ever really exist?

 

;  )

6b5c73c0a67a4141ca63a5a6ffa8dee341adcd5e.jpg

  • Funny 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6,383
[WOLFG]
Members
32,288 posts
10,008 battles
3 hours ago, Commander_367 said:

I would agree except for one small detail … 

How many of us actually see our money or convert it into cash?

It's all electronic account transfers and digitized lol 

Yup, been over 20 years since I walked out of Money Mart every Friday with a wallet full of cash lol.

To be fair though, money has no inherent value, it's just a medium of exchange. If the government backing it goes under, you're left with something that isn't even good for toilet paper.

With everything else going digital the last 30 years or so, it's no surprise the money is too.

I wouldn't be surprised to see cash being relegated to third-world nations in my lifetime.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,822
[1984]
Members
4,482 posts
21,506 battles
10 hours ago, Commander_367 said:

I would agree except for one small detail … 

How many of us actually see our money or convert it into cash?

It's all electronic account transfers and digitized lol 

 

 

The Fed injects 4 trillion of liquidity into the markets overnight and everything appears to work,

But if everyone withdrew all their cash from the banks, would it still work - I think not :)

It comes and goes without anyone ever seeing it or laying hands on it 

Ask yourself, did it ever really exist?

 

Fair point. Of course we would never be allowed to withdraw said cash. But nevertheless that digital can still be converted into a baguette, a bottle of wine, or a pack of toilet paper.

so has the market bottomed or not?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,571
[WOLF2]
Members
4,985 posts
20,945 battles
3 hours ago, monpetitloup said:

Fair point. Of course we would never be allowed to withdraw said cash. But nevertheless that digital can still be converted into a baguette, a bottle of wine, or a pack of toilet paper.

so has the market bottomed or not?

The markets appear very disconnected from the real economy, so who knows :)

The Fed basically saying "whatever it takes" probably puts in the bottom for the time being 

 

Personally, I don't like the idea of rushing back in and celebrating before the bodies are even buried

It's unseemly and appears foolish when there is so much uncertainty

 

Edited by Commander_367

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×